Auburn Softball Family Fun Day

Nay4AU

I was able to take my nieces yesterday & it was great. They had a wonderful time. I don't know a lot about softball but I was very impressed by the young ladies' character. They were very encouraging & friendly with all the kids at the event. I think there are some great things happening in the Auburn softball program. My nieces said they would like to attend a game in the future & I plan on making a return visit with them. I encourage all of the Auburn family to support this special group of young ladies.

Thanks for posting about the softball family fun day. I wanted to drive down but did not feel I could justify the trip from B'ham. I do hope to make a couple of games this year. I agree, there will be a big upgrade in our softball program and like yourself, I Know very little about the sport.

• 2 weeks later...

Coach has already done a lot in a short amount of time. The infield lip issue is gone. The outfield wall has been replaced with the standard fence/warning track. Most of all, the players are excited about the change and seem to be in better shape to contend. I'm very happy with where it's headed...just like baseball.

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't been to an AU softball game, "try it, you'll like it". The facility is great. It's a very safe place. If you have kids or grand kids that like to run around you can just turn 'em loose and they will be fine. A couple of times my granddaughters ran around with Coach David Marsh's kids while Coach Marsh and I talked about old times at Southwest Miami High School. :)

Also, if you like baseball you'll like softball!

Archived