2013 3* JUCO OLB Tommy Sanders (Texas A&M signee)

ellitor

So, that means we are out of the running for him, and if so it seems like witht his 4-2-5 base defense our need for AS many LBs is not as great, which sayes that if we bring in C Toney and one more LB, whether it is Jarrad, or Foster, or someone else, then our depth should be fine with Cass, Frost, and the other guys.

I don't think so. That "5" DB can well be a linebacker type. I think Frost, Garrett or Mitchell, three we already have on board, could fit in there very well.

I understand that, but at the same time, a bulked up safety can play the "5" also. I am not saying it would not be nice to get him, I am just saying that from my (very uninformed) opinion it is not detremental to get this guy in particular.

So, that means we are out of the running for him, and if so it seems like witht his 4-2-5 base defense our need for AS many LBs is not as great, which sayes that if we bring in C Toney and one more LB, whether it is Jarrad, or Foster, or someone else, then our depth should be fine with Cass, Frost, and the other guys.

I don't think so. That "5" DB can well be a linebacker type. I think Frost, Garrett or Mitchell, three we already have on board, could fit in there very well.

I don't think any of them have the speed to play the Spur. Of the players on roster now Therezie is the best candidate as far as speed, coverage ability, and physicality to be the spur.

Don't forget E that Justin Garrett played some safety in high school and had even discussed a move to safety at AU with Thigpen (got this from people I know on the team). He should have adequate coverage and speed skills to play the spur as well and may flourish.

Don't forget E that Justin Garrett played some safety in high school and had even discussed a move to safety at AU with Thigpen (got this from people I know on the team). He should have adequate coverage and speed skills to play the spur as well and may flourish.

Cool. Thanks for the reminder.

And Frost was a WR prospect, Mitchell a track man. Both are fast enough to play that position, as well as Garrett and Therezie. The point being we still need linebackers, the "2" number in a 4-2-5 defense is quite misleading. That 5th defensive back could well be a linebacker type.

And Frost was a WR prospect, Mitchell a track man. Both are fast enough to play that position, as well as Garrett and Therezie. The point being we still need linebackers, the "2" number in a 4-2-5 defense is quite misleading. That 5th defensive back could well be a linebacker type.

That is what is so good about it. It is a multiple defense that can adapt to traditional power or spread teams.

We ran a 4-2-5 in high school and I played OLB. Me and the other OLB played on the line to jam the receiver from getting a clean shot with a crack back on our LBs. It worked for us and was great to keep outside containment. I can tell you that I was under weight playing the position and giving up AT LEAST 40-50 lbs on O-linemen pulling on me or the full back. It takes alot of technique and reading the play. I like this defense a lot needless to say.This also gave the DBs enough time to read everything going on and to react. So, I believe a DB could play in the position you all are talking about.

Archived