2013 3* RB Shane Tucker (Middle Tennessee signee)

ellitor

I'll give it to the kid, he knows how to run North and South. Few HS backs demonstrate a willingness to move back of the middle if they have a chance to go outside. Impressive for a guy the coaches see playing Safety. No doubt he would lay the wood to someone. Great school also. Perennial powerhouse in the Memphis area, playing the South Panola type teams in the area. Hope he commits.

Not trying to downgrade Tucker, but does this mean that we may be missing on other targets?

See the last page of the Cunningham thread.

Not trying to downgrade Tucker, but does this mean that we may be missing on other targets?

At some point in recruiting you have to field a team and if a recruit doesn't want to come then you sign your class to get ready to play next year. WDE Can't play football with shoulda, woulda, or coulda.

Nothing against the young man, but we need to stay far away from the Memphis high schools.

No we shouldn't stay away from Memphis. Never duck and run for cover. Keep things above board and keep recruiting. Now Tennessee, Ole Miss, MSU and Ark would like for us to do so.

Nothing against the young man, but we need to stay far away from the Memphis high schools.

That's an ignorant statement.. that's like saying we should stay away from Atlanta or birmingham....hmm dallas and Houston both have bad reps lets stay away from there too....not every kid has the privilege of growing up in the burbs

What is it about Tucker that indictes he is a safety prospect? Everything written about him is purely running back related.

Only the coaches know.

Good runner.....In the only defensive play I saw, he made an interception as a saftey.

Be glad to have him on defense also. :wareagle:

Interception??? :dunno: What's an interception? :dunno: I don't remember that from last year....lol

At some point in recruiting you have to field a team and if a recruit doesn't want to come then you sign your class to get ready to play next year. WDE Can't play football with shoulda, woulda, or coulda.

How true. Time for some of these guys to commit one way or another. But you know that some of these guys just cannot resist doing the NSD hat dance.

That's an ignorant statement.. that's like saying we should stay away from Atlanta or birmingham....hmm dallas and Houston both have bad reps lets stay away from there too....not every kid has the privilege of growing up in the burbs

Can't believe I'm sticking up for a4e but I believe he means with the citys history of recruiting issues i.e. Albert Means, Jovon Robinson etc., not because it's a "rough city". But either way it's still an ignorant comment.

Can't believe I'm sticking up for a4e but I believe he means with the citys history of recruiting issues i.e. Albert Means, Jovon Robinson etc., not because it's a "rough city". But either way it's still an ignorant comment.

Agree.Im pretty sure he was talking about NCAA issues around some players in the past that are from there.There are two many good players in that area to just give up the whole city.

Agree.Im pretty sure he was talking about NCAA issues around some players in the past that are from there.There are two many good players in that area to just give up the whole city.

Memphis is an incredible hotbed of high school football & basketball talent and although a sweeping condemnation or moratorium on Memphis is silly, it's naive to deny that Memphis, South Florida and a couple other venues historically have more than their share of recruiting issues. There's an undeniable cringe factor to recruiting Memphis, especially since it's been less than a year since we got burned by the Memphis school district sweeping under the rug their Jovon Robinson grade misrepresentations for the apparently bizarre reasoning that the counselor making fradulent grade entries had....retired?!?

Archived