A Finebaum free zone

doc4aday

For a change of pace, I've been listening to the Zone. Coach Howell in the afternoon is solid, and while I certainly don't always agree with Scarbinsky, he's on in the morning. At least they actually talk sports, and when people call in it's to ask questions not to just call in.

Makes me think of this:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. He is an equal opportunist. You may think that because you just started listening to him (or maybe not). I have been listening to him for about 20 years. He hits only what is trending. He makes mountains out of molehills to the extreme. I actually think he is fairly impartial. It is easy to kick AU while they are down. He likes easy. Most of this week was about Saban leaving. It is nothing but ratings. He is where he is because he pushes peoples buttons. He has pushed yours doc.

You hit it dead on. He is nothing different than any other shock jock. He knows how to push the right buttons to get people riled up and calling in. I imagine he leaves the studio every evening thinking what a bunch of morons some people are.

1. Pauuuuuul does not need Auburn fans to listen. And Auburn fans cannot carry his ratings alone. He does need gumpdykes to listen and without them he is out of a job.

2. You can be sensitive and you can be an Auburn fan but you can't be both (without being miserable).

3. I get a good laugh out of PF once in a while. I don't listen much but I usually enjoy it.

Nothing but a bottom dwelling mudrucker...

... one who doesn't even know sports very well. Have you ever heard him actually talk actual nuts and bolts of the game, rather than the personalities involved? Those callers are gone quick, like on a moments notice. Stopped listening to him several years ago, and JOX with the option of another B'ham sports station . With him gone might even put WJOX back as a pre-set station.

PF ticks me off.

UT grad who figured out he could make more money - as someone already said - being a Jerry Springer for Bammers.

Wouldn't be so bad if his broadcasts weren't as toxic as they are to AU. Freaking print media cites his comments in the news.

On the bright side, I saw him eating lunch one day with his wife in Birmingham. Talk about a broken play...

Nothing but a bottom dwelling mudrucker...

... one who doesn't even know sports very well. Have you ever heard him actually talk actual nuts and bolts of the game, rather than the personalities involved? Those callers are gone quick, like on a moments notice. Stopped listening to him several years ago, and JOX with the option of another B'ham sports station . With him gone might even put WJOX back as a pre-set station.

No...never actually any football discussed...just BS crap as you say. I moved back to the states 2 years ago and on my way home from work and there he was on Satellite radio...I had stopped listening to him back in the day when I did live in Bham...no surpise, it was exactly like I remembered from ~25 years ago...I promptly re-instituted my PF ban now that I could actually be exposed to him again....he's a genuine *****head that is surrounded by *****heads...

i think most people miss the point of paul show # how to to make a fool out of people and make money in doing it# and who wouldnt sign up for that. keeping it real paul proably dont give a damn about sports period. now making moneny thats all together different. i listen everynow and then just to get a laugh at all the crazy people in the world. dont take his show serious at all! :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle::hellyeah:

"Jerry Springer for bammers"... awesome!

+++

His show confirms the outside world's opinion of southerners as gapped tooth in-breds ...and of course that opinion is reinforced almost every day by his callers.

The PF show was once the only thing I had to listen to on my way home each day and everyday I listened I got mad by th time I was home. That said I got XM radio and haven't listened for 2 years. For those of you who think he is equal opportunity I beg to differ. Anytime an alligation comes up about Auburn he runs with it. Anytime something comes up about Bama he downplays it. He has good guest every once in a while but often gets guest on to back up his conspiracy theories about Auburn or downplay the Bama ones. His callers only call in to talk about other callers not about sports. I do have to say thought that the fact that there is a topic devoted to him means that people care and thats what he wants. He doesn't care if you love him or hate him as long as you listen. My advice would be to find an alternative and not listen. If you find out some day that he is giving Auburn a fair shake (which will not happen) then you might want to go back.

I stopped listening when some of his "regular" callers were using language that you did not want to have on the radio in front of your family. I sent an e-mail to him with my complaint and informing him he was going to lose listeners if he let that kind of garbage continue. I am sure he cares! NOT!

"Jerry Springer for bammers"... awesome!

+++

His show confirms the outside world's opinion of southerners as gapped tooth in-breds ...and of course that opinion is reinforced almost every day by his callers.

I wouldn't say 'confirms'... maybe 'reinforces'...

I disagree. He is an equal opportunist. You may think that because you just started listening to him (or maybe not). I have been listening to him for about 20 years. He hits only what is trending. He makes mountains out of molehills to the extreme. I actually think he is fairly impartial. It is easy to kick AU while they are down. He likes easy. Most of this week was about Saban leaving. It is nothing but ratings. He is where he is because he pushes peoples buttons. He has pushed yours doc.

True Fbomb only cares about Fbomb and right now the gumps are in full on Updyke mode for 2 reasons. Because they are on top and because we are not doing so well this year. It takes those two things to make a gumpdyke happy. Most fanbases would be OK with just their team being on top but bama fans have to be bulling another team (usually us) to make themselves feel complete in their world of bama obsession and their need to feel superior over everyone.

However when Saban leaves, whenever this happens, things will start falling apart for bama and the gumps will panic as there false superiority fails to feel that void in their lives and when they channel all of their anger at their own university is when I will start listening to Fboob again because he will fuel their fire.

I am reminded of the Howard Stern movie where his ratings came out and they gave the numbers for the people who liked him and gave the reason "They want to hear what he will say next", and then they give the numbers for the people who hate him - which turned out to be better then the ones who liked him - and gave the reason "They want to hear what he will say next".

I am willing to bet you could sub PF's name in there. That is the worst part. The second worst part is the ones who "hate" him then come here and start this crap - a thread dedicated to him - rather than follow their own advice and ignore it and turn the station. I am not calling out the OP in particular because many have done just the same time and time again.

Why do people have to be reminded of the type of radio show that PF has...it's not a sports talk show. It's for people that like drama. You people don't like the show but you can't help but taking a peak behind the curtain...just stay away. What I wish is that Pat Dye would go on his show one day and drop him over the air in true fashion. But Dye doesn't have the guts to drop his show. I'm calling you out Coach!

The problem with this loser is something Jim Rome once said. When a radio show host says "nobody takes more calls then me, calls, calls, calls" what that host is really saying is nobody works less then me. Fact is this clown is lazy, is ill informed and unprepared.

I listen to Jim Rome or Colin Cowherd I can tell they actually put work and preparation into their show they dont just roll out of bed and say lets go to the phones.

If Slimebaum is so damn smart unplug his phone for a month and refuse take calls break down the x's and o''s.

Give me your opinion how the Broncos D would stop the Patriots.

Give me your opinion on the matchup between ND and Alabama?

How bout your opinion on the NFL eliminiating the kickoff?

Or how about are the Knicks better then the Heat?

Oh wait you have no insight loser!!!

I don't want to sound too pompus because I listened to Finescum a little before 2005. I do not listen to Springer,Popovich,Judge

Judy or anyone else that caters to the ignorant masses and feel so much better after dropping finescum!

I flip stations constantly. When I get to his show, if he has a guest on, I listen. He's VERY good at getting folks in the know on his show and does a good job of interviewing them. When he's taking calls, I keep flipping.

The PF show was once the only thing I had to listen to on my way home each day and everyday I listened I got mad by th time I was home. That said I got XM radio and haven't listened for 2 years. For those of you who think he is equal opportunity I beg to differ. Anytime an alligation comes up about Auburn he runs with it. Anytime something comes up about Bama he downplays it. He has good guest every once in a while but often gets guest on to back up his conspiracy theories about Auburn or downplay the Bama ones. His callers only call in to talk about other callers not about sports. I do have to say thought that the fact that there is a topic devoted to him means that people care and thats what he wants. He doesn't care if you love him or hate him as long as you listen. My advice would be to find an alternative and not listen. If you find out some day that he is giving Auburn a fair shake (which will not happen) then you might want to go back.

Its a good thing I-Man and Tammy don't support this assumption.

Thiose two prove the point about dumb callers that only talk about other callers. It's really more like a TV show. Some of the callers have become characters and when they call they play a role. When Shane was alive it was well known that Finbaum would feed him info on what to call in about. That way Finbaum didn't ahve to be the one saying it.

Well said. I agree with this except, I would not go back listening to him regardless of what he did. He is like a call girl ... he is for sale. The UAT is his client.

The problem with this loser is something Jim Rome once said. When a radio show host says "nobody takes more calls then me, calls, calls, calls" what that host is really saying is nobody works less then me. Fact is this clown is lazy, is ill informed and unprepared.

I listen to Jim Rome or Colin Cowherd I can tell they actually put work and preparation into their show they dont just roll out of bed and say lets go to the phones.

If Slimebaum is so damn smart unplug his phone for a month and refuse take calls break down the x's and o''s.

Give me your opinion how the Broncos D would stop the Patriots.

Give me your opinion on the matchup between ND and Alabama?

How bout your opinion on the NFL eliminiating the kickoff?

Or how about are the Knicks better then the Heat?

Oh wait you have no insight loser!!!

Thats a great point I didn't make earlier. I am amazed at his lack of sports knowledge. When callers call in and ask him a question, he deflects it. I really like Cowherd and Rome. I wish I could get Rome again on local radio. And Cowherd is very informative. They all have huge egos, but that apparently is just part of the business. The only show I really like on JOX is the roundtable. LT and Rockstar are hilarious.

Thiose two prove the point about dumb callers that only talk about other callers. It's really more like a TV show. Some of the callers have become characters and when they call they play a role. When Shane was alive it was well known that Finbaum would feed him info on what to call in about. That way Finbaum didn't ahve to be the one saying it.

Exactly I have never listened to a show for a damn caller. I want to hear what JIM ROME has to say not his callers ditto Cowherd. Ditto anyone else. Hell I hear he pays his callers.

Im so lazy Im so stupid I bribe people to do my work.

Archived