Westerman gone? Merged threads.

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he will only have two years of eligibility to play at Arizonia State. He was a redshirt freshman this year. He will have to sit out next next year as a redshirt sophomore and he will not become eligible until his redshirt junior year. He either must be really unhappy at Auburn, or he must be very concerned about a lack of playing time

Correct. He has 2 years left.

This move just doesnt make any sense unless he is absolutely miserable or he thinks he will never play at Auburn

No it doesn't make a lot of sense. If he stayed healthy, he would have had a very good chance to be a 3 year starter, beginning next year. damn

Boys, buckle in ... cuz if true ... It won't be the last

You'd think that the arrival of Gus and company would brighten their mood,and give way to the promise of more playing time.

Man... Gene really has Chizzed up things for us.

It would be kind of ironic if Westerman was leaving because of a lack of playing time since he will have to sit out a year. Anyway, he didn't play his redshirt year and was injured much of this past season. By the time he gets to play in games at Az St,he'll have gone three years without any significant game experience. To each his own, and ASU is not a bad place to get a fresh start.

Westerman will be draft eligible before he even starts a game in college.

Playing time dont make sense. Jhe hasnt been available. If he has, he must have been unimpressive. We certainly could have used the help.

Playing time dont make sense. Jhe hasnt been available. If he has, he must have been unimpressive. We certainly could have used the help.

If he transferred to Texas then it would be an issue with playing time.

I bet it is because of location.

If he transferred to Texas then it would be an issue with playing time.

I bet it is because of location.

^^This.

I wish him the best but I have been expecting this...however he was not the first player I would have expected to leave.

I wish he would have at least waited to talk to the new OL coach BUT this sounds like it has been coming for a while. He misses home. Nothing we can do about that one.

he left because were losing and thats that. if we were winning he wouldnt be going nowhere.and thats fine wish him the best. and if anybodyelese decides to leave or dont commit thats fine too. gus wasnt my first choice as coach but im 100% behind him and imo he will turn the program around :hellyeah::bananadance::wareagle:

Going back home..can't blame him. Hope things work out well for him at ASU.

Free's up a spot for another recruit. If he doesn't want to be at Auburn for whatever reason let him go. I was excited wen we got him but I don't want someone that doesn't love Auburn. If he just loved Grimes that's his problem.

Archived