We've gotta name this game!

WarDamn2010

I think it is going to be known as Kick Bama Kick, but I hope a subtitle of One Tick Nick is included. He begged for that one second back and lived to regret it.

Love it...especially with a second sub-title, "De Tide, DENIED!"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is it: "THE RETURN" Not only for the obvious but for a return to the state championship, a return to the SEC West Championship, a return to the SEC Championship Game, a possible return to the BCSNCG, a return to being where Auburn Football should be.

This is it: "THE RETURN" Not only for the obvious but for a return to the state championship, a return to the SEC West Championship, a return to the SEC Championship Game, a possible return to the BCSNCG, a return to being where Auburn Football should be.

I like everything about the reasoning for this name, but I would like the "one second" to be part of it.

Maybe "The One Second Return"?

Hi all! I've been lurking on these forums for about 3 years now and I finally got around to making an account. First post, and I just need to get this out: WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

I currently live up in Connecticut where no one really even cares about college football, forget SEC football. Anywhere here's my input on naming this game:

"One Last Second" or "The Return"

I like "The Return", because in 30 years from now, when this gets talked about, people will as whether it was a kickoff return or a punt return for this win. The look on their face when you say it was a field goal return would be priceless.

War Damn

Auburn Returns!

Second Miracle!

Not a miracle. The catch against UGA was a miracle. This return was calculated. As Coach Malzahn said, they had a bunch of big guys out there and we knew there were really only a couple of guys who had a chance of making a play on Chris. Think about it, they had seven OLinemen and two big TEs a punter holding and a freshman kicker. On top of that, I doubt anybody in the country practices field goal return defense. I think it was brilliant coaching by our staff and excellent execution with at least three key blocks.

"Never Doubted It For a Second"

This was a famous line in the movie "Red Tails". This was a great WWII movie about a group of African-American fighter pilots stationed in Italy. The movie was based on a true story about this group of pilots who were trained at an Army-Air Base in Tuskegee, Al. One of the greart lines of the movie was when the fighter group returned to base after a very successful battle in the air and on the ground against a German fighter group in the air, and at the German air base. Cuba Gooding Jr., who was the assistant base comander, said this line when the group returned to base after the victory against a superior number of much better equiped German fighter pilots.

Auburn Returns!

Second Miracle!

Not a miracle. The catch against UGA was a miracle. This return was calculated. As Coach Malzahn said, they had a bunch of big guys out there and we knew there were really only a couple of guys who had a chance of making a play on Chris. Think about it, they had seven OLinemen and two big TEs a punter holding and a freshman kicker. On top of that, I doubt anybody in the country practices field goal return defense. I think it was brilliant coaching by our staff and excellent execution with at least three key blocks.

You are correct. Gus put on his return team and played the odds that a long FG kick would fall short. He made a brilliant decision that paid off, but it was no accident. It was a perfectly executed play by Auburn on a failed play by bammer.

per today's Crimson White (U of Ala student newspaper), it's the

"Nightmare in Jordan-Hare"

since it's about 3 kicks missed and one more kick for our win, I will say the name of this game is:

---------------------------------

K-K-Kick Bama Kick

Got a second?

since it's about 3 kicks missed and one more kick for our win, I will say the name of this game is:

K-K-Kick Bama Kick

Got a second?

I certainly hope you didn't intend this to be racist, but that's the way it reads with the k-k-k. That has no place in any civilized discussion. Kick, Bama, Kick is sufficient.

It is only fitting to have this game named after the man who made it happen by arguing to get the one second back on the clock:

The Saban Second!!!

Kick Bama Kick

It HAS to be Kick Bama Kick because of the whole game!

Think about how well that name fits. On their first drive they missed a kick and we regained some confidence. They missed another and then later in the game they had a chance to really pull the game away and we blocked it. Then at the end they get a clock review and try one more kick and we do the unthinkable. HAS to be Kick Bama Kick.

K-K-Kick Bama Kick

Got a second?

I certainly hope you didn't intend this to be racist, but that's the way it reads with the k-k-k. That has no place in any civilized discussion. Kick, Bama, Kick is sufficient.

Sensitive are we?

I hate political correctness.

K-K-Kick Bama Kick

Got a second?

Sensitive are we?

That isn't political correctness, it's common decency ... and common sense. If you want to downplay something that evokes images of an organization that murdered people because of the color of their skin, you have that right. I also have the right to call you an idiot.

K-K-Kick Bama Kick

Got a second?

Sensitive are we?

That isn't political correctness, it's common decency ... and common sense. If you want to downplay something that evokes images of an organization that murdered people because of the color of their skin, you have that right. I also have the right to call you an idiot.

Must be awful in your world where gay is something other than happy and a foggot is something other than a cigarette. I get your sense of looking for something to be offended about but your assumptions are completely out of context and ruining an otherwise gay (fun filled) discussion.

Archived