men vs. uat Game Thread

WarTiger

Firing Cliff Ellis is turning out to be similar to Tennessee firing Phil Fulmer.

Cliff got us in trouble with the NCAA ....he had to go....but in basic theory, you are correct. Lots of schools shoot themselves in the knee or higher by firing a good coach ...as they search for a perfect coach.

He got us to the tournament. Who cares about the NCAA when you haven't seen the post season in 10 seasons. Having a program that doesn't reach the post season shouldn't care about probation or the minor infractions that Cliff Ellis' program may have gotten Auburn involved with. It's not as if Cliff Ellis was getting Auburn basketball the death penalty, which essentially it has had for the past 10 seasons. Minor infractions are worth getting to the postseason. Otherwise all we are going to hear is how we need to fire coach XX and need a new colesium (glad I don't have to hear that one anymore from those who said Lebo just couldn't recruit or get fans to come to Beard Eaves) and fire the AD and that basketball will always be a bottom dweller. I'll take whatever it takes to get Auburn to compete and into the NCAA tournament. I'm sure I'll get backlash for that as "Auburn doesn't need to break the rules" - well 10 years of failure would disagree with that argument.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived