2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 4 (Mon, Aug 5)

RunInRed

Thanks for the help. That would make sense. Cherry juice is great for reducing muscle soreness after physical activity. It's probably a cherry juice/protein hybrid that's high in glutamin and potassium. Probably has a trace amounts of L-arginine as well (helps with vasodilation, increasing blood flow, almost like a natural nitric oxide).

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the help. That would make sense. Cherry juice is great for reducing muscle soreness after physical activity. It's probably a cherry juice/protein hybrid that's high in glutamin and potassium. Probably has a trace amounts of L-arginine as well (helps with vasodilation, increasing blood flow, almost like a natural nitric oxide).

You had me at juice...

http://youtu.be/5M58rLQ13H0?t=3s

Just kidding, just kidding haha. Nice knowledge :P

Well never mind... It looks like its a bottle of tart cherry juice (50 cherries) mixed with a little Apple juice for sweetness!

As someone who considers himself somewhat knowledgeable in pre and post workout supplements, I'd never heard of the benefits of cherry juice. Tons of pro and college teams use it. Apparently there all all kinds of benefits to drinking the stuff. Better sleep, muscle recovery, antioxidants and so on. Looked on Amazon to see about ordering a case and was blown away by the price. That stuff is expensive! I can not possibly imagine how much it costs to constantly supply the team with this stuff...

Nevertheless, very cool that our guys are on the cutting edge. Look at us going from a practice thread about fruit to a practice thread about cherry juice...

Cool looking gloves Owens is wearing.

Not to derail the thread, but the skill position gloves with the tiger stripes are super spiffy. I actually work out in WR gloves and would love to be able to get my hands on a pair (pun definitely intended).

Derail a thread??? That is unheard of on this forum! :dead::Sing: :Sing:

Just kidding, just kidding haha. Nice knowledge :P/>

Hahaha my boss hates you now because I started laughing in the middle of her sad story!

I'm LOVING the increased size of our guys. Seems like towards the end of the Tubs era and all throughout the Chizik era, our guys always looked inferior athletically. Whatever Coach Russell is doing appears to be working.

fwiw and going all the way back to his U of M and Texas A&M coordinator days, Tubbs cultivated and put a premium on defenders with better than average speed, sometimes at the expense of size.

Just kidding, just kidding haha. Nice knowledge :P/>

Hahaha my boss hates you now because I started laughing in the middle of her sad story!

What? you should have told her that you lika do the cha cha.

Correct analysis?

If Wallace & Marshall are working with first-team RBs, it's likely going to come down to whether Marshall gets a full grasp of the offense.

@CollegeandMag

I'm sorry, but if we don't have a QB on the roster that can beat out Wallace... then we should prepare ourselves for a long season. IMHO.

Got to disagree. I've seen some pretty good Auburn teams over the years with journeyman style QB's. Wallace was put in charge of a train-wreck offense, on a train-wreck team under a train-wreck coach as a true freshman. I think it's fair to wait and see if he prospers under different circumstances. IMHO

Agreed. If it isn't NM, I hope it's JW.

Me too. I don't understand why so many are dismissing him out of hand. Given the situation last year I did not think he looked all that bad. If nothing else he showed some poise and confidence at times which for me are more important than throwing it 75 yards. Truth is from what I hear about his attitude and work ethic I'm kind of pulling for him.

Correct analysis?

If Wallace & Marshall are working with first-team RBs, it's likely going to come down to whether Marshall gets a full grasp of the offense.

@CollegeandMag

I'm sorry, but if we don't have a QB on the roster that can beat out Wallace... then we should prepare ourselves for a long season. IMHO.

Got to disagree. I've seen some pretty good Auburn teams over the years with journeyman style QB's. Wallace was put in charge of a train-wreck offense, on a train-wreck team under a train-wreck coach as a true freshman. I think it's fair to wait and see if he prospers under different circumstances. IMHO

Me too. I don't understand why so many are dismissing him out of hand. Given the situation last year I did not think he looked all that bad. If nothing else he showed some poise and confidence at times which for me are more important than throwing it 75 yards. Truth is from what I hear about his attitude and work ethic I'm kind of pulling for him.

............and the kid was a TRUE freshman last year. It just boggles my mind that we have so many "fans" who would write off a QB after his true freshman year. I guess they never saw Stan White or Jason Campbell as freshmen.

Correct analysis?

@CollegeandMag

............and the kid was a TRUE freshman last year. It just boggles my mind that we have so many "fans" who would write off a QB after his true freshman year. I guess they never saw Stan White or Jason Campbell as freshmen.

Bingo. I'll admit I gave up on Campbell but I learned my lesson. I think Wallace may surprise a few people.

Correct analysis?

@CollegeandMag

Bingo. I'll admit I had given up on J

I wouldn't write off Wallace as a bust, but he did look pretty awful last year. I will say he played more confidently and showed more heart than Frazier who just looked lost out there. But, I think athletically Wallace has a lower ceiling than Marhsall. His arm strength is nowhere near Marshall's and while Wallace can make plays with his feet he is not the athlete that Marshall is. I think Marshall is going to be the starter and Wallace will be backup. When Marshall graduate's, perhaps Wallace will have improved his strength and accuracy and can battle out with Johnson and others to win the job. Sadly I think Frazier is the guy who will get left behind.

Two Questions

1. People keep saying Jason Campbell didn't show anything until his senior year but it seems like I remember him having a good Soph. year under Petrino. Maybe my memory is failing me a little?

2. I've never seen the starting QB hold for the kicker so not sure what that says about Wallace getting time doing just that?

1. Yes. There were some lumps a long the way, but he showed some good things under Petrino.

I agree. He looked lost as a freshman. The light switch seemed to come on about half way through his Soph. year under Petrino. Then he looked lost again under Nallsminger. Then the Gorgeous One came in and made Jason a first round pick.

2. I've never seen the starting QB hold for the kicker so not sure what that says about Wallace getting time doing just that?

bamas starting QB doubles as the holder I believe. I like the idea of using a QB to hold. Always the possibility of the fake. The only fake FG I remember in the Chiz era was thrown poorly and picked off. I think White threw it.

Archived