Jovon Robinson

AUFan21

If he could get admitted to Auburn, I wonder if he could walk on and maybe earn a scholarship?

No. Auburn has had to part ways with him and he needs to accept that he has to part ways with Auburn. If he wants to come here as a student and pay his own way, fine. He can't be on the football team.

Bryan Matthews of 247 sports: "It's not in the cards for Jovon to ever play football at Auburn."

Jason Caldwell from Inside the Auburn tigers: "We'll never see him in an Auburn uniform."

A private source to me: "Unfortunately, he simply can't be on an Auburn team, ever."

It's time for everybody to move on.

Mikey - You have to be the most anti-Jovon person on this site. Whenever a comment is made, you always chime in that "he'll never play for AU....move on...blah blah blah." I'm a Jovon supporter and I like the young man and would love to see him on the plains. It may never happen, but I will support it 100% if it does.

"A private source?' :dunno: You must be really important to have a private source. :moon: I only get private sources when I'm drinking.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he could get admitted to Auburn, I wonder if he could walk on and maybe earn a scholarship?

No. Auburn has had to part ways with him and he needs to accept that he has to part ways with Auburn. If he wants to come here as a student and pay his own way, fine. He can't be on the football team.

Bryan Matthews of 247 sports: "It's not in the cards for Jovon to ever play football at Auburn."

Jason Caldwell from Inside the Auburn tigers: "We'll never see him in an Auburn uniform."

A private source to me: "Unfortunately, he simply can't be on an Auburn team, ever."

It's time for everybody to move on.

Mikey - You have to be the most anti-Jovon person on this site. Whenever a comment is made, you always chime in that "he'll never play for AU....move on...blah blah blah." I'm a Jovon supporter and I like the young man and would love to see him on the plains. It may never happen, but I will support it 100% if it does.

"A private source?' :dunno:/> You must be really important to have a private source. :moon:/> I only get private sources when I'm drinking.

What makes you think I'm anti-Jovon? I certainly am not. All I'm saying is that the information I got from a private source is the same thing Brian Matthews and Jason Caldwell have said publicly. That is that Jovon won't ever play football for Auburn. Are Matthews and Caldwell also "anti-Jovon"?

I think you don't like the message so you are attacking the messengers.

If possible I would like to know exactly why people believe that he will never play football for Auburn. If he wants to play for Auburn as much as he says he does it seems to me that this is exaclty who we would want on our team and would be doing everything in our power to get him there. Please explain if possible. Thank you.

If possible I would like to know exactly why people believe that he will never play football for Auburn. If he wants to play for Auburn as much as he says he does it seems to me that this is exaclty who we would want on our team and would be doing everything in our power to get him there. Please explain if possible. Thank you.

I highly doubt you'll get a clear answer on the reason. Folks (Brian Mathews/Phillip Marshall/Jason Caldwell) will continue to speak in cryptic language. We peons may not want to know the actual reason why the poor kid is being shunned by AU.

I highly doubt you'll get a clear answer on the reason. Folks (Brian Mathews/Phillip Marshall/Jason Caldwell) will continue to speak in cryptic language. We peons may not want to know the actual reason why the poor kid is being shunned by AU.

To me the real question is: why would AU put it's neck out for Jovon? I'm with Mikey on this one. It makes absolutely no sense for AU to invite further scrutiny into his recruitment....and it's not like Jovon does not have hundreds of options available to him.

Fans of Jovon need to accept that it is not personal......and JR needs to accept reality. All he has to do is make a couple phone calls...and presto, he would have a scholly at UT or Arky or about any school in the Big XII since they got mostly shut out in the recruiting wars yesterday.

To me the real question is: why would AU put it's neck out for Jovon? I'm with Mikey on this one. It makes absolutely no sense for AU to invite further scrutiny into his recruitment....and it's not like Jovon does not have hundreds of options available to him.

Fans of Jovon need to accept that it is not personal......and JR needs to accept reality. All he has to do is make a couple phone calls...and presto, he would have a scholly at UT or Arky or about any school in the Big XII since they got mostly shut out in the recruiting wars yesterday.

Since nobody wants to lay the cards on the table, maybe somebody can tell us specifically why JR would be "shunned by AU" ? Did JR do anything to warrant that ? Those supposedly in the know seem to only want to talk in riddles.

Let me also turn your question around. In light of the Memphis School Board ruling, if the kid did nothing wrong, why should Auburn not want JR on the team ? I think a lot of us would really like to know the answers to those 3 questions from you, Mikey or anybody.

Exactly. ..its like punishing a kid bc his parents commited a crime...I don't believe he asked for a grade change or even knew about it.... if he get the grades needed to attend auburn then we should welcome him here

Since nobody wants to lay the cards on the table, maybe somebody can tell us specifically why JR would be "shunned by AU" ? Did he do anything to warrant that ? Those supposedly in the know seem to want to talk in riddles. Let me also turn your question around. If the kid did nothing wrong, why should Auburn not want JR on the team ? I think a lot of us would really like to know the answers to those questions from you, Mikey or anybody.

I don't think AU is "shunning" Jovon as much as it is AU covering AU's bases in terms of how all of the grade stuff went down. I don't believe AU thinks Jovon did anything wrong at all, and I don't think it is a case of AU not wanting Jovon. I think it is a case of AU not being in a position to take him back.

Since nobody wants to lay the cards on the table, maybe somebody can tell us specifically why JR would be "shunned by AU" ? Did he do anything to warrant that ? Those supposedly in the know seem to want to talk in riddles. Let me also turn your question around. If the kid did nothing wrong, why should Auburn not want JR on the team ? I think a lot of us would really like to know the answers to those questions from you, Mikey or anybody.

Who was the lead recruiter for JR last year?

I don't think AU is "shunning" Jovon as much as it is AU covering AU's bases in terms of how all of the grade stuff went down. I don't believe AU thinks Jovon did anything wrong at all, and I don't think it is a case of AU not wanting Jovon. I think it is a case of AU not being in a position to take him back.

Is it the "better safe than sorry" approach?

I believe we have the best compliance staff in the country, and if they feel it's best to move on down the road with this kid, then so be it.....

He has great talent and potential to be a top shelf college player. Like someone posted above, there are tons of other programs that should be literally chomping at the bit to get this stud in their stables. Good luck to him, I look forward to watching him play ball.

My guess is yes and it has nothing to do with anything Jovon did.

wde

It is too bad and I think JR and AU got got caught between the switches.

Read between the lines even if you do not believe he or AU did any wrong or like the 4 letter name not written.

While I think the story was made up out of whole cloth ,

JR and AU just need to take it as it is and regardless of the real deal, soldier on seperately.

The best I can recall it was either Thig or Troop but can you give me some answers to my questions ?

wde

Hey it's Memphis....and the school board giving itself a clean report....How much is that really worth?

And as for knowing all the details, I don't know why football fans think they have some "right" to know all the details. Suffice it to say that the people who do know all the details think that this course of action is in the best interest of Auburn. So, I'm amazed that anyone with AU's best interests at heart ...and who really considered the "risk versus reward"... would ever want to climb out on that limb.

The best I can recall it was either Thig or Troop but can you give me some answers to my questions ?

There are no answers to your questions - dey likes us chickens to stay in the dark doood. We like puppets on a effing string..................

There are no answers to your questions - dey likes us chickens to stay in the dark doood. We like puppets on a effing string..................

LOL, well at least that is an honest answer, haha.

wde

Hey it's Memphis....and the school board giving itself a clean report....How much is that really worth?

And as for knowing all the details, I don't know why football fans think they have some "right" to know all the details. Suffice it to say that the people who do know all the details think that this course of action is in the best interest of Auburn. So, I'm amazed that anyone with AU's best interests at heart ...and who really considered the "risk versus reward"... would ever want to climb out on that limb.

I don't think it's as much that (people thinking they have a right to the details) as much as it is not wanting to accept speculation in this case. I don't recall any AU official stating that the door was closed, it's possible I just don't remember it because I am old err seasoned, but I don't. Personally, my interest is two fold. One, I like the kid and he is a darn good and big RB. Secondly and this is even more important, I don't want any outside influence to dictate what Auburn should and should not do. If we and JR did nothing wrong, in my mind it sets a terrible precedence to let that happen.

What is to stop those forces from making accusations again and again about the next player and the next ? Nothing. We took a stand in another situation not long ago and decided we would stand for what is right instead of being intimidated. I was proud of that stance. Now this case may be entirely different, I don't know, but unless the PTB tells us it is different I would expect us to handle this situation similar to the other. Anyway, that is my perspective on all this.

:)

wde

I don't think it's as much that (people thinking they have a right to the details) as much as it is not wanting to accept speculation in this case. I don't recall any AU official stating that the door was closed, it's possible I just don't remember it because I am old err seasoned, but I don't. Personally, my interest is two fold. One, I like the kid and he is a darn good and big RB. Secondly and this is even more important, I don't want any outside influence to dictate what Auburn should and should not do. If we and JR did nothing wrong, in my mind it sets a terrible precedence to let that happen.

What is to stop those forces from making accusations again and again about the next player and the next ? Nothing. We took a stand in another situation not long ago and decided we would stand for what is right instead of being intimidated. I was proud of that stance. Now this case may be entirely different, I don't know, but unless the PTB tells us it is different I would expect us to handle this situation similar to the other. Anyway, that is my perspective on all this. :)

I don't think Jovon did anything wrong, but I don't think AU is letting outside parties influence AU's decision not to pursue Jovon. I think AU has made a decision that it would be best for AU to let this go. As to your statement that I put in bold above, I don't believe AU thinks Jovon did anything wrong.......

wde

He's not lying...here's the link: http://peoplefinder....inder/index.php

So is Ezekiel Price Pike (Zeke), so the directory is not looking very current.

Can one of y'all look to see if I'm in the directory...its spelled W-A-R-B-I-R-D-8-2...THANKS!

Maybe javon or his family asked for the grade change. The counselor said someone did. I have no idea. And i dont know if the ones who are claiming to have info that he is out permanently are just speculating. I would think if he was not welcome or eligible at auburn then auburn would inform him of this.

Maybe javon or his family asked for the grade change. The counselor said someone did. I have no idea. And i dont know if the ones who are claiming to have info that he is out permanently are just speculating. I would think if he was not welcome or eligible at auburn then auburn would inform him of this.

I agree...if AU wants to part ways, then tell JR straight up...then tell us!

I wish him the very best. I hope he ends up at Auburn. Some, who know the inner workings a lot more than I do, have said it will not happen.

Best of luck Jovon!!

I suspect those that know the inner workings are finding out the inner workings are changing. I also suspect that the facts uncovered by the NCAA in this investigation will determine if Robinson can attend Auburn or not. If the NCAA is OK with it, then it is unlikely Auburn would have a problem with it either. In cases like this it is normal for the NCAA to forbid an athlete from attending the original school of choice if that school or a representative was complicit in the circumstances surrounding the original problem. While it might have been an honest mistake, there was an Auburn graduate mentioned during this investigation. Time will tell if the NCAA allows Robinson to continue contact with Auburn or requires him to move on to another choice.

Archived