Derrick Griffin and Toby Johnson

auburn4ever

In the long run, they both will regret not signing with Auburn. Enjoy sitting in your homes and watching the Auburn Tigers start winning more SEC Chamionships and National Championships.

I seems like most of those in the know had some very bad intel. Watching GA jump on one and Miami pick up two with probation pending is like WOW ! Gus & company did a good job given the mess they were left with, but the expectations for landing at least one of these guys was built up so big this is deflating. Congrats to Miami for doing a nice job to reel in two potential stars and GA for pulling in one themselves. Time to move on..

War Eagle !

I seems like most of those in the know had some very bad intel. Watching GA jump on one and Miami pick up two with probation pending is like WOW ! Gus & company did a good job given the mess they were left with, but the expectations for landing at least one of these guys was built up so big this is deflating. Congrats to Miami for doing a nice job to reel in two potential stars and GA for pulling in one themselves. Time to move on..

War Eagle !

There were no real expectations on landing any of them. Auburn never led for Elder. Griffin is still a very long shot at getting in at Miami and Toby is not a given he will get in UGA either.

Good luck to the players.

BUT...I do find it so funny how only yesterday puppy fans were saying only Auburn or Miss would take a non-qualifier like Toby.

Good luck to the players.

BUT...I do find it so funny how only yesterday puppy fans were saying only Auburn or Miss would take a non-qualifier like Toby.

It was said up through the 1 PM hour today.

I certainly don't want to slam the kid or come off like a bammer (we didn't want him anyway), but I feel like Johnson would have been more of an "icing on the cake" guy than a real need at this point. He seems to have grade concerns and he is trying to rehab a pretty severe knee injury. My point is, it doesn't seem that he would have done us much good this fall anyway, and you recruit JCs for immediate help. I think we will be better off in the long run by saving the scholly and going after an elite HS DT next year.

War Eagle !

There were no real expectations on landing any of them. Auburn never led for Elder. Griffin is still a very long shot at getting in at Miami and Toby is not a given he will get in UGA either.

Well I know Barton Simmons had us leading for Corn at least following his visit. Had some inside "Family Info" is I believe how it was put. He is too small (I know how many folks just rolled their eyes) and will do better in the ACC. DG is the only one I was really pulling for. Hmmph! :-\

The Parole U gets another goodun. I just don't see how they keep ..................................uhhhhhh, nevermind.

The U was charged with lack of institutional control today:

http://msn.foxsports...-by-ncaa-021913

Don't they allow recruits to change their decisions when this happens?

Yeah but I bet they let them skate with already "Self-Imposed" penalties. Donna Shalala? Didn't she used to tote Bill Clinton's water during his many "I didn't do that.." episodes.

I certainly don't want to slam the kid or come off like a bammer (we didn't want him anyway), but I feel like Johnson would have been more of an "icing on the cake" guy than a real need at this point. He seems to have grade concerns and he is trying to rehab a pretty severe knee injury. My point is, it doesn't seem that he would have done us much good this fall anyway, and you recruit JCs for immediate help. I think we will be better off in the long run by saving the scholly and going after an elite HS DT next year.

^^^This. I was thinking the same thing and didn't want to come across like a hater. He sounded like good athlete that probably could have contributed something, but I never really saw the intent in signing a JUCO guy with a bum knee. You just don't have the time that you would with a freshman. I look at it as more of "an icing on the cake" kind of deal too. Getting him would have been great, but I dont think losing him effects this D-Line that much, especially in the near future.

Both supposedly will have to trouble qualifying so we might not of lost out on that much. Also i just want to point out yall are the biggest group of haters I have ever incountered. "Oh they didn't sign with us? Their careers are over and they will surely regret this for the rest of their lives." Ya because our past 4 classes have turned out great!

Both supposedly will have to trouble qualifying so we might not of lost out on that much. Also i just want to point out yall are the biggest group of haters I have ever incountered. "Oh they didn't sign with us? Their careers are over and they will surely regret this for the rest of their lives." Ya because our past 4 classes have turned out great!

Coming in as a newb and alienating members is not a good idea...Just sayin.

At the same time, you have to cut a newb a little slack on an a4e post... he doesn't know not to take them seriously.

^^^This. I was thinking the same thing and didn't want to come across like a hater. He sounded like good athlete that probably could have contributed something, but I never really saw the intent in signing a JUCO guy with a bum knee. You just don't have the time that you would with a freshman. I look at it as more of "an icing on the cake" kind of deal too. Getting him would have been great, but I dont think losing him effects this D-Line that much, especially in the near future.

At the same time it would have been fun to see what CGM could have done with a 6'6"-6'7" WR!! :-\

At the same time it would have been fun to see what CGM could have done with a 6'6"-6'7" WR!! :-\

Totally agree on Griffin. Really hate we missed out on him. Wish them both the best though.

Totally agree on Griffin. Really hate we missed out on him. Wish them both the best though.

When they aren't playing us of course.

LMAO, people are so serious on here! Ellitor, I love your info and I even follow you on twitter, so this is not any type of attack on you at all -- I appreciate all you do for the board and the information you pass on to us who are not in the know.. But um so what happens if one is to 'alienate' others on a MESSAGE BOARD? He will continue to visit the site. Sure VT shouldn't have grouped everyone together by quoting the OP and saying we all have that attitude, but I mean VT does have a point -- what the OP said is a super sore loser/sour grapes/little punk type of comment to make.

"In the long run, they both will regret not signing with Auburn. Enjoy sitting in your homes and watching the Auburn Tigers start winning more SEC Chamionships and National Championships. "

Pretty childish post, and nothing indicates or guarantees that your prediction will even happen. Sour grapes?

Archived