Most poorly directed TV game I've ever seen.

CJBas

You are definitely exaggerating the use of the skycam shots and low angle shots. I'm looking back at the replay, and it is really no different than any other game. In television and as a director you use every shot you have. You don't want to repeat the same shot over and over and over. I personally like a tighter/low angle shot on highlights/replays because they highlight the player who made the play, which is why is is called a HIGHlight. Simple solution for your problem... don't watch the games anymore.

As for those unintelligible people shooting high school football highlights on the sidelines, how about you work for a television station before you open your mouth? Every television station I know of as well as the one I work for shoot high school and college games from the sidelines.

P.S. I'd learn how to write before calling anyone a moron.

I don't ever remember watching a game where they showed this many live action shots from behind the offense. The uat-LSU game had zero live action shots from behind the offense. I don't mid the replays but I much prefer higher up sideline shots for live action, then show the replay from behind the offense. Not really complaining just commenting.

I liked the pseudo game film view. You could actually see what was happening with the o-line and how we dominated their front. They probably wanted to show that since our O was ONLY running the ball

You are definitely exaggerating the use of the skycam shots and low angle shots. I'm looking back at the replay, and it is really no different than any other game. In television and as a director you use every shot you have. You don't want to repeat the same shot over and over and over. I personally like a tighter/low angle shot on highlights/replays because they highlight the player who made the play, which is why is is called a HIGHlight. Simple solution for your problem... don't watch the games anymore.

As for those unintelligible people shooting high school football highlights on the sidelines, how about you work for a television station before you open your mouth? Every television station I know of as well as the one I work for shoot high school and college games from the sidelines.

P.S. I'd learn how to write before calling anyone a moron.

I have worked for schools, colleges, ad TV stations, shooting games from the press box. Why shoot the game from the press box? It's simple...BECAUSE THAT'W WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE GAME. Just because idiots repeat what other idiots have done doesn't make it better. Can you, or ayone else, tell what's happening with those 'highlights' your child cameramen cme back with? Hell no. Why even show it?

I would have to go back and look at those games. I don't remember. But tons of games, not just talking about Auburn games, have a skycam. And I don't know about CBS using them in JHS. I'm pretty sure they have in the past, but we'll see. I guess it is personal preference whether you like them or not. Personally, I like having creative shots used. But like others have said... people these days find anything and everything to complain about. It has truly become pathetic.

No problem with using the skycam or replays. But ESPN shot most of the 4th quarter from what was essentially low level end zone view. It was impossible t see the advancement of the ball.

The Alabama LSU game commentators were the worst.

I have never heard so many promote AJ McCarren as being on par with Johnny Manziel and Jameis Winston. That alone proved that they have no football sense at all!

Nothing against AJ. He is a winner, a pretty good quarterback, and a solid field general. That being said his talent level is no where near Johnny Football's nor Jameis Winston.

AJ cannot win a game by himself. The Heisman is NOT supposed to be a team award, it is supposed to be an Individual talent award. The team award CBS is called the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, not the Heisman!

If I were a Heisman voter, the Heisman has to go once again to Johnny Football. Without him TAMU is a 5-7 or 6-6 team at best.

The Alabama LSU game commentators were the worst.

I have never heard so many promote AJ McCarren as being on par with Johnny Manziel and Jameis Winston. That alone proved that they have no football sense at all!

Nothing against AJ. He is a winner, a pretty good quarterback, and a solid field general. That being said his talent level is no where near Johnny Football's nor Jameis Winston.

AJ cannot win a game by himself. The Heisman is NOT supposed to be a team award, it is supposed to be an Individual talent award. The team award CBS is called the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, not the Heisman!

If I were a Heisman voter, the Heisman has to go once again to Johnny Football. Without him TAMU is a 5-7 or 6-6 team at best.

Have to agree with tat. McCarron may be a better pro prospect, but like you said, that's not what the Heisman is about.

I have worked for schools, colleges, ad TV stations, shooting games from the press box. Why shoot the game from the press box? It's simple...BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE GAME. Just because idiots repeat what other idiots have done doesn't make it better. Can you, or ayone else, tell what's happening with those 'highlights' your child cameramen came back with? Hell no.Why even show it?

If you know HOW to shoot a highlight from the sidelines and know how to work a camera, then they can work perfectly fine. Now I agree with the LIVE GAME ACTION not being shown from the low angle camera or skycam, but HIGHlights are another thing. And trust me, there are plenty of stations and media outlets that shoot from the sidelines. I've shot plenty of Auburn games, and every station and media outlet there shoots from the sidelines/endzone. I think people who are actually in the business know what they're talking about.

If you know HOW to shoot a highlight from the sidelines and know how to work a camera, then they can work perfectly fine. Now I agree with the LIVE GAME ACTION not being shown from the low angle camera or skycam, but HIGHlights are another thing. And trust me, there are plenty of stations and media outlets that shoot from the sidelines. I've shot plenty of Auburn games, and every station and media outlet there shoots from the sidelines/endzone. I think people who are actually in the business know what they're talking about.

I spent a career in TV and motion pictures. I know what I'm talking about. I know sideline vantage point of a football game shows nothing but a bunch of players running around, nothing intelligible. Ad I also know that highlight reels are usually the only thing most people see of most games. But it's easy since the cameraman doesn't have to set up a tripod and lug us up to those high school press boxes, and the kid doing the shooting gets t priss his butt in front of the home crowd for everybody t look at and (in his mind) think he's important. I've dealt with those kids.

The position that will give you the optimum camera angle 99% of the time is the one from the press box. The fact is that you don't have to 'be in the business' to know that. In staggered pricing 50 yard line seats go for more tha do ground level end zone seats. Everybody knows the press box gives the best view or seats in that vicinity wouldn't go for a premium. It's not rocket science.

Just because you have a camera shot doesn't mean you should run it into the ground. Most of what is shot in a motion picture wnds up 'on the cutting room floor' so to speak.

Archived