Everyone in the state of Alabama needs

PChamp119

We beat Alabama - that's all the only color that matters!

To the Bama fans:

Ya'll think you are soo great because you held us for 1 half. That ya'll should be sooo proud of your team. And what I think is absolutely hilarious - "We kept them out of the Orange Bowl :big: "

Hell - whether we won by more or not - it would not have made a difference. OU would still be ahead of us in the BCS. Yea, Auburn MIGHT have gained a FEW votes in the polls. In order for Auburn to leap OU this week in the BCS, Auburn would need at least 41 and 42 votes in the Coaches and AP polls respectfully of a lead over OU. I doubt Auburn would get that much. If OU dropped 1 ranking in the Computer Polls, Auburn would need approxamently 20+ votes of a lead - I doubt we would get that many as well.

The Bama fans are like, "if we were healthy... if we had Brodie... if we had an offense..." BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!! That is why you play the game you idiots. The point is, you had your team and played well 1 half and lost. The same could be said for Auburn - do all the Bama fans really believe that was the "real" Auburn offense out there in the first half. I bet if they played 100 games, at least 95 times Auburn would come out with a better offense in the first half and win by a lot more. I won't take anything away from the Bama Defense, BUT THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!! - and they play only once. There are no "IF's" in football - what happens, happens. The "IF's" go for both teams. I think the Bama fans need to realize this. Plus, "IF" Tuberville wanted to, he coulda kept driving there midway in the 4th quarter to drive for a TD or a FG - but he chose to run the clock out. The drive would've kept going longer and UA may have never scored that TD. Tuberville was conservative and it paid off - he ran off just the right amount of time he needed (as proved with a 4th down kneel as time expired).

And the Auburn fans:

We aren't going to the Orange Bowl (well not likely) - THERE ARE BIGGER TRAGEDIES IN LIFE!! Would I love to have Auburn play for the National Championship - Hell yea I would. But get over it. We will go to New Orleans and New Orleans is a hell of a lot more fun than Miami. Our boys will win the Sugar Bowl and go 13-0. We may not get a share of the National Championship, but will anyone care in 5 years? Except for Bama fans saying, "Ya'll got only 1 NC" - do we really expect that to change if we had 2 National Championships? We are getting way plenty press coverage and that's what a NC is all about.

21-13 War Eagle

:beer2:

I'll drink to that...

To face the facts...the ONLY way we get to the MNC game is to beat UT and have USC or OU lose...period. That was true before the Bama game and it's still true now.

bama?.....OH, you mean uat. :D

In the future, please be specific. After all, UAB won SEVEN games this year. :big:

We aren't going to the Orange Bowl (well not likely) - THERE ARE BIGGER TRAGEDIES IN LIFE!!

I'd really like to see you tell that to the players that have carried Auburn to a perfect regular season...do you not realize how rare perfect seasons are, especially in the SEC?? Come on dude, playing for the national championship is your goal way before the season even starts. It's why we're paying CTT all those millions. Don't sell yourself short...

PChamp119 ... while reading your comments attributed to some Alabama people "keeping Auburn out of the Orange Bowl" ... "beating us in the first half". Should your really care about these kind of comments. They actually only make themselves look pitiful. Would you be concerned about such ridiculous comments if they came from a five year old? Do you get my point? When people are jealous about what we have at Auburn, and this is obviously the motivation behind such remarks, I suggest you let your Auburn class shine through and ignor it.

War Eagle!

We aren't going to the Orange Bowl (well not likely) - THERE ARE BIGGER TRAGEDIES IN LIFE!!

I'd really like to see you tell that to the players that have carried Auburn to a perfect regular season...do you not realize how rare perfect seasons are, especially in the SEC?? Come on dude, playing for the national championship is your goal way before the season even starts. It's why we're paying CTT all those millions. Don't sell yourself short...

125457[/snapback]

.. I agree, I mean what’s the point of playing a perfect season and not go to the dance. I have been sick to my stomach since the polls came out Sunday. :puke: I know bama is a hurt team this year, but apparently the voters think Baylor has a better program. Believe it or not I’ve never seen auburn win a national championship, and I don’t want to wait 50 years for another chance. I’ve never been this upset over anything, and I know we are 11-0 and I am very proud of that. We might as well be 9-2 and go to a good bowl game. Because that is all we are getting for an 11-0 season. Im trying to be optimistic about this because there is still a chance… no matter what I am still proud of auburn and the team for what they have done this season… and ill be rooting for them at any bowl… WARR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!! GO IRISH!!!! GO BRUINS!!!! GO big 12 north champs!!!!! :au:

Well the least some people could do is wait and see if we are going to have a perfect season and not go to the bcscg before they start whining and crying like babies.

Well DUH I want to get to the National Championship and our players deserve it. There is no doubt about that. There is no doubt they are getting screwed. But I'll use your logic : "As Tuberville would say" all Auburn can do is play their games. All they can do is win and cannot control the rest. Yea, if I were on the team I'd be pissed - but there isn't anything the team can do about it. What else can they do?

O yea, I believe it was like 95% of this board (not me) that kept saying, "Don't worry about it, in the end - everything will work itself out. There is no way an undefeated SEC Team won't get to play for the National Championship." To anyone who ever said or thought that - I mean... wow ... you were dead wrong. Cuz you tried to stay positive and now you are all showing your true colors - you were scared then and you were nothing but filled with Bull at the time.

Ya'll gotta quit whining and think optomistically, but realistically at the same time. Thinking Auburn would get to the NC going undefeated with 3+ undefeated teams was optomistic, but not realistic. Thinking Auburn will go undefeated with a run to the Sugar Bowl and go undefeated is optomistic and realistic. Yea a NC would be awesome and deserving, but there is nothing Auburn can do about it - so live with it.

I guess my point in all this - and my friend Andrew made it clear to me first - Winning an SEC Championship should be everyone's #1 goal around here. An SEC Championship is all we really needed with this program - we don't need a National Championship. I say - Everyone has recognized Auburn as a national contender and that they are deserving of a NC title shot - it's not like anyone is not paying attention to the Auburn program and saying they are non-deserving.

We don't wanna turn into USC fans and have the public get sick of Auburn fans complaining about not getting a National Championship title shot.

Yea I know there is nothing you, I, team, tubby, or the university can do but play the games... im not crying like a baby and I don’t care if anyone thinks I am... last I remember people can state there opinions on this forum.... I guess that all I have now, time to bitch.... because that’s all I can do about the situation... why can’t I complain? Stoops did, and apparently it worked. Also, yes I was part of that 95% that said it would all work out. Showing true colors? Scared? So everyone who believed in auburn is a dumbass? You said: “Thinking Auburn would get to the NC going undefeated with 3+ undefeated teams was optomistic, but not realistic”. So does anyone else out there think realistically that auburn could not have made it to the NC game if they went undefeated? how is that not feasible? That just doesn’t make sense to me…. P.s. I hate arguing with an auburn fan!!! And ill come back if we lose and give an apology for thinking optimistically and realistically that we can beat Tennessee and make it to the orange bowl!!!

Quote “An SEC Championship is all we really needed with this program - we don't need a National Championship”. :no::no::no:

Last I checked, Tuberville's job was in jeopardy had he not made it to the SEC Championship game and was still in doubt without an SEC ring - 6 years without one. Just about everyone in this program asked for an SEC title, not a NC.

I think it's a bunch of crap that everyone on this board is whining about us not getting a NC shot and not being pumped and happy about us goin undefeated, beating Bama, and about to win the SEC. We should be boasting on that, not complaining about the pollsters.

And last I checked, everyone on this board would've taken an SEC Championship, but apperently that's not enough for the people around here.

Just about everyone in this program asked for an SEC title, not a NC.

I think it's a bunch of crap that everyone on this board is whining about us not getting a NC shot and not being pumped and happy about us goin undefeated, beating Bama, and about to win the SEC.  We should be boasting on that, not complaining about the pollsters.

And last I checked, everyone on this board would've taken an SEC Championship, but apperently that's not enough for the people around here.

125535[/snapback]

I am pumped about us being undefeated, beating bama, and seccg... but we could have made it to the seccg with a couple of loses and still beat bama... damn right auburn will take an SEC championship and i will love it.... since odds are will be undefeated, why stop at the seccg? why settle for 2nd best bowl? <_<

But like you say there is nothing we can do, and your right... but im not wrong for believing auburn should be in the orange bowl!!!! I respect your opinion, but its yours, not mine!!!! and im not trying to rub anybody the wrong way!!! wde :au::)

I'm hearing different things from the Alabama folks with whom I have football conversations. It's been congratulations all around, "hope you smash Tennessee" (for all the obvious reasons) and a sincere hope that we can represent the SEC in the Orange Bowl.

Immediately after the game, a good friend from B'ham called to congratulate me. We've been close friends for 35 years, and I endured the seventies when Alabama ruled, although I did enjoy rolling his family's yard when Notre Dame beat them in the Sugar Bowl. My parents went with his parents, and were somewhat p-o'ed when they returned and easily guessed who had rolled the yard (56 rolls - at that time a neighborhood record) and taped the 40 foot long "Roll What?" sign on the front of their house.

In 1986 we made a bet. Alabama had 30 wins and Auburn 20. The bet was for $100 whether Auburn would reach 30 wins before Bama reached 40. I won the bet this past Saturday.

Our conversation was not about the $100 or winning, but how much fun we've had over the past 18 years tracking the bet. He offered the $100, but I suggested we go double or nothing. So I've bet that Auburn will make 40 wins before Alabama makes 48 wins. I hope it doesn't take 18 years this time, but then again, it's been good fun.

Now, let's all go to our neighborhood church and light a candle for Notre Dame.

War Eagle

Aubiedog

Archived