Until...

jared52

Auburn can field a team that doesn't have significant turnover year after year, then this will be the state of AU basketball for the time being. Firing Barbee isn't going to do any good, as much as I can't stand what he's done to AU basketball. The only thing I wish they could do is to cut his pay drastically as he's siphoning money from the University. It's almost criminal that he make what he does and produces as little has he has. But AU has GOT to figure out how to have guys stick around for more than one or two years before getting kicked off or forced to transfer.

JJ's really got himself a mess with this program. A coach he can't fire and who can't win any games. That can't be fun.

Firing Barbee isn't going to do any good, as much as I can't stand what he's done to AU basketball.

Unfortunately agree. Same thing happened when Lebo ran the program. He was the problem, all we needed was a reputable coach, blah blah, etc. I don't know enough about how the college basketball scene works to know why Auburn, as an SEC team, can't even be semi-competitive. I've heard people say anything from shoe sponsors to academic standards. Whatever the case, this isn't going to get better anytime soon from the looks of it. I always joked after Lebo was let go if he at ECU or Barbee at Auburn would make the NIT/NCAA tourney first. Well, Jeff got a commit from an ESPN 100 PG today....gulp...

This became a wasted year when Barbee wasn't fired last March. At least the women's team should be fun to watch and will probably win some games.

Why do we lose so many players who transfer out after one season under Barbee? Lebo had the same issue but not to this extent. Something is not right.

Look for the common demoninator (sp?).....it's CTB.

Maybe he's too tough on the guys. Maybe they see the mess that AU basketball is in and want no part of a losing program. The transfer, Seagears from Rutgers, didn't even get his bags unpacked before he decided to get out of Dodge!

Maybe he's too tough on the guys. Maybe they see the mess that AU basketball is in and want no part of a losing program. The transfer, Seagears from Rutgers, didn't even get his bags unpacked before he decided to get out of Dodge!

That's simply not true. This happened with Lebo as well. I don't know what the problem is, but it certainly didn't start with Barbee.

That's simply not true. This happened with Lebo as well. I don't know what the problem is, but it certainly didn't start with Barbee.

It's a question of degree. Lebo, like most coaches these days, had a few to transfer out. At one point last year, Bill Cameron on the Sportscall radio show counted noses and said 11 of Barbee's 14 signees had left the program before their time was up. ELEVEN OF FOURTEEN! Last season Barbee had four freshmen that played. Three of the four were gone by the end of the spring term. Whatever is wrong about player retention under Barbee is way, way worse than it should be. Nobody, but NOBODY else has the problem to this degree.

Archived