Question

Tigermike

If players get in a fight during a football game they are suspended for the next game aren't they? That is still the rule isn't it?

South Carolina and Clemson are both 6-5 and bowl eligible. Will the players be eligible to play? Could both teams be declared ineligible for a bowl because they don't have enough players? :(

I'm not sure on the answer. However, if I were either coach I would pull my team from bowl consideration. I'd probably kick some off too, period. We don't need this crap ruining college football.

I'm not sure on the answer. However, if I were either coach I would pull my team from bowl consideration.  I'd probably kick some off too, period. We don't need this crap ruining college football.

125077[/snapback]

I don't agree. You can't punish the whole team, the fans and the University for what some of the team did. Bench those players and get on with the bowl games.

Bowl games bring in too much money, are a reward for the players and fans, and are HUGE for recruiting...you can't just stay home.

I'm not sure on the answer. However, if I were either coach I would pull my team from bowl consideration.  I'd probably kick some off too, period. We don't need this crap ruining college football.

125077[/snapback]

I don't agree. You can't punish the whole team, the fans and the University for what some of the team did. Bench those players and get on with the bowl games.

Bowl games bring in too much money, are a reward for the players and fans, and are HUGE for recruiting...you can't just stay home.

125122[/snapback]

I think if they benched all the players who were fighting, neither team would have enough players left to play in a bowl game. The benches for BOTH teams emptied. They were almost all involved.

If players get in a fight during a football game they are suspended for the next game aren't they?  That is still the rule isn't it?

South Carolina and Clemson are both 6-5 and bowl eligible. Will the players be eligible to play?  Could both teams be declared ineligible for a bowl because they don't have enough players?  :(

125075[/snapback]

The rule is they can't play in the next game so I have to assume that would be the bowl game.

If players get in a fight during a football game they are suspended for the next game aren't they?  That is still the rule isn't it?

South Carolina and Clemson are both 6-5 and bowl eligible. Will the players be eligible to play?  Could both teams be declared ineligible for a bowl because they don't have enough players?   :(

125075[/snapback]

The rule is they can't play in the next game so I have to assume that would be the bowl game.

125195[/snapback]

That is what I was thinking. So if they don't have enough players to field a team, it would appear that neither team will go bowling. But I would guess that both schools would try to avoid the suspensions.

Last night I was watching the South Carolina replay and they showed the play when the fight started and at that particular point, the Clemson player started the fight. BUT we don't know what led up to that particular incident. The SEC commissioner will have an announcement tomorrow, as per Sonny & Whimp.

Archived