2013 LB John-Patrick Sherling (Ole miss walk-on)

Altima

I want this guy! If anyone watched the AL/MS All-Star game, you will know why. He turned alot of heads in Montgomery... Coaches (and players) said he was one of the few stand-outs all week!

Give this kid a scholly, or invite him to walk-on... This kid can play for any SEC team! Reminds you of a Vinnie Sunseri type player. Start him off on special teams, then let him work his way into the LB rotation.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks too small to play LB in the SEC.

Jake Holland, Johnny Evans, Justin Garrett, Javy Mitchell all say hello... Garrett and Mitchell are both under 200 lbs... And, Holland and Evans are both under 6 ft.

I'd say if Sherling were to gain a few lbs, he would be juuussst fine...

No smaller than some of the LBs we have now...And that's without a college weight training program.

No smaller than some of the LBs we have now...And that's without a college weight training program.

Apparently our guys were without a college weight training program as well :)

Jake Holland, Johnny Evans, Justin Garrett, Javy Mitchell all say hello... Garrett and Mitchell are both under 200 lbs... And, Holland and Evans are both under 6 ft.

Neither Justin Garrett or Javie Mitchell are under 200 pounds?

Jake Holland is not under 6 foot?

Justin Garrett and Javie Mitchell are at least 6'1 or 6'2?

All these guys mentioned also have superior athleticism (maybe except for Holland) in terms of speed, lateral quickness and explosiveness though. Haven't seen who you are talking about but there is a difference between high school and college level ability

There is a case to be made that nobody is too small to play in the SEC...or the NFL if they have what it takes otherwise.

Check this: http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2012/9/15/3335484/he-aint-heavy-a-look-at-player-height-and-weight-on-nfl-rosters

Generally, more than half the players in the NFL are under 6 feet tall. Sam Mills was a pro bowler and played more than ten years and was about 5'-9.

I see too many posts on these boards that automatically dismiss a prospect over his weight, his height or whatever without knowing much else about him.

All these guys mentioned also have superior athleticism (maybe except for Holland) in terms of speed, lateral quickness and explosiveness though. Haven't seen who you are talking about but there is a difference between high school and college level ability

Kid is already listed at 210 lbs. As a I said before with a college weight program he will be fine.

I was just commenting on someone saying that Garrett and MItchell are under 200 and Jake Holland is not 6 ft.

Don't know anything about this kid

While we argue, we can always hope that Gus or one of the other coaches went by and watched him play, and IF they want him, I am sure they will offer until then, does anyone know what schools (if any D1) are recruiting him?

While we argue, we can always hope that Gus or one of the other coaches went by and watched him play, and IF they want him, I am sure they will offer until then, does anyone know what schools (if any D1) are recruiting him?

No idea. None of the recruiting sites have evalled or have a profile on him yet.

I can assure you that Holland IS under six feet tall...

And, this JP Sherling kid is WAY more physical in stature than Garrett is (especially when he came out of high school), and yes, he IS still under 200 pounds. He got considerably smaller as the season went on. -as did alot of our players....

And poor Javy, to this day, has still never played in a game at the linebacker position...

Don't believe the media guides or gameday programs. They boost numbers as much as the recruiting sites.

A walk one like was already said on here that was a kid every coach wants first one in the gym last one out. Forget walking on we need to give him a scholarship. We always wait then there are already division one schools talking to him and we play catch up. Also played in an all star game making these tackles. What would keep u from offering,waiting to see if foster comes around,then we lose both of them.

A smart player who can read and react is faster than any athlete... always two steps ahead even if he runs a 4.9...polomalu only runs a 4.8..but hes such a smart player it makes up for it

He is a good athlete. I have seen him on film a couple of times. Definitely an option to help fill out this class. His sister played volleyball at Auburn for a couple years as well. I cannot remember if she started or finished at AU.

A smart player who can read and react is faster than any athlete... always two steps ahead even if he runs a 4.9...polomalu only runs a 4.8..but hes such a smart player it makes up for it

I don't know wher eyou got your facts on Polomalu but that is in no way true. Troy was timed at his pro day running a 4.33 and was his official pre draft measure . Even if it was hand time, the drop wouldn't be less than a 4.5

Brandon Spikes and Roland McClain are the same way.

l watched the ALLSTAR game and he stood out to me throughout the game. Announcers said he had 27 tackles in one game last year, i know they were probably playing a nobody team when it happened but dang man 27 solos in one game come on. I say give him an offer, if you don't this kid will be playing for Troy or someone like that and getting drafted in four years.

l watched the ALLSTAR game and he stood out to me throughout the game. Announcers said he had 27 tackles in one game last year, i know they were probably playing a nobody team when it happened but dang man 27 solos in one game come on. I say give him an offer, if you don't this kid will be playing for Troy or someone like that and getting drafted in four years.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/418345/#athletics

looks like it was the first round of the play-offs against Auburn High his junior season.

Archived