Adamu

If Barbee had held onto some of the players he brought in he might have actually gotten something going here. Unfortunately he has not been able to hold onto many players and therefore he is basically starting over every year. I really thought Barbee was going to do some good things here at Auburn but it appears that I was wrong.

At some point you have to wonder if its still possible for AU to have a consistently good/decent BB program.

did you watch the game last night. it was a team we should beat but the biggest margin of victory in 12 years ... that has to mean something.

i want more wins and less folks off the team. barbee has obviously made a calculation to get some risk kids and then hope he can discipline them on campus. hopefully that trend reduces or stops.

he is recruiting at a higher level and i would guess things are looking better, but i too would like to see more wins and less attrition.

My concern is what kind of character kids is he recruiting? I don't want angels on the team but I do want kids that can at least last more than one season. I don't care how many top 25 classes he hauls in if they are gone a year later. Either Barbee is incredibly tough on discipline to the point of ridiculousness or he is doing a poor job of evaluating how a kid will fit in up here. Either way it is really frustrating to see guy after guy either leave or get kicked off

My concern is what kind of character kids is he recruiting? I don't want angels on the team but I do want kids that can at least last more than one season. I don't care how many top 25 classes he hauls in if they are gone a year later. Either Barbee is incredibly tough on discipline to the point of ridiculousness or he is doing a poor job of evaluating how a kid will fit in up here. Either way it is really frustrating to see guy after guy either leave or get kicked off

regardless of what i posted earlier ... i completely agree with what you have said here

Kouassi and Morena both left because they didn't feel like they fit in. I'm not sure how Barbee can tell the future and see if they will like it/fit in or not. But I agree, all this has to stop sometime soon for Barbee to be successful

JMO but Adamu was a desperation recruit...had a checkered background to begin with...I mean Perimter JC or something and was signed late. Seems to me that Barbee was willing to give him a chance to turn things around and he didn't respond. His loss.

JMO but Adamu was a desperation recruit...had a checkered background to begin with...I mean Perimter JC or something and was signed late. Seems to me that Barbee was willing to give him a chance to turn things around and he didn't respond. His loss.

I agree. He was last in first out. I am hoping Barbee was right that this will be a better team in Jan than November and December. He better coach them up. We are on our way to another embarrassing season.

With JJ out as AD soon, the new AD will not have that much patience with a lame duck coach in a top notch arena. Well, at least that is what I hope happens. WDE.

It is going to take some time at AU to build up the program back up to late 90's/mid 80's level. We are not Kentucky in basketball we can't just go out and recruit a class that can win big the next season. AU just doesn't have the bball support at this time to do that. We need to remember it took Coach Smith at UNC a few years to build a winner and it took coach Wooden around ten years before he won his first championship at UCLA. Those were the two best coaches ever. Barbee will get it done, but probably not this year-he's shown (at UTEP) that he can win championships.

this^^^

Unless somebody knows something which has not been shared, we don't know what happened with Adamu. From the timing, academics may well have been the issue. HC Barbee may well have taken a risk and, when it didn't work out, he responded without hesitation. If that be the case, I am OK with that. I believe Barbee is doing a very fine job and, yes, we are building but not there yet.

If you are not doing so already, come join us in support of the team. If you can't use your tickets, give them to someone who will! Their 2nd half performance against Grambling may prove to be something of a turning point. That is what a hoping for... a balanced offensive attack and an ever increasingly tenacious defense!

WDE

Archived