Game Times

TecmoBoJackson

I know that is still real early but when do they normally start releasing game times for SEC games. I couldn't remember if they start announcing the times once the season starts or if they did it even earlier..........

P.s. Obvious slow day at work..... :pc:

I know that is still real early but when do they normally start releasing game times for SEC games. I couldn't remember if they start announcing the times once the season starts or if they did it even earlier..........

P.s. Obvious slow day at work..... :pc:

Some games have been slotted. The rest will come out mid to late july to early August. The options for Auburn/Wazzu at the point are 11 AM CT on ESPN or ESPNU, or the evening games on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Link

P.s. Obvious slow day at work..... :pc:/>

Some games have been slotted. The rest will come out mid to late july to early August. The options for Auburn/Wazzu at the point are 11 AM CT on ESPN or ESPNU, or the evening games on ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Link

I think the 11:21 AM SEC Network game has yet to be announced either.

Link

No but the chances of the game being on that channel is slim to none. Every SEC nonconference game at home versus a BCS conference team has been on ESPN/2/u for the past few years. No way ESPN puts that game on a regional channel where the whole state of Washington misses it.

Link

No but the chances of the game being on that channel is slim to none. Every SEC nonconference game at home versus a BCS conference team has been on ESPN/2/u for the past few years. No way ESPN puts that game on a regional channel where the whole state of Washington misses it.

That's a good point about the Wazzu TV market.

This whole issue of game times is maddening. I live more than 5 hours from AU (and one time zone) and it's a big deal planning for a trip to AU when I have no idea about whether the game will be at 11AM or 6PM (or some time in between) on any given Saturday. That's why I usually end up seeing the games against FCS teams since those games are rarely on TV and when the time is set I don't have to worry about a last minute change. Someone asking questions about why attendance is down....add this issue to the list please.

This whole issue of game times is maddening. I live more than 5 hours from AU (and one time zone) and it's a big deal planning for a trip to AU when I have no idea about whether the game will be at 11AM or 6PM (or some time in between) on any given Saturday. That's why I usually end up seeing the games against FCS teams since those games are rarely on TV and when the time is set I don't have to worry about a last minute change. Someone asking questions about why attendance is down....add this issue to the list please.

All SEC home games have been on tv since ESPN started their contract with the SEC a few years ago. Other than the first 3 weeks and a few select games the earliest you know a time slot for a game now is 12 days in advance.

Link

Don't be so sure about that. Ole Miss will play Texas on the Longhorn Network this year. ESPN is trying to figure out a workaround for folks in Mississippi, but that's been a huge outcry here in Austin since most people here don't have LHN either.

Link

I know some may disagree, but I'd actually rather have the Wazzu game begin at something like 6:00p.m.! Love to see the atmosphere right out of the gate!

Link

I know some may disagree, but I'd actually rather have the Wazzu game begin at something like 6:00p.m.! Love to see the atmosphere right out of the gate!

That's when most want it.

Link

Don't be so sure about that. Ole Miss will play Texas on the Longhorn Network this year. ESPN is trying to figure out a workaround for folks in Mississippi, but that's been a huge outcry here in Austin since most people here don't have LHN either.

Read my post again. That is a road game at Texas. I said SEC home games. If the games was in Oxford it would be on ESPN or ESPN2. Since the game is at Texas the Longhorns have broadcast rights. Ole Miss fans may be able to see it on ESPN3.com though. I have watched stuff from the longhorn network on there before.

Fair enough, but I was more referring to this part of your post:

No way ESPN puts that game on a regional channel where the whole state of Washington misses it.

Either way, not a huge deal to me since I'll be in the stands.

I would rather listen on the radio or watch ESPN3 than have any game that started before 2:00 pm. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate a pre-noon kickoff!!!!!!!

Link

I wish all Auburn games were either 2:30 or night games. The fans are hype at that time. Morning games are just eh....

Link

I wish all Auburn games were either 2:30 or night games. The fans are hype at that time. Morning games are just eh....

Best way to solve that is win. Best teams play at 2:30 or primetime.

Link

You forgot the Vanderbilt exception haha

Northwestern@Vandy 2010

UConn@Vandy 2011

neither were on ESPN.

That said we will almost certainly be on ESPN but it is a little uncharted territory since both teams were so terrible last year (Wazzu and Auburn combined for only 1 win over a BCS team).

Archived