men vs. uat Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barbee has to go..There is no hope for this team. I have never seen a team this bad in all my 45 years of watching college basketball.

It's not from a lack of coaching. I'm reminded of a quote from Angels in the Outfield when watching this team..."There's a thing called talent, they don't have it". That quote sums this team up to a T. They play hard, they just can't make shots. They get open looks, they can't make shots. They get fast breaks, they can't make shots. They can't score in transition, in the post or anywhere else. It's not all on Barbee.

If you are looking at this team with Sullivan, Shaq Johnson, Denson, Price, Wallace, Noel Johnson and say there is no talent, I seriously question your basketball knowledge. This team is loaded with talent, they just haven't been able to come together this year. I firmly believe if those young players stay in the program for 3-4 years, we will see a very different result in future games.

Barbee has to go..There is no hope for this team. I have never seen a team this bad in all my 45 years of watching college basketball.

It's not from a lack of coaching. I'm reminded of a quote from Angels in the Outfield when watching this team..."There's a thing called talent, they don't have it". That quote sums this team up to a T. They play hard, they just can't make shots. They get open looks, they can't make shots. They get fast breaks, they can't make shots. They can't score in transition, in the post or anywhere else. It's not all on Barbee.

If you are looking at this team with Sullivan, Shaq Johnson, Denson, Price, Wallace, Noel Johnson and say there is no talent, I seriously question your basketball knowledge. This team is loaded with talent, they just haven't been able to come together this year. I firmly believe if those young players stay in the program for 3-4 years, we will see a very different result in future games.

I agree they have the potential to be good in a year or two, but right now can you honestly say they would start from any team in the upper half of the league? They don't even all start for us lol.

Not that uat needs it, but the officals are really giving it to us in this game...aannnndd they T Barbee up.

I tried unsuccessfully to find a number to call Comcrap and complain but could not find one. would be somebody in india anyway. odd that it is blacked out here and you have it just down the road.

stream here if interested, watch at your own peril. WDE all.

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/171540/1/watch-auburn-vs-alabama.html

I tried unsuccessfully to find a number to call Comcrap and complain but could not find one. would be somebody in india anyway. odd that it is blacked out here and you have it just down the road.

stream here if interested, watch at your own peril. WDE all.

http://www.firstrow1...vs-alabama.html

thanks for the link!

29 points more than half way through the second half?

Bad as the team is this year it's hard for me to blame TB...notihing wrong with the offense....AU players get wide open shots all game long and just can't hit them. Improving shooting skill should be on the individual players...not just the coach. What is it they say...the coach is supposed to put the team in position to win....but these guys just don't seem to take advantage of the opportunities.

Guest jojo1515

It seems Barbee has zero ability to take the players he has and make a competitive game plan. If this was football, he'd be fired today. 100% out of excuses. Dont give me the talent level argument either. We beat this team a couple if days ago on player will alone. The apparent lack of coaching is astounding. I would rather have Lebo back. I just hope JJ doesnt hire the next one...

I have zero doubt that if Anthony Grant and Tony Barbee had of switched jobs this year Auburn would be in the top 4 of the SEC and Alabama would be where we are now, at the bottom.

It seems Barbee has zero ability to take the players he has and make a competitive game plan. If this was football, he'd be fired today. 100% out of excuses. Dont give me the talent level argument either. We beat this team a couple if days ago on player will alone. The apparent lack of coaching is astounding. I would rather have Lebo back. I just hope JJ doesnt hire the next one...

He's played 11 guys tonight. They are getting wide open looks and easy layups. They play decent enough defense, but they can't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Not sure how that's on the coach.

You're right if this was football he would be gone. We are a to 15 program in football, so the not having talent is not an excuse. But we are not even a top 70 team in basketball. We need to loose the football mentality when it comes to basketball and understand that it takes time to build a program here. If we run CTB we'll be having this same conversation 3 years from now.

I know it was a rebuild job but if we had started the program from scratch would we not expect more from the team and coach than this? Unless we just don't care about our basketball program - and that new arena says that is not the case - is it possible that CTB is not sitting on a increasingly warm seat? What does he have to achieve next year to hold on to his job?

no backside defense...game after game.

+1. Multiple teams have been killing us with our lack of helpside defense and our D letting teams pass out of traps and along the baseline. No excuse for this. Just lack of effort.

This is flat-out ridiculous. I have sat back patiently waiting for Barbee to field a competitive team and what we have on the floor these days does not fit that description in any way, shape, form, or fashion! Oh how I miss the days of Coach Ellis. When Cliff was the coach you could count on having atr least 1 NBA talent level guy if not 2 every year, a team that could play with anyone or at least keep it close, and a team more often than not tournament worthy. Lebo put Auburn in the crapper, there is no doubt about that. Barbee hasn't yet gotten us out of it and he has had plenty of time to do so. Next!..............

I've got it! We drop men's basketball and bring back Wrestling! We used to be pretty good at that when I was in school! and hey, we would have the nicest facility in the country!!!!! :jump:

Archived