Don't kill the messenger. Just relaying what I found...

Am I reading the sec records right... If everything falls perfectly (which is a long shot), we could be the 6 in the sec tourny...

Yes. If UF, Ole Miss, bammer, and aTM all lose out and we win out, we would finish tied or better than each of the aforementioned and hold the tie breaker with those we would be tied with (UM & UF). Florida would almost have to try to lose twice to the Dawgs though.

In 2011 LSU finished with an overall record of 36-20, was 13-17 (#9) in conference and had a final RPI of 23.

In 2013 Auburn sits with an overall record of 32-22, is 12-17 (#10) in conference and has an approximate RPI of 34.

What else will those teams have in common?

In 2011 LSU finished with an overall record of 36-20, was 13-17 (#9) in conference and had a final RPI of 23.

In 2013 Auburn sits with an overall record of 32-22, is 12-17 (#10) in conference and has an approximate RPI of 34.

What else will those teams have in common?

In an article I article I read a few days ago. It said LSU's final RPI was 26. Not sure what else they had in common but Auburn has something important that LSU team didn't, a chance to get another win or 2 in the SEC tourney. LSU being the first SEC team with an RPI in the 20s and not make the NCAAs is the reason the SEC tourney expanded from 8 to 10 team in 2012. Here's a little known reality. If the SEC Tourney was 10 teams in 2011 the SEC would have gotten 1 more team in the NCAAs as Auburn would have played LSU in a #8 vs. #9 winner gets into the NCAAs first round SEC tourney game,

The PTB don't want the NCAA tourney to look like round two of the SEC or the ACC tourney so most years there will be a few sacrificial lambs in order to allow Prairie View, Bethune-Cookman and Sacred Heart, etc. to enjoy a brief shot at glory. Even with 64 teams there are always a few deserving (based on RPI) teams that don't make the cut for other reasons. We probably need at least two more wins to avoid falling into that category.

The SEC tournament with twelve teams will be of no consequence. What LSU has is a history of winning, with regional bids the three consecutive years prior. That alone puts them on a different plane, but they had been to Omaha two of those three prior years. Oh and to go one better, they had a national freakin' championship from one of those runs. Can I remind you what our last three years were? Maybe everybody in Hoover will believe they're in and want to save pitching because if we don't win the tournament we're out. The way it stands now, there may only be eight SEC teams getting regional bids.

Here's a little known reality. If the SEC Tourney was 10 teams in 2011 the SEC would have gotten 1 more team in the NCAAs as Auburn would have played LSU in a #8 vs. #9 winner gets into the NCAAs first round SEC tourney game,

"Reality" and "if" only co-exist in the Auburn baseball world. SMH.

You 2 are hilarious. Nobody is saying nor implying every team in the SEC Tourney gets in the NCAAs. In that sitch reality and if was not exclusive to the Auburn baseball world. It was in LSU's and the SEC's too. An SEC Tourney win would have put Auburn or LSU in the NCAAs. Therefore I reiderate my point. The SEC expanded the tourney from 8 to 10 in 2012 so that every SEC team on the bubble would have a chance to play their way in via the SEC tourney. I agree with 64 that it probably takes 2 wins to be safe. Wth that said. I am sure that I am in the minority in this, but since we are locked in as the 10 seed I hope the game is rained out today. Given how good Arky's game 3 pitchers have been and how horrible for the most part Auburn's has been I'd rather not play it. I would rather take the split with Arky and not take the RPI hit since Arky is 46th in the RPI, No matter what happens today beating likely Bama is a must on Tuesday.

Therefore I reiderate my point. Re-what?

...since we are locked in as the 10 seed I hope the game is rained out today. Given how good Arky's game 3 pitchers have been and how horrible for the most part Auburn's has been I'd rather not play it. O...M...G

So there it is, we're reduced to praying for rainouts. And I am the one that's hiliarious. Pawlowski should be so proud.

...since we are locked in as the 10 seed I hope the game is rained out today. Given how good Arky's game 3 pitchers have been and how horrible for the most part Auburn's has been I'd rather not play it. O...M...G

So there it is, we're reduced to praying for rainouts. And I am the one that's hiliarious. Pawlowski should be so proud.

Reiterate. Heaven forbid I mispell a word by 1 letter. Take a chill pill man.

JP is just like any other manager....he will take them any way he can get them. And saving a pitcher for the SEC tourney would not be a bad thing. I would think an experienced player would understand that.....but :-\

Yesterday was a good win against one of the lower ranked (RPI) teams in the conference. Hope it wasn't too little too late, as we were 3-3 over the last week of the season. Still got some work to do in Hoover.

Yesterday was a good win against one of the lower ranked (RPI) teams in the conference. Hope it wasn't too little too late, as we were 3-3 over the last week of the season. Still got some work to do in Hoover.

Respectfully disagree. I want to win every game we have but in terms of getting in the regionals I think yesterday did it. Here is a little known tidbit. Auburn has won 3 of it's 7 series versus SEC teams that will be in the NCAAs. They are tied with Bama at 2 games each. If we win Tuesday we will have won 4 of 7 series and there should be no doubt after that. I seriously doubt most teams on the bubble can say the same thing.

Respectfully disagree. I want to win every game we have but in terms of getting in the regionals I think yesterday did it. Here is a little known tidbit. Auburn has won 3 of it's 7 series versus SEC teams that will be in the NCAAs. They are tied with Bama at 2 games each. If we win Tuesday we will have won 4 of 7 series and there should be no doubt after that. I seriously doubt most teams on the bubble can say the same thing.

I know we don't get a free pass for the games against LSU and Vandy but very few teams helped their RPI ratings against those two teams. Meanwhile, going into the series with AU, Arky was ranked 13th in the USA coaches poll...so someone thought they were pretty good. AU has damaged the RPI and rankings of a number of SEC teams over the past few weeks...WE.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived