2013 3* OLB Ro'Derrick Hoskins

ShugMan55

Hoskins is from Orlando and goes to high school with recent AU commit Dominic Walker. Hoskins is an FSU commit.

http://www.orlandose...,0,1764679.post

Hoskins National team and Orland Evans teammate WR Dominic Walker scored a 65-yard touchdown in the first half shortly after announcing his commitment to Nebraska, as the pair made a nice Orlando representation at the Houston event. The National squad won 20-9.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/os-hs-all-central-florida-defensive-caps-20130112,0,2731223.story

LB Ro'Derrick Hoskins

Evans, 6-4, 220, Sr.

The Buzz: Agile, hostile and mobile linebacker used athleticism to play tight end for Trojans (9-3).

College plan: Committed to FSU.

Any real chance we flip him?

No direct info. With DC having been at FSU and getting Walker to change from Neb to AU are the biggest things I see. The Ro'derrick/Walker high school connection. There is interest on our part for another linebacker it appears. So with DC working Fla and with his visit at AU this weekend there could be magic.

He does not seem to have alot of offers for a 3/4 star guy. After the last couple of years I say get as many LB as we can and sort it out later. Same feeling at cornerback - keeping my fingers crossed for Alexander.

He does not seem to have alot of offers for a 3/4 star guy. After the last couple of years I say get as many LB as we can and sort it out later. Same feeling at cornerback - keeping my fingers crossed for Alexander.

if a player commits early and is adamantly solid about his commitment a lot of colleges may not waste their time offering. Just a thought

if a player commits early and is adamantly solid about his commitment a lot of colleges may not waste their time offering. Just a thought

^^^^^^ Your right. He committed to FSU on a jr day visit to FSU. Not sure about any forearm tat's.

^^^^^^ Your right. He committed to FSU on a jr day visit to FSU. Not sure about any forearm tat's.

Nick Marshall will tell you those tats don't matter haha

Any response as to how his visit was this last weekend?

Did he even visit Auburn? We need another LB or two in this class in the worst way!

Did he even visit Auburn? We need another LB or two in this class in the worst way!

We will have a good linebacker in this class.....and we will have some very good defensive lineman that will make their job easier. He may not of visited, but was wondering.

We will have a good linebacker in this class.....and we will have some very good defensive lineman that will make their job easier. He may not of visited, but was wondering.

We will have a good LB. Maybe two. We needed four. In 2010 we signed the top LB class in the nation. Of those four only Holland is left. It takes a bunch of 'em.

Miss Chris Farley!!! Gave us "husky" boys someone we could emulate. He was the best physical comedian to come up through SNL since the days of John Belushi and Chevy Chase. No one fell down better.

we ... need ... line ... backers ...

clap ... clap ... clap, clap, clap!

Glad to see you back today....thought you might of went off of a cliff......Still recruiting

Matt Foley is working on it.

http://youtu.be/XaoM0FyLmGY

Off a cliff???

It was a joke... you know the physical foster cliff

Coaching. For all we know, Holland might surprise us. For all we know, 30 and 17 might just be holy terrors next year.

Playing LB is so much about seeing, anticipating, and getting there. If you're thinking and confused, you'll react slowly. Also, if the OL can get to you unimpeded, you have a problem. People can talk about Holland being slow, etc., and I see why. But you never know how much of that is system and coaching and how much is the kid.

Clearly a position that calls for more depth.

Coaching. For all we know, Holland might surprise us. For all we know, 30 and 17 might just be holy terrors next year.

Playing LB is so much about seeing, anticipating, and getting there. If you're thinking and confused, you'll react slowly. Also, if the OL can get to you unimpeded, you have a problem. People can talk about Holland being slow, etc., and I see why. But you never know how much of that is system and coaching and how much is the kid.

Honesty if Jh wraps up on all of his hits he'd have 200 tackles. He's in position a lot to make a play

Tackling has a lot to do with confidence and knowing what you're doing. When you're confused, you don't tackle well. I'm just guessing here, but I suspect Holland never got to the point where he really saw what was going on.

Tackling has a lot to do with confidence and knowing what you're doing. When you're confused, you don't tackle well. I'm just guessing here, but I suspect Holland never got to the point where he really saw what was going on.

That is why he desperately needed a hair cut

I watched a little of Holland's film from high school and unfortunately I don't think he is going to surprise anyone. He always struck me as a guy was strong enough to be a brick wall, but wasn't particularly fast or aggressive. He tended to move to where the runner was headed and wait for him. Maybe a different style of defense will play to his strengths, but I wouldn't expect him to become a living torpedo.

Archived