Auburn's Historic Best PK's and Punters

Newbomb

Ok one more here before get the final group so we can finish off these topics with the Big Ugly's on the offensive line . I know over the years Auburn had superior PK's some of which I could name but I want you folks to come up with them. Also, please include any punters none stand out in my memory at this time so have at it...

Guest jojo1515

#1. Al Del Greco ( guy played in the NFL for 17 years)

#2 Damon Duval ( I'm sure there are better ones, but the kick he made to beat Florida with the 30 mph cross wind where the ball started out 10 yards wide and hit dead center at the swamp under all that pressure beats any kick I have ever personally seen)

We've had so many good ones, it is hard to know where to go from there...

Minor correction....Duval's kick against UF was in JHS in 2001.

Terry Daniel (sp?) was a great punter....during the Bowden years.

Guest jojo1515

Minor correction....Duval's kick against UF was in JHS in 2001.

Terry Daniel (sp?) was a great punter....during the Bowden years.

You are correct. Funny how 12 years clouds memory. Still the best game winning kick I have ever seen. Florida was ranked #1 at the time so the pressure still applies...

Al Del Greco for the place kicker, although I would trust John Vaughn, Wes Byrum, Damon Duval, Neil O'Donahue, or George Portella (Al's cousin - RIP) for a kick with the game on the line. For punter I've got to go with Damon

Kicker: Rat Riley, All SEC '68 and '69...a fine Christian man as well that has had a lasting impact on campus and the hearts of many Auburn men. He was also the 1st Auburn kicker I can remember that could turn a game around with his kicks. Kicked for big time distance...and long field goals. Showing my age...

• Like 1

Punter: Terry Daniel

PK: Win Lyle

I still laugh when I think about Jackie Sherrill and his comments accusing Auburn of using helium in the footballs for punting.

I wrote an editorial about this for an 8th grade writing assignment and got accused of plagiarism.

But my vote for punter: Lewis Colbert

Del Greco and Terry Daniel

Hard to argue against Del Greco. He had a nice long NFL career and is an excellent golfer to boot.