LSU Game 2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just need better hitting overall. Most of the starters are under .300 and team is about .271 starting the game tonight. Odds are less than 1 in 3 that any given AU batter will get a hit when we need it. ...in fact, I expect when the opposing pitcher is "bearing down" the odds get even worse.

Just need better hitting overall. Most of the starters are under .300 and team is about .271 starting the game tonight. Odds are less than 1 in 3 that any given AU batter will get a hit when we need it. ...in fact, I expect when the opposing pitcher is "bearing down" the odds get even worse.

Does anywhere list our RISP stat? Be willing to bet it's at/below the Mendoza line

Lack of clutch hitting, poor defense, and inconsistent pitching have plagued Auburn under Coach P. It is so frustrating because you can see talent, just no production. It seems whenever guys come back for their senior years they struggle. Other teams are getting 3-4 years of solid production out of their guys and we seem to only get one. It is a long season for sure but things don't get easier from here. Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Miss St are all top 15 teams. Unless our bats heat up and our pitching settles in, it is going to be another long year for the Tigers

Rocky McCord gets out of a 1st/3rd 2 out situation with GREAT help from Ebert making a do or die play on a ball off the end of a bat...headed T8 5-1

Does anywhere list our RISP stat? Be willing to bet it's at/below the Mendoza line

I'm sure the coaches know but mercifully, they don't have that in the team stats. Another disturbing number is the slugging percentage which is just barely higher than the BA for most of the kids....which of course means that we get a lot of singles and not much beyond that. I was hoping Gabe would help build up the power numbers but not much yet....do our guys do an serious weight training?

Again, the inability to execute basic baseball fundamentals costs us. It seems to be a trend under Coach Pawlowski.

Not a trend. It's a constant that's now well into its fifth year.

Again, the inability to execute basic baseball fundamentals costs us. It seems to be a trend under Coach Pawlowski.

Did you know our team fielding % is better than our opponents and we have substantially fewer errors than our opponents?

Did you know our team fielding % is better than our opponents and we have substantially fewer errors than our opponents?

You just made that up... We rank 12th in the SEC in fielding % and 5th in errors made... http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/Baseball/2013/lgteams.htm

Not sure where you came up with all of that but I sure wish it was true

You just made that up... We rank 12th in the SEC in fielding % and 5th in errors made... http://www.secdigita...013/lgteams.htm

Check this site: http://www.auburntig...e.html#TEAM.MLB Totals 868 597 245 26 .970 14 11 10 .524 2 0 Opponents 825 563 220 42 .949 17 14 10 .583 2 3

Games Summary

Game 5 of 30

against two of the top three teams in the nation. A bit early to be waving the white flag folks though I would like to see a bit more intensity...and maybe JP pulling some guys or chewing a little butt when they make these kinds mistakes.

I've seen four of the last five years....and they look very much alike. If we can't win 1 game by now against the better teams in the league what makes you think we can overcome a 0-5 or 0-6 start to SEC play? No improvement.

This team is the soft product of a soft head coach. They are gutless.

So when LSU leaves a bunch of guys on base it's because of our pitching but when AU does the same they are "gutless" That's a BS comment and not worthy of anyone claiming to be an AU fan.

You just made that up... We rank 12th in the SEC in fielding % and 5th in errors made... http://www.secdigita...013/lgteams.htm

Check this site: http://www.auburntig...e.html#TEAM.MLB Totals 868 597 245 26 .970 14 11 10 .524 2 0 Opponents 825 563 220 42 .949 17 14 10 .583 2 3

Games Summary [/font]

That is taking into account Maine, Alabama State, and all the out of conference games we have played. If you stack those numbers up against the SEC like the link I posted you see we sit down low when it comes to defense

Errors ERA AVG 2012 84 3.92 0.304 2011 71 5.09 0.296 2010 93 5 0.348 2009 65 6.12 0.286 2008 64 4.86 0.301 2007 91 4.59 0.295 2006 90 5.15 0.276 2005 83 3.87 0.293 2004 81 4.81 0.279 2003 77 4.22 0.306 2002 68 4.85 0.301

This team is the soft product of a soft head coach. They are gutless.

So when LSU leaves a bunch of guys on base it's because of our pitching but when AU does the same they are "gutless" That's a BS comment and not worthy of anyone claiming to be an AU fan.

I'm not a fan. I'm an alum and I played. Don't you have any higher expectations than this garbage?

Two sets of stats. They prove that we're better than the likes of Alabama State and worse than the SEC teams, which are the ones we have to compete with.

Since our manager can't get the Auburn team on a level with our SEC competition, it's time for a new manager.

Game 5 of 30

against two of the top three teams in the nation. A bit early to be waving the white flag folks though I would like to see a bit more intensity...and maybe JP pulling some guys or chewing a little butt when they make these kinds mistakes.

I've seen four of the last five years....and they look very much alike. If we can't win 1 game by now against the better teams in the league what makes you think we can overcome a 0-5 or 0-6 start to SEC play? No improvement.

I don't think that's fair; we've had the tying run at the plate in every game that we have played so far in at least the seventh inning and have jsut failed to get a big hit. We're one swing away a lot; Hunter Kelley just doubled by the way guys; I think that might be 2 hits for him tonight; like the looks of this kid

Archived