2013 5* DE Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss signee)

bg5

This name should not even be on our forum?....Just me and my opinion..He is bought and paid for.

This name should not even be on our forum?....Just me and my opinion..He is bought and paid for.

Agreed. His threads have been moved back and forth from Auburn recruiting to Rivals recruiting more than once going back to the AE days.

Bought and paid for??? Really

Perhaps just an unfortunate choice of terminology? The fact that his brother is playing at Ole Miss and just concluded an outstanding season is probably what puts him in Oxford. In any case, from the first time I heard his name he has never exhibited the slightest interest in Auburn. Were I the AU recruiting coordinator, I wouldn't waste a phone call in that direction. There are other guys that have shown us some interest.

People need to stop thinking we have ever had a remote possibility with this kid.

He is from Georgia and he has not once talked about AU and when is the last time you have heard him visiting AU? Does even want to give us the time to stop by

His coach is Mickey Conn who played for Bama's 92 NC team. He is extremely anti Auburn. Know someone who played at Grayson at AU now and he said that Conn openly criticized his decision on the team. Anyone who says Conn is open with Auburn is just wrong.

Nkemdiche has never even considered AU from the beginning. Guy who played at Grayson* has told me 2 weeks before that he was going to Clemson then before the Clemson decommit he told me that. Now he is saying it isn't for sure but Ole Miss is big because he wants to play with his brother/getting recruited by his brother. Mom pushing him that way and he looks the atmosphere and feel of Ole Miss.

ETA: Last paragraph incorrectly said guy played at AU not Grayson

Agree with all of this post. If Conn had his way, this kid would be going to spuat. If his heart (and his Mom) telling him to play at Ole Miss with his brother does not win out, look for him to sign with spuat.

wde

• 2 weeks later...

I think any team would be lucky to get him.

He has a big upside. He can be a dominate DE . I think he goes Ole Miss 70 percent, Bama 30 percent

FWIW LSU insiders feel very confident that Nkemdiche ends up at LSU.

Mickey Conn isn't directing him to Bama but he definitely talks trash about AU to his players especially those who get recruiting phone calls from us.

Ole Miss is extremely confident about RN too. His mom is pushing him to OM and everytime he talks about things relating to Ole Miss he makes it sound like he is commit not a prospective recruit.

Obviously LSU isn't out of it or else he would have committed to Ole Miss already though

Archived