2014 4* S Cortez McDowell (Tennessee signee)

ellitor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks E for posting. Cortez seems like a kids who likes contact and he wraps up when he tackles. He's a sure tackler in space. Outside of Clark, Cortez is my another player I would like to see sign with AU.

Absolute stud. Know about his talents all too well.

Thanks E for posting. Cortez seems like a kids who likes contact and he wraps up when he tackles. He's a sure tackler in space. Outside of Clark, Cortez is my another player I would like to see sign with AU.

Coaches plan to sign 3 safeties so I think they will go after both pretty hard.

have seen him in person several times. Really good at taking the right angle to the ball carrier and is faster than he appears. He had a 70 yard TD run on a fake punt straight up the middle this past season. He has worn Auburn gear to school some, but he's got a lot of offers from all over. I know James Franklin, Lil Nicky, and Urban have all visited at school.

• 1 month later...

new article today

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/auburn_getting_a_strong_look_f.html

from what I have heard is he was set to commit to Tennessee but then decided against it. Several schools (Clemson, OSU, Miss St, Georgia, and one other) were at his baseball game yesterday and he received his US Army All America nominee recognition. I heard a little kid ask him the other day where he was going and his response was "honestly, I have no idea." Getting him there on Big Cat will be a big step for Auburn I believe.

Never ceases to amaze me regarding the ignorance and stupidity of the comments on these articles.

So you bammers can read my statement above, I'll re-write it for you:

Nevur seeses to amase me regarded the ignuranse and stoopididy of the commints on thees artikles.

Never ceases to amaze me regarding the ignorance and stupidity of the comments on these articles.

So you bammers can read my statement above, I'll re-write it for you:

Nevur seeses to amase me regarded the ignuranse and stoopididy of the commints on thees artikles.

Precisely why I don't read comments on articles or listen to sports radio in this state besides Sportscall. It's not worth the stress, anger, and drama.

FSU was at practice today. They were his leader early in, but that changed with Craig. I believe Tennessee is his "leader" at the moment, but I see that changing after BCW. NC State was at school yesterday, but not sure if they were at practice.

FSU was at practice today. They were his leader early in, but that changed with Craig. I believe Tennessee is his "leader" at the moment, but I see that changing after BCW. NC State was at school yesterday, but not sure if they were at practice.

Miss St. visited today also.

He has the mentality you love in a Safety! What kind of day has it really been unless you have "smacked someone" at some point during the day in question? Is that too much to expect?

Well looks like BCW did not have the affect we hoped or thought on McDowell. Free excerpt

TWO STAND OUT FOR 4-STAR SAFETY: 4-star safety Cortez McDowell from Locust Grove (Ga.) High attended Big Cat Weekend last Saturday but Auburn still has ground to make up. McDowell said Tennessee and Florida State are standing out to him the most right now and he plans to visit both in June.

“This past year, when (Florida State) had all 11 guys drafted, they had seven of them already with degrees,” McDowell told 247Sports. “And the other four are about to finish up degrees this summer, so that’s a big thing, talking about student-athletes, and that’s graduating. And that’s big. For myself, that’s real big.

“Tennessee, they’re a new program right now, but I feel like, if they keep getting the guys that they keep needing filling those spots, Tennessee will be a dangerous team to watch this upcoming year.”

Well looks like BCW did not have the affect we hoped or thought on McDowell. Free excerpt

TWO STAND OUT FOR 4-STAR SAFETY: 4-star safety Cortez McDowell from Locust Grove (Ga.) High attended Big Cat Weekend last Saturday but Auburn still has ground to make up. McDowell said Tennessee and Florida State are standing out to him the most right now and he plans to visit both in June.

“This past year, when (Florida State) had all 11 guys drafted, they had seven of them already with degrees,” McDowell told 247Sports. “And the other four are about to finish up degrees this summer, so that’s a big thing, talking about student-athletes, and that’s graduating. And that’s big. For myself, that’s real big.

“Tennessee, they’re a new program right now, but I feel like, if they keep getting the guys that they keep needing filling those spots, Tennessee will be a dangerous team to watch this upcoming year.”

what the buck does UT have that we don't? seriously, guy?

what the buck does UT have that we don't? seriously, guy?

Melvin Smith developed Slay and Banks at Miss State to be NFL prospects and Harbison with McDaniel at Clemson. He need to see their resume. Just saying.

Don't blame the kid for looking but glad ill be in Knoxville for the AU game this year. Ready to squash the Tennessee hype that started when BJones took the job. Must say its took alot of attention off of us and that to me is a good thing. Probably why Barnhart and others keep calling us a dark horse on every show he's on

Archived