A Finebaum free zone

doc4aday

I have enough drama running a business and a family. I don't need someone of his ilk to inform me of anything. His show isn't journalism, investigative or informative. The mere fact that updyke chose his show tells me all I need to know. :thumbsdown:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with this loser is something Jim Rome once said. When a radio show host says "nobody takes more calls then me, calls, calls, calls" what that host is really saying is nobody works less then me. Fact is this clown is lazy, is ill informed and unprepared.

I listen to Jim Rome or Colin Cowherd I can tell they actually put work and preparation into their show they dont just roll out of bed and say lets go to the phones.

If Slimebaum is so damn smart unplug his phone for a month and refuse take calls break down the x's and o''s.

Give me your opinion how the Broncos D would stop the Patriots.

Give me your opinion on the matchup between ND and Alabama?

How bout your opinion on the NFL eliminiating the kickoff?

Or how about are the Knicks better then the Heat?

Oh wait you have no insight loser!!!

Thats a great point I didn't make earlier. I am amazed at his lack of sports knowledge. When callers call in and ask him a question, he deflects it. I really like Cowherd and Rome. I wish I could get Rome again on local radio. And Cowherd is very informative. They all have huge egos, but that apparently is just part of the business. The only show I really like on JOX is the roundtable. LT and Rockstar are hilarious.

Get the Iheart Radio App 1350 out of San Diego has him every day from 11-2 CST that is where I listen to Rome.

ESPN Radio app has Cowherd.

Rome is my favorite. Finebaum couldnt carry his jock strap. And to think in a column Finebaum ripped both.

There is a serious lack of knowledge. Go get a mic and a video camera and a do sports show from the wal mart parking asking passerbys their opinion it would be about as insightful.

Finebaum is the Jerry Springer of sports talk radio. But unlike Springer, and more like Howard Stern, Finebaum needs regular characters. Instead of a large paid staff, Finebaum depends on regular callers to provide this.

"Al from Dadeville" was not a regular caller, but he was a regular listener and had called in before.

Finebaum is not a pot-stirrer, he is a carcinogen, and his show is a tumor. It is a mass of unheathy cells which threatens healthy cells. Ordinary fans can become rabid with excessive exposure to his show.

The simple truth is, if "Al from Dadeville" didn't exist, Finebaum would have had to have invented him. Let me correct myself. Finebaum essentially DID invent "Al from Dadeville". The cancer which is Finebaum's show consumed Harvey Updyke. Updyke had to one-up the regulars. Something like Updyke was destined to metastasize when you have a carcinogen like Finebaum's show.

"Al from Dadeville" catapulted Finebaum to national prominence. I have no doubt Finebaum was beaming with pride and high-fiving after "Al's" story was proven true. Finebaum's ad rates no doubt increased significantly, he became a regular in SI and on ESPN, was the centerpiece of "Roll Tide War Eagle", and was the subject of a lengthy New Yorker piece.

The real thing which bothered me was Finebaum never explicitly disproved Updyke's claim about AU students rolling Toomer's Corner at the news of the death of Bear Bryant. Bammers to Updykes claim and started repeating it. This goes to my comment about Finebaum being a carcinogen. Lies like this can poison people. It gives justification for violence and destruction of property. It is dangerous. It needed to be put to bed hard, to prevent copycats or retribution. But Finebaum needs these lies and conspiracy theories to feed his audience, and keep them listening.

To put it simply, Paul Finebaum is a awful human being. That is a harsh thing to say about anyone, but it really is true. Like Springer, Finebaum profits from the misery of others.

Finebaum is the Jerry Springer of sports talk radio. But unlike Springer, and more like Howard Stern, Finebaum needs regular characters. Instead of a large paid staff, Finebaum depends on regular callers to provide this.

"Al from Dadeville" was not a regular caller, but he was a regular listener and had called in before.

Finebaum is not a pot-stirrer, he is a carcinogen, and his show is a tumor. It is a mass of unheathy cells which threatens healthy cells. Ordinary fans can become rabid with excessive exposure to his show.

The simple truth is, if "Al from Dadeville" didn't exist, Finebaum would have had to have invented him. Let me correct myself. Finebaum essentially DID invent "Al from Dadeville". The cancer which is Finebaum's show consumed Harvey Updyke. Updyke had to one-up the regulars. Something like Updyke was destined to metastasize when you have a carcinogen like Finebaum's show.

"Al from Dadeville" catapulted Finebaum to national prominence. I have no doubt Finebaum was beaming with pride and high-fiving after "Al's" story was proven true. Finebaum's ad rates no doubt increased significantly, he became a regular in SI and on ESPN, was the centerpiece of "Roll Tide War Eagle", and was the subject of a lengthy New Yorker piece.

The real thing which bothered me was Finebaum never explicitly disproved Updyke's claim about AU students rolling Toomer's Corner at the news of the death of Bear Bryant. Bammers to Updykes claim and started repeating it. This goes to my comment about Finebaum being a carcinogen. Lies like this can poison people. It gives justification for violence and destruction of property. It is dangerous. It needed to be put to bed hard, to prevent copycats or retribution. But Finebaum needs these lies and conspiracy theories to feed his audience, and keep them listening.

To put it simply, Paul Finebaum is a awful human being. That is a harsh thing to say about anyone, but it really is true. Like Springer, Finebaum profits from the misery of others.

Can I add one thing to this..If your a talk show host and you get that call hey I am blah blah blah and I killed Toomer's oak how do you even allow that guy on the air?

Thats the other point mix in a damn call screener. I hold Slimebaum responsible to a degree. He gave Updkye the venue to brag about what he did. Without publicity would he have done that?

Who the hell would allow that trash on the air?

The People that are so against him for being an Auburn Hater, are just as small minded as the bammers that think he is actually a bammer supporter.

^^^^ DouggWilliams summed it up nicely above, He takes shots at everybody, but the only ones that hit home are the ones about your respective school.

I promise if you listen to him, and he takes a cheap shot at bama, or florida or tennessee or georgia... .. you laugh at it and think how true it is, but if he

makes a negative comment about Auburn then it hits close to home and you dont like it. Take off the Auburn Glasses and take the show for what it is.

He has stated publicly that he is indeed an ALABAMA FAN! He does not pull for AU in any way, form or fashion and anyone who thinks he does needs to take there glasses off!

The finebaum supporters in this thread can say he doesn't care about anyone and is just rolling with who is on top, but that's BS. finebaum may have ripped bama durning the Shulda days, but it doesn't even compare to the damage he has done to AU the past few years. From stirring up NCAA rumors to killing the reputation of AU on a national show on a daily basis.

He is an enemy of AU and a freind to Saban and that's pretty obvious to anyone with their head out of the sand.

The finebaum supporters in this thread can say he doesn't care about anyone and is just rolling with who is on top, but that's BS. finebaum may have ripped bama durning the Shulda days, but it doesn't even compare to the damage he has done to AU the past few years. From stirring up NCAA rumors to killing the reputation of AU on a national show on a daily basis.

He is an enemy of AU and a freind to Saban and that's pretty obvious to anyone with their head out of the sand.

AMEN AND AMEN!!!

The People that are so against him for being an Auburn Hater, are just as small minded as the bammers that think he is actually a bammer supporter.

^^^^ DouggWilliams summed it up nicely above, He takes shots at everybody, but the only ones that hit home are the ones about your respective school.

I promise if you listen to him, and he takes a cheap shot at bama, or florida or tennessee or georgia... .. you laugh at it and think how true it is, but if he

makes a negative comment about Auburn then it hits close to home and you dont like it. Take off the Auburn Glasses and take the show for what it is.

He has stated publicly that he is indeed an ALABAMA FAN! He does not pull for AU in any way, form or fashion and anyone who thinks he does needs to take there glasses off!

Are you a conspiracy theorist ? What in the world would give you THAT idea ? ;)

finebaum_alabama.jpg

WarBlogle: "Finebaum Likens Auburn Program to Ponzi Scheme", 3/15/11

link: http://www.warblogle...to-ponzi-scheme

With all the respect I can muster, if any Auburn fans still listen to Finebaum, they get what they deserve. That show has become the Jerry Springer of radio. It caters to the fans with the lowest IQ's and is nothing but an obnoxious Romper Room full of mental midgets.

Tip your hat to Paul. He has made a great living being a circus clown and stirring the pot. Clowns continue to listen.

Have a great day.

Here is a bit of an article he wrote for SI. He is a liar and scumbag. Read what he wrote carefully. I was not aware the NCAA ever actually had a suspect..this was Sheridans claim. Then he draws the conclusion that money did actually change hands by stating "the money". It's very craftily worded and is designed to leave an impression of guilt.

Sheridan created a stir recently saying he knew the name of the alleged "bagman'' who the NCAA suspects gave the money to Cecil Newton in order to get his son to Auburn.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/paul_finebaum/09/01/mark.emmert/index.html#ixzz2ExQe8440

Sometimes when Mr. Findabum is referencing something Alabama. He uses the word we....

I asked him once in person once why he just didn't name his show U of A Everyday....

WarBlogle: "Finebaum Likens Auburn Program to Ponzi Scheme", 3/15/11

link: http://www.warblogle...to-ponzi-scheme

Look at the comments from all the bammers on that blog. "AU is about to get spanked by NCAA, just watch, it's coming soon." Most of those comments were made 18 months ago. We're still waiting, bammers. :rollin:

With that said, let me say that I am under no illusion that CFB is a pure sport. I know how the world works and I understand human psychology and the desire to win (both in business and in sports). Do I think AU has always been clean? Nope. The NCAA has proven that. But AU is FAR from alone here. There has NEVER been a program that is consistently at the top that has been clean. Ever. Look at USC in the early 2000's -- they were dirty and have the NCAA infractions (and vacated wins) to prove it. I said back then they were too dominant to be clean and I was right.

Look at OSU under Tressel. He had a dominant run up there and, yep, he was dirty too. Miami in the 80's wouldn't have a single ring if they were clean. Look at the Bahr -- one of the dirtiest coaches in history, but he was one of the few untouchables so nobody bothered to look into it. Look at Les Miles and all his "processing" players out of the program (Saban is one of the worst offenders as well). CFB is a tough and mean business and we are fooling ourselves if we think it is not a BUSINESS. Sorry folks, but the "ra ra, play for your school" days are long gone.

What separates bammer from AU is that most all of the stuff about AU is unsubstantiated rumor that HAS been looked into and cleared by the NCAA. Maybe AU's power brokers are just too smart to be caught (JJ is a genius after all), but the FACT is that AU has been cleared in relation to Cam. The media chooses to ignore this little fact.

The difference with bammer is that there's lot's of proof out there that the NCAA and media ignores, such as Trent Richardson's brand new Yukon (google it, there's pics and police citations that prove it). Then you have suitgate and fishinggate. Bammer has more "gates" than any program since SMU. What separates bammer is that they are "too big to fail," so the NCAA , Mike Slive, and the bammerham media IGNORES all of it. If SMU were not SMU, they wouldn't have been bothered either (Texas Longhorns were king in that state).

One of the bammer tactics is to distract attention away from their own shenanigans by pointing the finger at AU. It makes them feel better about their own cheating, sort of like a cheating spouse accusing the other of cheating. They also do it because they can -- they control the state media.

One of these days the NCAA will wake up and stop pretending CFB is an amateur sport. Any time something is that profitable (billions nationally), you will have players being paid. Sorry, but it's the way the world works and has always worked. I do not blame the players whatsoever for wanting to be paid for their WORK nor do I think it should be looked at as something evil. Most of these kids come from the projects and are not going to turn the cash away (I certainly wouldn't).

What I do have a problem with is the NCAA not treating everyone equally. Just about every major program is dirty, but the NCAA picks and chooses who they target. That's what bothers me and why the NCAA needs to be overhauled. They need to just acknowledge that CFB is a professional sport and just implement rules that allow it to be so within reason.

So very true. He has always pandered to his majority Bammer fan base and has trivialized AU.His platform is that Bammer is more important and should always be better than AU even when they are not .(Shula years) Any AU fan that listens to him is basically a fool.

If he truly praised the one on top and kicked the one who was down why did he try so hard to tear us down during the NC year. And then go after Cam so hard. Don't full yourself he is full of Updyke.

I stopped listening to him completely about 2 years ago. There's way too many hateful and snarky comments from him and his regulars to warrant wasting time listening to his show.

Once in a while oline, I listen to the jox garbage of Finebaum. The guy comes across as if he is being paid a 7 digit sum of money for promoting bammer football and anythin bammer for the most part. I listen to some of the North Carolina radio sports talk out of Charlotte, and it is fair to all college teams here including Clemson and Univ. of South Carolina. Finebaum has to have gotten a burr under his saddle that he thinks was placed there by Auburn. I never really heard of him until a year or so ago while visiting someone in the Birmingham area. I could not believe what I was hearing. I actually thought the man was being paid by UAT for his comments against Auburn. I do no t think there is anyone on sports talk radio that is bad as Finebaum with targeting Auburn University. This is my take on this. I will never mention his name ever again on this site after tonight!

He will send positive vibs to any school that pays him attention. He gets to chat with Saban often, therefore he always puts them in a positive light. Auburn coaches and staff (other that Dye) have never given Finebaum the time of day. Just wait till Nick leaves and see how much his tune changes...

He will send positive vibs to any school that pays him attention. He gets to chat with Saban often, therefore he always puts them in a positive light. Auburn coaches and staff (other that Dye) have never given Finebaum the time of day. Just wait till Nick leaves and see how much his tune changes...

No ,Finebaum has always pandered to his majority Bammer fan base.He started this trivialization of AU from his non-humble beginnings.His platform has nothing to do with the coach at Bammer ! You must be a young man that does not know Fbaums history.

• 2 weeks later...

No ,Finebaum has always pandered to his majority Bammer fan base.He started this trivialization of AU from his non-humble beginnings.His platform has nothing to do with the coach at Bammer ! You must be a young man that does not know Fbaums history.

Still disagree with you but I guess I'm in a no-win situation because I've never wasted a lot of my time listening to his crap...like others have.

Archived