Frankie to see less playing time?

AU64

I agree with y'all that Chubb is better now; however, we might as well go ahead and get more experience for next years team. ADT needs to get a LOT stronger and learn to go up a lot strong. He will get rejected even though he is 7 feet tall because he doesn't go up strong or use his body to his advantage.

But getting bad experience isn't helpful. It would be better for the young guys to not have a significant role in these losses so their confidence doesn't take a hit.

I agree with y'all that Chubb is better now; however, we might as well go ahead and get more experience for next years team. ADT needs to get a LOT stronger and learn to go up a lot strong. He will get rejected even though he is 7 feet tall because he doesn't go up strong or use his body to his advantage.

But getting bad experience isn't helpful. It would be better for the young guys to not have a significant role in these losses so their confidence doesn't take a hit.

Plus, Barbee is bringing Frankie off the bench to try to improve the overall offense and put them in a position to win more games. I think bringing Chubb off the bench does the opposite. He is solid on the offensive side and a good rebounder. Less playing time for him would hurt more than help the team.

Guess we will know the plan in a few hours.. Hope the students turn out in mass and give the Pigs a hard time....like the Bama and Ole Miss games. We need to make the Arena a true "home court advantage" again like in the old days when I was in school and nobody like to play in the old quonset hut where students almost had their feet on the court and the place was deafening. .

Just get the basketball season over so baseball season can get over................. :hellyeah::dunno::bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: Lose Barbee please.

Just get the basketball season over so baseball season can get over................. :hellyeah::dunno::bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: Lose Barbee please.

Not sure what you were trying to say there..Can anybody translate? The baseball team is probably going to be just as bad as the basketball team..

I don't like a coach singling a player out in public. I didn't like it when Chizik did it with Blake and I don't like it when Barbee does it with Sullivan. So now we have also lost the Arky game too but the coach got his way and played Frankie less. At least Barbee has that. :whistle:

I don't like a coach singling a player out in public. I didn't like it when Chizik did it with Blake and I don't like it when Barbee does it with Sullivan. So now we have also lost the Arky game too but the coach got his way and played Frankie less. At least Barbee has that. :whistle:

Actually it was Chubb that Barbee ripped in the press conference after the Arky game.

It's rare to single out a football player (other than a QB) for criticism. because of the number of plays and players and most people can't tell when a player makes a mistake, misses a block, pulls the wrong way, etc. But basketball is an open game and fans can see what every player does so it is usually not a mystery when one of the players is having a bad night (2/8 FG and 5 TOs). The entire world knows the guy had a bad night.

I appreciate your desire to keep positive....but what are we looking for from the coach? ..."we had a good week of practice"....or recognition of the obvious from the game results which was, that a key player was not "in the game" and that the team can't win if that starter is playing poorly. That's doubly true when the two guys who are supposed to be leading the team are having bad games or making mistakes when the game is on the line.

As for FS, start or not, he still played the most minutes (31) but committed 5 turnovers in that time whereas walk-on Wallace played only a few minutes less with no turnovers.

The leaders need to lead....but mostly it's not happening.

Actually it was Chubb that Barbee ripped in the press conference after the Arky game.

It's rare to single out a football player (other than a QB) for criticism. because of the number of plays and players and most people can't tell when a player makes a mistake, misses a block, pulls the wrong way, etc. But basketball is an open game and fans can see what every player does so it is usually not a mystery when one of the players is having a bad night (2/8 FG and 5 TOs). The entire world knows the guy had a bad night.

I appreciate your desire to keep positive....but what are we looking for from the coach? ..."we had a good week of practice"....or recognition of the obvious from the game results which was, that a key player was not "in the game" and that the team can't win if that starter is playing poorly. That's doubly true when the two guys who are supposed to be leading the team are having bad games or making mistakes when the game is on the line.

As for FS, start or not, he still played the most minutes (31) but committed 5 turnovers in that time whereas walk-on Wallace played only a few minutes less with no turnovers.

The leaders need to lead....but mostly it's not happening.

Yes I know, Barbee ripped Chubb after the Arky game and that is yet another example. I was referring to Barbee singling out Sullivan after the Kentucky game and during the week leading up to the Arky game. Maybe when he gets thru ripping all the players he can do some coaching. Then again, we only have 7 games left in the reg season so he still has enough players left to hide behind. There is a difference between a head coach pointing his finger at an individual player vs challenging his team to improve and do better.

When a head coach calls out players in public by name, it is nothing more than an attempt to deflect the attention away from his own coaching. A player pointing his finger at another player is bad enough but when a head coach does it, it's even worse. It is not only bad for team morale on many levels, but it is nothing more than a cya excuse. I've never liked it and I never will because of what is really going on.

Archived