2014 4* S Cortez McDowell (Tennessee signee)

ellitor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was quick. The 247 article on him yesteday didn't seem like he was close to a decision. Oh well, best wishes and on to the next man. WDE!

Hasn't UT been the assumption for a while now?

No. We thought we were squarely in the mix and thought to be in the lead at one time.

Hasn't UT been the assumption for a while now?

No. We thought we were squarely in the mix and thought to be in the lead at one time.

Yeah, this one hurts. I heard about this before I heard about Sean White, and was about to go into a state of depression (lol). Nick Ruffin had been working on him hard, and we thought that would have made a difference. I don't think Nick will back off, though. Butch Jones has really got utk on the upswing, but let's see how they play. They have a lot of gaps to fill; our game with them is shaping up to be pivotal for both programs.

I wish him well, and maybe he'll have a change of heart before February. That said, I am not too worried about the safety/star positions. Once these kids see Coach Johnson's defense in action this year, with the emphasis on the safety/star position, we won't have to worry about getting elite recruits at safety. Just like with our offensive recruits, our play on the field this season is critical in getting these kids excited in Auburn again.

This one really disappointed me. I feel like we're getting the talent up front on D, but it's imperative that we get it in the backfield. It seems like we've missed out on a few in the last few years. I know we've got talent on the roster, but other than Ruffin I don't notice us after any other big timers this year.

Good lord it is about a month away from the 2013 season. Signing day is February of next year. Lets see how the team looks on the field before slitting our wrists. I am guessing there is going to be a lot of changes in recruits/commitments as the season goes on.

This one really disappointed me. I feel like we're getting the talent up front on D, but it's imperative that we get it in the backfield. It seems like we've missed out on a few in the last few years. I know we've got talent on the roster, but other than Ruffin I don't notice us after any other big timers this year.

Moncrief is big time too.

Good lord it is about a month away from the 2013 season. Signing day is February of next year. Lets see how the team looks on the field before slitting our wrists. I am guessing there is going to be a lot of changes in recruits/commitments as the season goes on.

"You slash your wrists and slit your throat."---Mac the Knife

Many people in the know, including some utk folks, think his recruiting is far from over.

Many people in the know, including some utk folks, think his recruiting is far from over.

is that your way of saying I should move him back to the Auburn Recruiting Board?

is that your way of saying I should move him back to the Auburn Recruiting Board?

I wouldn't just yet. Patience, young grasshopper.

Oh, Pops! Our young recruiting mod is possessed of many virtues, including hard work and dedication to task. However, when you ask for patience I fear you request that which is not in him! :)

Oh, Pops! Our young recruiting mod is possessed of many virtues, including hard work and dedication to task. However, when you ask for patience I fear you request that which is not in him! :)

lol. Truthfully I was not the one to move the Tez thread to the Rivals section because I had a hunch myself it is not over. When I saw the thread moved I almost moved it back.

• 4 months later...

247 sports has an update on him. I know it's premium, thus we can't know word for word what it says, but can anyone at least give a thumbs up if it's positive for us? Thanks

neither. Not much of a change.

Losing Tre to Uga hurt me,despite him helping on the miracle...hope this guy does not turn out to be another one.

I am sorry but can you clarify? I can't understand your post.

Archived