LSU Game 2

Oh, dear God. Please show me where I changed my argument. I never said, and you can go back over the threads on this board months ago, that I support Pawlowski. And, yes, as a student also, I'm under the same rules you are. Please don't take the noble approach and try to make it sound like I don't want the best for Auburn. You also come into college with full control over your GPA, so that analogy doesn't pan out. A sports program isn't an isolated system, sorry. Where we differ is I would like to spend more time focusing on the task at hand (completing the season and competing every game) than talking night in/night out about a coach.

Average errors from 2009-2012 = 78.25

Average errors from 2002-2008 = 79.1

Batting Average from 2009-2012 = .3085

Batting Average from 2002-2008 = .293

Team ERA 2009-2012 = 5.0325

Team ERA 2002-2008 = 4.62

So, yes, I understand y'all all hate Pawlowski and he's terrible because we make MORE errors under him and can't hit at all. Too bad stats disagree. You can hate the man for his results, but a) You can't coach clutch, and b. Please use other stats/reasoning when trying to back up your dislike for JP other than our defense is worse than ever and the batting is worse than ever

So your argument is because he has done better that Slater he is doing a good job? Here are some stats for you. The ranks are within the SEC

Fielding %

2009 - 9th

2010 - 10th

2011 - 10th

2012 - 12th

2013 - 12th

Errors Made

2009 - 7th

2010 - 1st

2011 - 2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 5th

So yes I think our argument about poor defense is backed up by stats

Haven't said anything about him doing a good job. I'm out. I'm tired of fighting this battle, and I'm tired of Auburn fans caring more about the goings on a coach than the guys playing the game, both on the baseball field and the basketball court. With fans like this on this board, heck who needs enemies. Later, and I'll check back at the end of the season.

Lol so I confront you with stats and you change your argument. Frankly I am sick of Auburn fans coming up with so many excuses to excuse below average play. I love Auburn with all my heart and as an Auburn man I expect a certain level of performance. As a student a certain level is expected of me or I lose my scholarship or get kicked out of school. The same is for men that are paid millions of dollars to produce competitive athletic teams. The bottom line is we have not produced under Coach P. It is because of fans like me Auburn has the support and following it does. I will never apologize for wanting the best at Auburn.

My argument is what is hurting us right now is poor coaching. I am not sure what exactly it is you would rather us discuss. The problem with AU baseball is Coach P.

My comment about you changing your argument was your whole post that started this stated that " You can hate the man for his results, but a) You can't coach clutch, and b. Please use other stats/reasoning when trying to back up your dislike for JP other than our defense is worse than ever and the batting is worse than ever". I posted stats that backed up point b and you went on some random rant about how you don't like the way some AU fans are. Also I do not hate Coach P as a man. I think he is a great guy but has underperformed as head coach

It is obvious we both care about Auburn and want to see this team succeed so I think I will stop here with the back and forth. I hope desperately we can turn this thing around but forgive me for not being completely convinced it will happen. I will still be at every game I can attend and will still be following closely. Hopefully at the end of the year you can bump this thread and call me out. It will the nicest crow I have ever eaten.

War Eagle!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you SCTiger. The negativity and constant whining has completely taken over this entire board. Even a win gets picked apart. The sad thing is that the most virulent negative posters know little about any of it.

This team has improved, but right now a few of the kids are just in a hitting slump. That's part of the game, and it happens even in MLB. Something will break, and the bats will get going again. I think it's important to support those kids who chose to come play at AU.

As an auburn guy ... I simply want W's ... Don't care how they come. Luck, skill, good coaching or bad luck by the other team ... I want wins.

Please for the love of all that is good, give me wins.

I'm not going to nitpick paws. But I have always been a firm believer that a coach deserves 4-5 years. That is a full recruiting cycle and plenty of time to implement your team culture and philosophy. If it hasn't improved after that many years then there's no assumption that it will.

Paws has till the end of the season. We have 30 more sec games to right the ship. Hope we win em all. I'll wait to see how the season ends but this is a make or break year for me. (I know there is a great recruiting class in the works - but 5 years is 5 years)

I also believe lsu and vandy are crazy good.

I agree with you SCTiger. The negativity and constant whining has completely taken over this entire board. Even a win gets picked apart. The sad thing is that the most virulent negative posters know little about any of it.

Huh? Any of what?

This team has improved, but right now a few of the kids are just in a hitting slump. That's part of the game, and it happens even in MLB. Something will break, and the bats will get going again.

Statistically or based on the fact we are 0-5 now in conference play?

I think it's important to support those kids who chose to come play at AU.

Agreed.

This team is the soft product of a soft head coach. They are gutless.

So when LSU leaves a bunch of guys on base it's because of our pitching but when AU does the same they are "gutless" That's a BS comment and not worthy of anyone claiming to be an AU fan.

I'm not a fan. I'm an alum and I played. Don't you have any higher expectations than this garbage?

No Alum much less player would call these players gutless. You have no idea what these players think. Alum-maybe, player-dont think so, moron-definitely.

Pathetic.... No one on this team wants to step up and be the difference

You don't know anything about what the players want.

Maybe want is the wrong word but it is obvious no one has been able to step up and make the difference. I hope some does soon

Again, the inability to execute basic baseball fundamentals costs us. It seems to be a trend under Coach Pawlowski.

Not a trend. It's a constant that's now well into its fifth year.

Did you know our team fielding % is better than our opponents and we have substantially fewer errors than our opponents?

It's not the physical errors that are hurting us. Those happen. It is the mental errors. The lack of basic fundamentals. The inability to be clutch. Yes, a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then. But the only consistency our baseball program has shown, in quite some time, is to be lacking in the basic fundamentals it takes to be a winning program. Bottom line, IMO, is that we are a very poor coached team.

This team has improved, but right now a few of the kids are just in a hitting slump. That's part of the game, and it happens even in MLB. Something will break, and the bats will get going again. I think it's important to support those kids who chose to come play at AU.

No one is saying we shouldn't support the kids or the program. What is obvious is the poor execution that has been on display in SEC play over the last few years. It's pretty obvious. Hopefully we can get a win today and get a sweep of Bama next weekend, but the negativity wouldn't be here if the team executed better.

No one is saying we shouldn't support the kids or the program. What is obvious is the poor execution that has been on display in SEC play over the last few years. It's pretty obvious. Hopefully we can get a win today and get a sweep of Bama next weekend, but the negativity wouldn't be here if the team executed better.

Well you obviously don't get it....

All this negativity is NOT supporting the team. I hope they are too busy to see this "support".

If you can't see the improvement from last season, it's because you aren't looking for anything good. These new kids are going to be fabulous. We have young pitching talent that's being developed. 3rd base is no longer a constant black hole. There are some great things happening, but apparently it's not visible to those with a mindset of only looking for the bad all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.

Guest jojo1515

The only thing worse than constant complaining is constant complaining about complaining...(here I am complaining about people complaining about complaining:)) Our athletics suck. Its official. Fire JJ today and start the repair process so everyone can quit complaining.... calling Dr Gouge......

No Alum much less player would call these players gutless. You have no idea what these players think. Alum-maybe, player-dont think so, moron-definitely.

Oh that hurts, it really does. I'll tell you what they better be thinking, next weekend will tell us all we need to know.

I don't see any improvement from last year. A few spots are a bit better and a few others are a bit worse. Today, LSU sent nine (9) batters to the plate in the first inning while only hitting one (1) ball out of the infield.

Maybe stuff like that and an 0-6 record are blinding me to all the improvement?

Oh that hurts, it really does. I'll tell you what they better be thinking, next weekend will tell us all we need to know.

Ok Coach, tell us how you would set the lineup and pitching rotation, then predict how both teams will fare offensively and defensively, and while you're at it, lets hear your prognastication on the umpire's strike zone and percentage of correct calls made. Don't forget any injuries or other indirect factors. Really, are you that smart concerning baseball? Obviously you think so. So lets hear it.

Ok Coach, tell us how you would set the lineup and pitching rotation, then predict how both teams will fare offensively and defensively, and while you're at it, lets hear your prognastication on the umpire's strike zone and percentage of correct calls made. Don't forget any injuries or other indirect factors. Really, are you that smart concerning baseball? Obviously you think so. So lets hear it.

That's just it. It's so much more than lineups and starters and the pen, and injuries. Everybody deals with that, and quite frankly it's relatively insignificant in the big picture. It's about teaching these kids how to fight, not to settle for whatever it is Pawlowski is letting them settle for. I find it comical that in the post game interview after struggling to get a recent win, our coach (first) wanted to talk about how tough the weather was. Baseball is an easy game to over-think. This team needs to get pissed off and stop giving in during the critical moments of games. But yeah, if you want to look at the umpire's strike zone or how Kendall pitches on Sundays in Louisiana in the afternoon, well go ahead. I'm sure you'll find some stat that will satisfy you.

That's just it. It's so much more than lineups and starters and the pen, and injuries. Everybody deals with that, and quite frankly it's relatively insignificant in the big picture. It's about teaching these kids how to fight, not to settle for whatever it is Pawlowski is letting them settle for. I find it comical that in the post game interview after struggling to get a recent win, our coach (first) wanted to talk about how tough the weather was. Baseball is an easy game to over-think. This team needs to get pissed off and stop giving in during the critical moments of games. But yeah, if you want to look at the umpire's strike zone or how Kendall pitches on Sundays in Louisiana in the afternoon, well go ahead. I'm sure you'll find some stat that will satisfy you.

Insignificant? What kind of response is that? You still haven't said what they should be thinking? If you had any cognitive ability to decipher my comment you would see that I never said anything about stats. In fact if I were to go there I would tell you that stats have not in fact told the whole story. You are implying that these guys are "giving in". Again an unfounded moronic statement. You have no clue about how these guys are thinking. You assume that they don't fight to stay in games, come from behind etc. Hello, have you not been watching all of the games? You have no basis for your conclusions, and i contend an over contentious blow hard. If you don't like it , quit following them and just go jump on the fire everyone bandwagon.

Insignificant? What kind of response is that? You still haven't said what they should be thinking? If you had any cognitive ability to decipher my comment you would see that I never said anything about stats. In fact if I were to go there I would tell you that stats have not in fact told the whole story. You are implying that these guys are "giving in". Again an unfounded moronic statement. You have no clue about how these guys are thinking. You assume that they don't fight to stay in games, come from behind etc. Hello, have you not been watching all of the games? You have no basis for your conclusions, and i contend an over contentious blow hard. If you don't like it , quit following them and just go jump on the fire everyone bandwagon.

I think there has only been one of those in this thread.... The person who only throws insults at everyone and adds nothing to general discussion... Just saying

You have no basis for your conclusions, and i contend an over contentious blow hard. If you don't like it , quit following them and just go jump on the fire everyone bandwagon.

You resort to name calling and I'm the one that's over[ly] contentious.

I have not made any assumptions and I am not coming to any conclusions, simply stating an opinion based on what has transpired. The proof, as they say, is in the putting. This team has proved it on the field, they have not fought and they have not come from behind in the games that matter. In fact, they have lost all six conference games by a combined score of 43-15, have not come from behind or even led in any inning of any of those conference games. Those stats do tell the whole story.

Archived