2013 3* JUCO OLB Tommy Sanders (Texas A&M signee)

ellitor

Looks like Gus isn't willing to bank on the 2013 class. We need some immediate depth at LB. I'm digging how Gus is handling things.

Looks like Gus isn't willing to bank on the 2013 class. We need some immediate depth at LB. I'm digging how Gus is handling things.

He may also be expecting some players on the team to leave and get a full class.

He may also be expecting some players on the team to leave and get a full class.

I feel a few will leave...and it will be nice to get a full class. Thanks for keeping us up to date E. I can't wait til spring

This is exactly what wee man did to get past the Shula era problem quickly.

How many open 2013 scholarships does CGM have to work with right now?

Will CGM also go back to annual scholarships?

I certainly hope so.

Back in June I predicted we'd sign 25, including three early enrolees and holding three back for the '14 class. With the coaching change, I think we'll sign all 28, if we can get 28 legitimate prospects.

The four year scholarship thing was not a coach's decision, it was President Gouge's decision. Remember that Coach Chizik was surprised when the four-year thing was mentioned in a signing day press conference? No coach would want the four year thing to be there, but once started that would be hard to undo.

And what Stallings (and a little $) did in getting JUCO's Curry & Copeland, D backbone in '92, one of Bama's 4 non-hilarious titles.

The 4 year scholly thing is way overblown. and not much of a factor. Whether they are 4 year or 1 they are still null and void by the same things...grades, off field problems, player chosing to transfer, etc

does this indicate that maybe trey johnson told the coaches he was moving on?

Not yet but it looks like the coaches are preparing for it. CEJ visited Trey and asked Trey to tell us if we have no chance at him and to move on. Trey is talking to his dad before making that decision.

Everything is just so confusing, he is coming, he might be, he is here. It is basically to the point of a draft. Nobody knows who they want. Man Febuary cannott come quick enough.

Everything is just so confusing, he is coming, he might be, he is here. It is basically to the point of a draft. Nobody knows who they want. Man Febuary cannott come quick enough.

Not really confusing. He said he may visit and the visit was between Auburn and South Carolina. He chose to visit South Carolina.

So, that means we are out of the running for him, and if so it seems like witht his 4-2-5 base defense our need for AS many LBs is not as great, which sayes that if we bring in C Toney and one more LB, whether it is Jarrad, or Foster, or someone else, then our depth should be fine with Cass, Frost, and the other guys.

Archived