A Finebaum free zone

doc4aday

I am not sure if the Mods will let this fly, but hopefully so! I do not know about the rest of you in the Auburn Family, but I am sick and tired of hearing about Finebaum, and talking about his latest actions that speak negatively about Auburn. We as the Auburn Family need to make a pact among us all not to ever post anything about him, or give him any attention ever again on this site. We all know that he is the ambassador of Saban and the bammer nation. The best way to make him a non-factor is to stop giving him any attention whatsoever when he mentions Auburn on his show. His show is nothing but the "praise Saban and bammer hour" on the jock-itch radio station. I do not get that station of which I am thankful for. If we will set a date, 12-12-12, is as good as any, we can once and for all make him go away and never to return here again! If we make the James Carville twin a non-issue, he will lose a lot of his evil power . Just say no, can once again be the motto of all good Auburn folks!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. He is an equal opportunist. You may think that because you just started listening to him (or maybe not). I have been listening to him for about 20 years. He hits only what is trending. He makes mountains out of molehills to the extreme. I actually think he is fairly impartial. It is easy to kick AU while they are down. He likes easy. Most of this week was about Saban leaving. It is nothing but ratings. He is where he is because he pushes peoples buttons. He has pushed yours doc.

I used to listen to him regular since the late 90's. Around the time of 09 MNC I turned him off and haven't looked back. I've probably listened to 5 shows in the past 3 years and that's mainly if I am stuck in a car on a long road trip.

The People that are so against him for being an Auburn Hater, are just as small minded as the bammers that think he is actually a bammer supporter.

^^^^ DouggWilliams summed it up nicely above, He takes shots at everybody, but the only ones that hit home are the ones about your respective school.

I promise if you listen to him, and he takes a cheap shot at bama, or florida or tennessee or georgia... .. you laugh at it and think how true it is, but if he

makes a negative comment about Auburn then it hits close to home and you dont like it. Take off the Auburn Glasses and take the show for what it is.

I disagree. He is an equal opportunist. You may think that because you just started listening to him (or maybe not). I have been listening to him for about 20 years. He hits only what is trending. He makes mountains out of molehills to the extreme. I actually think he is fairly impartial. It is easy to kick AU while they are down. He likes easy. Most of this week was about Saban leaving. It is nothing but ratings. He is where he is because he pushes peoples buttons. He has pushed yours doc.

Me too. For awhile. But after a point,what's the purpose? Oh yeah,you "get" it. Harvey didn't get it. He killed a tree. YOU contributed to that. Yep. You helped Fbaum keep his advertisers and stay on the air. I'm glad you're "smart" enough to "get it". Like I told my brother,Fbaum doesn't care whether you are a moron that listens,or a genius (that "gets it") and listens.As long as you listen. You definitely outsmarted him,didn't you? Hopefully one of those degenerates won't kill somebody over a ball game. But it will make great radio if it happens. As long as you "get it". Right?

I grant you that he's addicting in a sense, but I went cold turkey about 3 years ago and turned him off and never turned him back on. Results: Blood pressure down, happiness up AND I've never missed a damn thing of any importance so that should tell you what those of you who are hooked on it still are listening to: a whole lot of nothin' on a radio version of Jerry Springer.

The guy is the Jerry Springer of te sports talk world. He doesn't try to support any team and doesn't try to destroy any team. For most of the show he hoist stirs the pot in whatever way will drum up the most controversy. Some of his interviews are still worth listening to (Patrino's was pretty good today) but for the most part it isn't worth listening through 3hrs 45min of crap to hear 15min of good radio.

Me too. For awhile. But after a point,what's the purpose? Oh yeah,you "get" it. Harvey didn't get it. He killed a tree. YOU contributed to that. Yep. You helped Fbaum keep his advertisers and stay on the air. I'm glad you're "smart" enough to "get it". Like I told my brother,Fbaum doesn't care whether you are a moron that listens,or a genius (that "gets it") and listens.As long as you listen. You definitely outsmarted him,didn't you? Hopefully one of those degenerates won't kill somebody over a ball game. But it will make great radio if it happens. As long as you "get it". Right?

Wow, put down your weapon. You seem wayyy to uptight for this conversation. I agree with you, you should not listen to Finebaum. Also, dont listen to those "voices in your head".

This is exactly right. The AU fans LOVE him when UAT is down and he is kicking them and vacationing with Tubbs (literally) . He was very hard on Perkins, Curry, Shula, Price, Fran and Dubose.

I have almost stopped listening to him, but not because I think he hates AU. He is a bottom feeder and makes his living stirring things up (or letting his callers do it) and kicking people when they are down.

He does have some interesting and informative guests and interviews from time to time, but it is no longer worth it to me to cut through all the other garbage and about a million commercials to hear those.

I have yet to hear him talk condescendingly to Alabama alum the way he does to Auburn alum. Same thing with the fans that call in. I think the only way an Auburn fan gets through is if they can portray themselves as toothless morons worthy of a show after redneck island.

PF is all about PF, if you think you are getting anything other than marginal entertainment by listening, by all means go right ahead.

Personally, I haven't wasted my time listening to him in a long time.

My 0.02, and worth exacty what you paid for it.

ETA:

Danny Sheridan, need I say more?

PF has been around forever, knows everyone and has a great show even if a lot of the callers are morons. It sucks to listen when we are down but it was fun as hell when we were on top. The guy is good and it just sounds weak for us to be crying because he is making fun of us when we deserve it. Sometimes the truth hurts but we will be back and then it will be fun to listen to the show again. Nut up everyone.

Only reason I started listening to him was because Herb And Ben (later Herb and Ray) were freaking horrible. There's not bigger bammer homers than those two, and to top it off they were BORING. There's a reason they no longer have a show.

F-bomb is there to stir the pot. He always drops insinuations without ever coming out and accusing anyone of anything. This gets the bammer necks stirred up and they call in "PAWWLL, whut about that Troopa?" One good thing about F-bomb is he is national and the rest of the country gets to listen to how the bammers really are.

There wasnt a thread here discussing him or a comment he made, so this whole thread seems pointless and counter productive. It just makes zero sense to start a thread about someobody with the premise to ignore that person. pretty pointless thread.

I tried to listen a couple of times but came to the conclusion that the show is billed wrong. It really has a tiny bit of sports info and a whole lot of crap. I prefer a knowledgable host for sports talk. His crap is dribble

PF has been around forever, knows everyone and has a great show even if a lot of the callers are morons. It sucks to listen when we are down but it was fun as hell when we were on top. The guy is good and it just sounds weak for us to be crying because he is making fun of us when we deserve it. Sometimes the truth hurts but we will be back and then it will be fun to listen to the show again. Nut up everyone.

Seriously?

He ragged us over baseless crap on Cam in 2010 and since then with Sheridan.

Whether you're listening to the same show I hear about on here or not, it's still "entertainment" i'll pass on.

Great show?

Puhleeese!

He plays his market to help him, he can shove it.

I'd take silence over that bonehead.

And I'll add this, he may well have been around forever, and know many people, but he doesn't offer many if any facts. It's entertainment, and nothing more.

If that's your thing by all means...

The guy is the Jerry Springer of te sports talk world. He doesn't try to support any team and doesn't try to destroy any team. For most of the show he hoist stirs the pot in whatever way will drum up the most controversy. Some of his interviews are still worth listening to (Patrino's was pretty good today) but for the most part it isn't worth listening through 3hrs 45min of crap to hear 15min of good radio.

Spot on. Finebaum is in the ratings business, catering to the sports version of Honey Boo Boo watchers. Good for him. Make lots of money. I don't listen because I did not like schoolyard bravado BS in sixth grade and I certainly don't like it now. Message to doc4aday: If you don't listen to him he will not exist in your world.

Paul is for Paul is true. However, his local audience is mainly the uaT SWAA. The more goobers he gets the higher his ratings.

Plus say anything negative about $aban and your privlidges get revoked.

I haven't listened in a couple of years and have not missed a thing. If you want to listen for enjoyment and amusement, try fingernails on a chalkboard.

Archived