FIRED UP U C

Scooter1978

Frankie Sullivan has givin his heart and soul to the Auburn Basketball team before Barbee came to Auburn . He is in the top ten in scoring at Auburn. Barbee is in his 3rd losing season and someone gives him a tongue lashing. I believe when ur best player is struggling you should stand beside him not behind him and kick him from behind. Ole Miss game we were up 11 to 0 Barbee takes all the starters out a put five new players in,cmon man, one year i want us just to make it to the NCAA tourn there is no reason we should not. If someone knows why we should not please tell me.

I agree. We were in the Arkansas game before he tried to make some kind of statement by benching Frankie. I know that there is a lot that we don't see. However, I have never seen an Auburn basketball player give more effort in more trying times for longer periods of time than Frankie Sullivan. I just can't see how sitting a guy like him helps the team.

I agree. We were in the Arkansas game before he tried to make some kind of statement by benching Frankie. I know that there is a lot that we don't see. However, I have never seen an Auburn basketball player give more effort in more trying times for longer periods of time than Frankie Sullivan. I just can't see how sitting a guy like him helps the team.

100% agree! :thumbsup:/>

Frankie Sullivan has givin his heart and soul to the Auburn Basketball team before Barbee came to Auburn . He is in the top ten in scoring at Auburn. Barbee is in his 3rd losing season and someone gives him a tongue lashing. I believe when ur best player is struggling you should stand beside him not behind him and kick him from behind. Ole Miss game we were up 11 to 0 Barbee takes all the starters out a put five new players in,cmon man, one year i want us just to make it to the NCAA tourn there is no reason we should not. If someone knows why we should not please tell me.

Frankie has been struggling, so Barbee has been doing different things to try and get Frankie out of his slump. I don't see what is so wrong about that. Frankie has made several Freshmen mistakes the last few games. He has been hurting the team. Yes, Frankie has given his heart and soul to the program, but at this level, it isn't about being nice. You have to stick the best 5 players on the court. I see where you are coming from and yes there have been some questionable coaching , but to say that Barbee hasn't "stood beside him" and "kicked him from behind" is completely ignorant on your part. You have no clue what type of relationship Barbee and Frankie have. I guarantee you one thing, Barbee knows Frankie a lot better than you do and has a lot better feel about whats best for the team and Frankie.

Did you watch the Arkansas game? Frankie had 5 TO's in limited minutes to 1 assist. He was playing terrible.

Yes. I watched the Arkansas game. When Frankie was benched in the second half, Arkansas won the game. His stats were not good. However, we play better with him on the court.

Yes. I watched the Arkansas game. When Frankie was benched in the second half, Arkansas won the game. His stats were not good. However, we play better with him on the court.

Generally, I'd agree with that statement; however, we haven't with him on the court as of late. In the second half, I bet 4 of his 5 turnovers were in the second half. He kept driving to the basket and just fumbling or throwing it away.

The situation is pretty clear for FS....37% FG and more turnovers than assists. That just won't do. Everyone would love to see him playing better but if he can't get it done, TB has to try elsewhere to find some points. One of those facts of life.

This criticism of FS is exactly why a head coach should not call a player out by name. Call the team out fine, do what you want to do behind closed doors fine, bench a player fine, but don't run your mouth about it and point your finger at individual players in public in an attempt to deflect from your own failings as a coach.

Frankie has been hurting the team, the last few weeks. He hasn't been shooting well at all. Now, if you don't shoot well, there are ways you can still help the team... You can play good D, or make things happen on the offensive end - by controlling the game and creating assist opportunities. Frankie has been playing like a freshman. He is letting his poor shooting effect the rest of his game. He deserves to be called out, and he deserves to see his minutes cut. That's our problem... we have NO senior leadership!

I dont think Frankie should get off the bench. Barbee should quit talking bad about them and then playing them. If he wants to make a statement dont let him play a minute. I would say the same for Chubb, but I actually think Chubb is giving it his all. Hes just not very good, well...he is bad. But he is bad giving 100% most of the time. The season is a dumpster fire as is the program. Now is the time to make a statement, when there is nothing on the line.

Archived