Spring Practice starts March 27...are you ready?

AuburnWarVet

I'm definitely ready for spring practice to start and the good reports to flow. BTW, I'd put the chance of the starting QB being named after spring practice at 5%.

I'm definitely ready for spring practice to start and the good reports to flow. BTW, I'd put the chance of the starting QB being named after spring practice at 5%.

Yep.

The starting QB will be named sometime during summer/fall camp. No way a true starting QB will be named after spring since the best QB's available will not be practicing during spring.

wde

Any reason for AU to start spring practice in March end and not early March?

Spring Schedule for SEC Schools

Below is a list of the spring practice start dates and spring game dates for all 14 SEC schools. It's possible that some of the start dates could change.

School Practice starts Spring game

Alabama March 21 April 20

Arkansas March 10 April 20

Auburn March 27 April 20

Florida March 13 April 6

Georgia March 2 April 6

Kentucky TBD April 13

LSU March 14 April 20

Mississippi State March 21 April 20

Missouri March 12 April 20

Ole Miss March 6 April 13

South Carolina March 5 April 13

Tennessee March 9 April 20

Texas A&M March 2 April 13

Vanderbilt March 15 April 13

Link

Below is a list of the spring practice start dates and spring game dates for all 14 SEC schools. It's possible that some of the start dates could change.

Auburn March 27 April 20

Florida March 13 April 6

Georgia March 2 April 6

Kentucky TBD April 13

LSU March 14 April 20

Link

Maybe our spring practice will officially end at a later date.

Responding to the OP question....could be the coaches want to re-group a little after going all out for 6 to 8 weeks trying to put together this recruiting class. Who could blame them if that was the reason? They also may want to have time to review film and determine what this teams weaknesses and strengths are for the immediate future. Other than that, its obviouisly what Gus wants to do and its his call to make. I dont see the problem. All teams get the same number of practices regardless when they start them or end them.

Yawns.....I get the importance of spring football I guess. I dont get why they dont just cut it out and add two more weeks in August but I will be watching the first round of the NCAA tournament (best event in all of sports) then and watching AU-UA Baseball. Who can tell much from spring practice honestly. They dont show anything.

Memo to Malzahn give us a real game at A-day not the crap Chizik ran. 3 points for an interception nonsense.

Most people are going because of Toomer's trees give us a real game and dont run vanilla offense and defenses.

Yawns.....I get the importance of spring football I guess. I dont get why they dont just cut it out and add two more weeks in August but I will be watching the first round of the NCAA tournament (best event in all of sports) then and watching AU-UA Baseball. Who can tell much from spring practice honestly. They dont show anything.

Memo to Malzahn give us a real game at A-day not the crap Chizik ran. 3 points for an interception nonsense.

Most people are going because of Toomer's trees give us a real game and dont run vanilla offense and defenses.

For reasons you just alluded to...Ive gone to 2 spring scrimmages...the 1st and the last were the same one back in the late 80s. Good Lord it was boring and I swore i would never go back but I think I am going for the final Toomer's Corner thing this year.

Should be a VERY interesting QB battle. Geez, when's the last time we had a settled QB situation going into Spring or even the season? (and no, Cam was not recognized and Mr. Heisman when he first came in).

Auburn March 27 April 20

Florida March 13 April 6

Georgia March 2 April 6

Kentucky TBD April 13

LSU March 14 April 20

Link

Maybe our spring practice will officially end at a later date.

We finish on or about 4/20, maybe 1 practice day after A Day. But, it doesn't matter when you start, all the teams are allowed the same number of practices. Gus is just concentrating those practices in a shorter time span than the others. There could be several reasons. One reason could be that he wants the team to be more focused on football and his plans for the team. An additional reason could be that he wants the majority of March dedicated to strength and conditioning training with no other distractions.

I doubt it'll ever happen, but id love to hear CGM's opinion on what happened last year after reviewing all the games. I really hope he does watch em all, with a thick notebook and several bic's. Seems like not doing so would be heading in blind, i was just hoping we might get a few thoughts. What happened? How will we correct this to avoid a repeat?

Responding to the OP question....could be the coaches want to re-group a little after going all out for 6 to 8 weeks trying to put together this recruiting class. Who could blame them if that was the reason? They also may want to have time to review film and determine what this teams weaknesses and strengths are for the immediate future. Other than that, its obviouisly what Gus wants to do and its his call to make. I dont see the problem. All teams get the same number of practices regardless when they start them or end them.

Well thinking about how Gus seems to operate he might not...he seems hell bent on jumping right in and going now.

Archived