Does Herbie ever learn?

Dlewis23

Apparently not. "My biggest concern the last five weeks for Auburn is Bama," Herbstreit said. "Everyone has been talking about all these other games, and no one is talking about Bama. I think (Auburn) will win the SEC title, but I think they got a good chance to lose to Alabama.

ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit

He must not remember making himself look foolish when he said that :ut: would beat us. I remember him sitting on the feild with Corso and Fowler saying, "I just want to apologize to Auburn, my family, and, my friends for making this pick." I don't have a problem with analysts thinking this game will be close or even that we may lose <_< , but to say we have a "good chance to lose". How do you come to that conclusion? :blink::no:

http://www.theplainsman.com/vnews/display....8/419ce6c200c92

Only fault I find in that statement is that I think he may have overstated by saying bammer has a good chance, but they do have a chance. On paper, we should give bama one of the worst beatings in Iron Bowl history, but we all know the cliche "throw the records out". I am not counting my chickens before they are hatched. I think that it will be a close game by halftime (10-14 point lead) because bammer does have a good defense. But, we will wear their defense out with our offense and will start pulling away in the third quarter. I have even heard some of my fellow AU fans talking about how bad we are going to punish bammer and that they have no chance at all if they have to go to another backup because of Pennington being questionable. Odds are they are right, but I would rather do my talking after the game then before.

I have the utmost repect for Bama's defense, but I just don't see them being able to move the ball at all against our defense. The one worry I do have is the big play. We can not afford to give one up. Not that I think we can't recover from it, but If Bama has to consistantly come up with long sustained drives, I like our depth on defense to take its toll on Kenneth Darby. 71 carries over the last 2 games will catch up with him not mention Mr. Mclover and Mr. Groves introducing themselves to good ole Spence, cracked ribs and all.

Do you people realize that "you can throw out the record books in a game like this" is the most tired cliche in sports? Go back and look at the stats, and the favorite almost ALWAYS wins. Don't be nervous because of recent history. Be confident because of the overwhelming trend of history in our favor. WDE

I have confidence that Saturday afternoon around 6 or 6:15, Herbie will relent and finally admit we're good.

123638[/snapback]

Sure, until about Sunday. Then watch & see him saying that the SECCG against UT will be the biggest test AU will face all year ... yadda yadda yadda. I predict we'll play our entire season before Kirk Herbstriet gets on board the AU bandwagon. He's supposed to be an analyst, right? On college football, I remember reading somewhere ... somebody help me out here. Is Kirk "Auburn-hasn't-been-tested-yet" Herbstriet a paid college football analyst or not? I can't tell. :no:

How many times do we have to "prove ourselves" until these guys vote us #1.

Sunday, headlines will read, "Auburn wins, NOW we'll see if they can prove themselves on a National Stage against UT in the GA dome."

if kirk has a thing about auburn, so be it. he's got to provide a contrarian view to corso SOMEWHERE, and maybe this is it. and look...if he's wrong, he admits it, and moves on, but if he's right, and we lose to alabama, he gets to squawk about it for an entire year...when those talking heads do finally pick an upset right, they're gods of their universe for weeks, nay months!

he's hoping he's right in order to boost his image. the downside to being wrong isn't that great.

ct

Archived