Flip-mas?

AU Ivory_dealer

I know there are a few on flip watch. But how many committed players are out there, mostly in this state, do you think we are weighing heavy on some minds of some "committed recruits?" With rumors of a certain coach maybe looking for a new start lol Could we have an Ole Miss<--- media frenzy come late December?

I know this term preexists but went to Fred's today and saw the decorations being put out.. Merry Flipmas Tiger fans and a happy WarEagle to all!

Ronnie Clark...? Wishful thinking but our safety issues will have to attract some high end DBs that want to be part of a success story going up! Tony Brown is uncommitted i think but do you think we may snag some big time surprises in the backfield.

Stephen Roberts is the only one in state right now.

E, is Roberts visiting Bammer as often as he visit AU?

Been to every Auburn home game. Been to every Bama home game but 1. We had a much better match up that week.

Been to every Auburn home game. Been to every Bama home game but 1. We had a much better match up that week.

E, Thanks...The kid gets around.

E, Thanks...The kid gets around.

He loves college football and wants to watch a game wherever he can.

What about SDH? Seems possible, but I'm not sure he's a take for us at this point if he decided to flip.

Trending thought around here has seemed to be that if SDH or Ronnie Clark really showed interest we'd take them, but unless they show interest we aren't pushing that hard. I also don't know if that changes with Rashaan Evans becoming more of a real possibility. Then again, I don't believe we're recruiting SDH at star so Evans committing may not matter at all as far as SDH is concerned

We are going to need quite a few flips this year. Seems like many recruits have made their verbal commits earlier this year than in previous years and not too many out there who have us on their list that have not committed verbally. Too bad, with everyone picking us to be bottom dwellers before the actual games are played, it seems to have worked early on.

It's a long way to signing day. Surprises on the way.

Believe that we will finish close to the top ten if not in it. Just making a true statement, that we are gong to have to depend on more flips than usual this year.

Some who were on the fence about AU, due to our dismal display on the field last year, will start taking notice since we are rising and getting back to playing Auburn football.

Defensive players can see that Auburn is no longer accepting mediocrity on the defensive side. Coach Johnson is demonstrating not only can come to AU and get national attention, you will be coached, have a chance to play, and experience the joy of being one of the top teams in the SEC.

Believe that we will finish close to the top ten if not in it. Just making a true statement, that we are gong to have to depend on more flips than usual this year.

Some who were on the fence about AU, due to our dismal display on the field last year, will start taking notice since we are rising and getting back to playing Auburn football.

Defensive players can see that Auburn is no longer accepting mediocrity on the defensive side. Coach Johnson is demonstrating not only can come to AU and get national attention, you will be coached, have a chance to play, and experience the joy of being one of the top teams in the SEC.

I heartily agree. This in no way resembles last year's Auburn.

I heartily agree. This in no way resembles last year's Auburn.

This year's class is "thin" at the DL and DB, which is where we are lacking in commitments right now. But it's not too late for Coach Garner to snipe one to three blue-chippers. If you look at those kids we are recruiting for 2015, you'll see that is where their focus is. Don't believe there is an Adams or Lawson or Daniel in the 2014 class, but there is certainly three or four in the 2015 class. Still think we finish in the 10-12 ranking team-wise this year.

I agree Pops, but that leaves us super thin until the 2015 class gets in. Could suffer a down year in 2015 due to attrition and youth in the defensive backfield.

Hope we can pull a couple of DBs and Linebackers away from other teams before NSD.

I agree Pops, but that leaves us super thin until the 2015 class gets in. Could suffer a down year in 2015 due to attrition and youth in the defensive backfield.

Hope we can pull a couple of DBs and Linebackers away from other teams before NSD.

That's my fervent hope, also.

Honestly, I think we will pull a couple of DBs and DLs, but I think we're done at LB with Evans considered a Star.

I think we're perfectly fine in DB recruiting. I have every confidence that the coaches will find someone of at least moderate quality to fill out the depth charts...but let us not forget that we'll have nine scholarship DBs coming back, plus Ruffin and Moncrief. On DL, I suspect Garner will pull another good prospect or two, and I think the three we have committed already are all pretty solid, too...though Lawrence is certainly a project.

Honestly, I think we will pull a couple of DBs and DLs, but I think we're done at LB with Evans considered a Star.

Would we take SDH and Evans?

Would we take SDH and Evans?

Yes. Recruited for different positions. SDH at Will LB and Evans at Star...Auburn has picked up on SDH and he is a possible in state flip also. Although I think it will be tougher than flipping Roberts.

I know I'm in the minority but I really want SDH. He and Tre could make an awesome tandem IMO.

It would be great to sign both of them. Between injuries,academics and other attrition it usually takes two to get one good one and we certainly need more than one good one!

I know I'm in the minority but I really want SDH. He and Tre could make an awesome tandem IMO.

Hey, I'd love to have him too. I was rather surprised how little Jeremy Johnson coming to Auburn seemed to impact him.

Hey, I'd love to have him too. I was rather surprised how little Jeremy Johnson coming to Auburn seemed to impact him.

I said it in another thread but, his relative (brother if I recall) is who the Gumps targeted and is a big reason for his decision. With the big picture much clearer now I imagine he might have acted differently. He was told by Gus though that we were taking Davis if he didn't want on board. I can't see us not taking him if he wants on but Gus will make him sweat I bet.

Archived