LSU Game 2

0-5 in league play and we haven't held a lead of any kind in SEC play. Pathetic and downright infuriating.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, the inability to execute basic baseball fundamentals costs us. It seems to be a trend under Coach Pawlowski.

Not a trend. It's a constant that's now well into its fifth year.

Did you know our team fielding % is better than our opponents and we have substantially fewer errors than our opponents?

You just made that up... We rank 12th in the SEC in fielding % and 5th in errors made... http://www.secdigita...013/lgteams.htm

Not sure where you came up with all of that but I sure wish it was true

Check this site: http://www.auburntig...e.html#TEAM.MLB Totals 868 597 245 26 .970 14 11 10 .524 2 0 Opponents 825 563 220 42 .949 17 14 10 .583 2 3

Games Summary [/font]

That is taking into account Maine, Alabama State, and all the out of conference games we have played. If you stack those numbers up against the SEC like the link I posted you see we sit down low when it comes to defense

You challenged my quote....I showed you where it came from. Our stats are made against the teams we played and that's the way you keep statistics.

Ya I just reread his post. AU64 is correct that against all the opponents we have played so far, if you take their avg against our we have better fielding stats. However the stats I post show that those comments are deceiving as we sit at the bottom in the SEC. I have followed this closely the past few seasons and we have finished near the bottom in almost every season under Coach P. And now we sit at 0-5. I get the whole we are playing two of the top 3 teams in the country argument but guess what? Half of the SEC is in the top 15. If we are going to be successful then we have to win against these teams. Just tired of all the excuses for mediocrity and tired of all the lack of fight in Auburn athletics

Again, the inability to execute basic baseball fundamentals costs us. It seems to be a trend under Coach Pawlowski.

Not a trend. It's a constant that's now well into its fifth year.

Did you know our team fielding % is better than our opponents and we have substantially fewer errors than our opponents?

You just made that up... We rank 12th in the SEC in fielding % and 5th in errors made... http://www.secdigita...013/lgteams.htm

Not sure where you came up with all of that but I sure wish it was true

Check this site: http://www.auburntig...e.html#TEAM.MLB Totals 868 597 245 26 .970 14 11 10 .524 2 0 Opponents 825 563 220 42 .949 17 14 10 .583 2 3

Games Summary [/font]

That is taking into account Maine, Alabama State, and all the out of conference games we have played. If you stack those numbers up against the SEC like the link I posted you see we sit down low when it comes to defense

You challenged my quote....I showed you where it came from. Our stats are made against the teams we played and that's the way you keep statistics.

As I said in the post above I realized I read your post wrong. I apologize but we are still one of the worst fielding teams in the SEC

Game 5 of 30

against two of the top three teams in the nation. A bit early to be waving the white flag folks though I would like to see a bit more intensity...and maybe JP pulling some guys or chewing a little butt when they make these kinds mistakes.

I've seen four of the last five years....and they look very much alike. If we can't win 1 game by now against the better teams in the league what makes you think we can overcome a 0-5 or 0-6 start to SEC play? No improvement.

I don't think that's fair; we've had the tying run at the plate in every game that we have played so far in at least the seventh inning and have jsut failed to get a big hit. We're one swing away a lot; Hunter Kelley just doubled by the way guys; I think that might be 2 hits for him tonight; like the looks of this kid

How many blunders did we have that kept us from having to come from behind yet again? I've seen more than enough AU baseball in person to know what I'm talking about. Mikey can tell you I used to be coach paws biggest defender. That ended over a year ago.

There's your ballgame: LSU wins 5-1. Back to the drawing board to try to salvage one tomorrow. By the way guys, can we try to be a little more optimistic? I know it's kind of like "why she would try to will something that probably isn't going to happen anyways," but even though I'm negative sometimes, I'm always sticking with the guys until the last out. UGA showed us on Sunday a few years back that no lead is a safe lead in the ninth inning. Let's get one tomorrow, go get one at Troy, and then lets get to improving this SEC record!

I stick with Auburn regardless, but we stink. Football. Basketball, now Baseball. Nothing to cheer about right now.

By the way, does anyone agree it may be a good decision to start Kendrick tomorrow? It seems like we've been getting behind early in all of our SEC games and have been playing from behind. Why not send the guy that's proved to be your best arm this year to the hill for the first three or four innings or so and try to limit early runs for the opponent?

Kendrick will more than likely start tomorrow. Hope we can field behind him and hit the ball with bases loaded at least once this series.

By the way, does anyone agree it may be a good decision to start Kendrick tomorrow? It seems like we've been getting behind early in all of our SEC games and have been playing from behind. Why not send the guy that's proved to be your best arm this year to the hill for the first three or four innings or so and try to limit early runs for the opponent?

I am for it. I just wanna see someone step up on the mound and keep the opponent below 2 or 3 runs. Hopefully Conner can step up and do that tomorrow

Average errors from 2009-2012 = 78.25

Average errors from 2002-2008 = 79.1

Batting Average from 2009-2012 = .3085

Batting Average from 2002-2008 = .293

Team ERA 2009-2012 = 5.0325

Team ERA 2002-2008 = 4.62

So, yes, I understand y'all all hate Pawlowski and he's terrible because we make MORE errors under him and can't hit at all. Too bad stats disagree. You can hate the man for his results, but a) You can't coach clutch, and b. Please use other stats/reasoning when trying to back up your dislike for JP other than our defense is worse than ever and the batting is worse than ever

Hopefully we can get a good solid 5 innings out of Kendrick, maybe throw Kendall in there for a few and have Dedrick finish it off. If we're not going to be able to beat them with runs, let's beat 'em with pitching!

So, yes, I understand y'all all hate Pawlowski and he's terrible because we make MORE errors under him and can't hit at all. Too bad stats disagree. You can hate the man for his results, but a) You can't coach clutch, and B)/> Please use other stats when trying to back up your dislike for JP other than our defense is worse than ever and the batting is worse than ever

Tell the elite teams in the SEC and the country you can't coach clutch. How many regionals have we played in since he got here? What is our win/loss record in the SEC the last three years? Stats mean little when you continue to lose games.

I agree stats mean little if you continue to lose. Might I ask how many regionals we played in the previous ten years? Three...in ten years. He's been to 1 in 4. Not good. But what has Auburn baseball been in 10 years overall? Not very good. Everyone's talking like he's drug an elite program into the ground.

So, yes, I understand y'all all hate Pawlowski and he's terrible because we make MORE errors under him and can't hit at all. Too bad stats disagree. You can hate the man for his results, but a) You can't coach clutch, and b. Please use other stats/reasoning when trying to back up your dislike for JP other than our defense is worse than ever and the batting is worse than ever

You don't go to Omaha because you have a better fielding percentage, higher batting average and/or lower ERA. Either you win or you don't, it's not that complicated. I don't hate Pawlowski, I hate the results I see on the field, and expect better without excuse.

So your argument is because he has done better that Slater he is doing a good job? Here are some stats for you. The ranks are within the SEC

Fielding %

2009 - 9th

2010 - 10th

2011 - 10th

2012 - 12th

2013 - 12th

Errors Made

2009 - 7th

2010 - 1st

2011 - 2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 5th

So yes I think our argument about poor defense is backed up by stats

You don't go to Omaha because you have a better fielding percentage, higher batting average and/or lower ERA. Either you win or you don't, it's not that complicated. I don't hate Pawlowski, I hate the results I see on the field, and expect better without excuse.

And that's your prerogative. I'm not going to try to sway you one way or another. But this board during this season has been more obsessed with finding reasons to nitpick Pawlowski than support the team. I'm tired of every error, runner left on base, bunt being scrutinized ad nauseum to fuel fire to an already tired agenda. We're 0-5. It is what it is. But I still think we're going 15-15 in the SEC and will until we lose the 16th game.

So your argument is because he has done better that Slater he is doing a good job? Here are some stats for you. The ranks are within the SEC

Fielding %

2009 - 9th

2010 - 10th

2011 - 10th

2012 - 12th

2013 - 12th

Errors Made

2009 - 7th

2010 - 1st

2011 - 2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 5th

Haven't said anything about him doing a good job. I'm out. I'm tired of fighting this battle, and I'm tired of Auburn fans caring more about the goings on a coach than the guys playing the game, both on the baseball field and the basketball court. With fans like this on this board, heck who needs enemies. Later, and I'll check back at the end of the season.

My problems with him are calling sacrifices when we are several runs behind and need a big inning.... Having your best hitter sacrifice or try to sacrifice when they aren't any good at it.... Getting runners needlessly picked off base, having pitchers that walk the leadoff batters of an inning and not knowing when to make a pitching change and when not to make a change.

Those things have more to do with winning or losing than do stats, and Pawloski has not shown any understanding of what makes those decisions succeed or fail.

I agree stats mean little if you continue to lose. Might I ask how many regionals we played in the previous ten years? Three...in ten years. He's been to 1 in 4. Not good. But what has Auburn baseball been in 10 years overall? Not very good. Everyone's talking like he's drug an elite program into the ground.

I no longer accept it! Auburn should have a better program than this. Period! 2012-2013 has totally sucked so understand where my emotions are right now, but also look at the obvious. I used to be like you, but I no longer accept this mess we have right now at Auburn. It's bad when you hope and pray Equestrian and womens Tenns can win a title while the majority of the program is in the tank.

As for batting average and pitching here is how we have stacked up under Coach P.

Batting Average

2009 - 10th

2010 - 1st

2011 - 5th

2012 - 1st

2013 - 11th

ERA

2009 - 10th

2010 - 6th

2011 - 11th

2012 - 9th

2013 - 10th

Once again our argument about inconsistent pitching holds up as well. Until this year we have been a team that could hit but just we gave up too many runs. This year it seems we are doing both. Frankly when I watch us play I see a poorly coached team

Fielding %

2009 - 9th

2010 - 10th

2011 - 10th

2012 - 12th

2013 - 12th

Errors Made

2009 - 7th

2010 - 1st

2011 - 2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 5th

Haven't said anything about him doing a good job. I'm out. I'm tired of fighting this battle, and I'm tired of Auburn fans caring more about the goings on a coach than the guys playing the game, both on the baseball field and the basketball court. With fans like this on this board, heck who needs enemies. Later, and I'll check back at the end of the season.

Lol so I confront you with stats and you change your argument. Frankly I am sick of Auburn fans coming up with so many excuses to excuse below average play. I love Auburn with all my heart and as an Auburn man I expect a certain level of performance. As a student a certain level is expected of me or I lose my scholarship or get kicked out of school. The same is for men that are paid millions of dollars to produce competitive athletic teams. The bottom line is we have not produced under Coach P. It is because of fans like me Auburn has the support and following it does. I will never apologize for wanting the best at Auburn.

But this board during this season has been more obsessed with finding reasons to nitpick Pawlowski than support the team. I'm tired of every error, runner left on base, bunt being scrutinized ad nauseum to fuel fire to an already tired agenda. We're 0-5. It is what it is. But I still think we're going 15-15 in the SEC and will until we lose the 16th game.

I very much appreciate your half-full outlook, I wish I were in that camp. I have previously commented on the scenario where it is possible to get to 15 conference wins after an 0-6 start. I even pointed to the fact that we are fortunate in that we don't have to face USCe and UK. But with each game I see very little to believe that they are being taught how to fight in tough situations that determine outcomes. I really hope you're right, if so I will be the first to point it out. I haven't predicted doom, only commented on this aggrevating lack of nastiness between the lines.

Oh, dear God. Please show me where I changed my argument. I never said, and you can go back over the threads on this board months ago, that I support Pawlowski. And, yes, as a student also, I'm under the same rules you are. Please don't take the noble approach and try to make it sound like I don't want the best for Auburn. You also come into college with full control over your GPA, so that analogy doesn't pan out. A sports program isn't an isolated system, sorry. Where we differ is I would like to spend more time focusing on the task at hand (completing the season and competing every game) than talking night in/night out about a coach.

Fielding %

2009 - 9th

2010 - 10th

2011 - 10th

2012 - 12th

2013 - 12th

Errors Made

2009 - 7th

2010 - 1st

2011 - 2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 5th

Lol so I confront you with stats and you change your argument. Frankly I am sick of Auburn fans coming up with so many excuses to excuse below average play. I love Auburn with all my heart and as an Auburn man I expect a certain level of performance. As a student a certain level is expected of me or I lose my scholarship or get kicked out of school. The same is for men that are paid millions of dollars to produce competitive athletic teams. The bottom line is we have not produced under Coach P. It is because of fans like me Auburn has the support and following it does. I will never apologize for wanting the best at Auburn.

Archived