How can Scout validate a 27th ranking for Auburn in recruiting?

minister of music

Especially with the other Services and their rankings. I realize it is all conjecture and opinion but 27th????????

The guy who covers Auburn for Scout seems to have an attitude about us for some reason. He asks questions in ways to encourage negative responses, and I'm sure doesn't defend our kids in star battles. He's been good in the past, but is getting beat up daily on the Scout board. Something changed.

... so why do you go there ?

Isn't that the lore of them other guys ? The we who's got 15 MNCs... they buy good press by frequenting those who post favorably, and not for those who won't.

I really don't (per say) go there....just noticed it tonight. kingb84------since when did respect have anything as to a value to a recruit who was not on your team yet???? I thought they were a big joke also to be 12 to 15 places off from other services.......

A few things that I have seen in the past:

Scout places an emphasis on the number of recruits as much as the quality, they usually do not rate Juco players that high, and they have serval of our highest rated players rated lower than other services.

In other words, who cares.

If you look at the average player rating it give a clearer picture anyway, IMO. We come in 15 then with only .27 average difference from the 10th place. And the 3 JUCOs are only ranked 2*s each.

Really hard to say before you see the whole class.

Funny, I seem to recall a similar thread. actually even more outrage, about 3 years ago about how could Scout (or maybe it was rivals) justify Giving Jake Holland Only three stars and Mosley 4 stars.

Scout has us at 26th so I don't know what the complaining is all about.

Plus you looking at this the wrong way, recruiting is like a NASCAR race and right now you complaning that AU is in the 26th place with 50 more laps to go.

Shake and Bake.

Scout has us at 26th so I don't know what the complaining is all about.

Plus you looking at this the wrong way, recruiting is like a NASCAR race and right now you complaning that AU is in the 26th place with 50 more laps to go.

Shake and Blake.

Just wait until El Diablo and The Magic Man commit!!

Especially with the other Services and their rankings. I realize it is all conjecture and opinion but 27th????????

The problem with Auburn on Scout is 50-150% of a player's points come from his position ranking. We will have a few Jucos so they only get Star points and not any position points.

Archived