Anderson & Hester

bigsixfive

Pretty biased statement from a "neutral" computer poll.....

In other words, Auburn has effectively gotten to take more than 1/3 of the season off, while USC and Oklahoma have not.

link

This argument is ridiculous, because we have beaten 3 TOP TEN TEAMS!!! SC and OU have beaten 2 Top Tens beween them!!! Stupid computers...GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT!!! :homer:

ALSO...why is it that EVERYONE we beat was overrated AFTER we BEAT THEM???!!! They were simply great BEFORE we beat them...then suddenly they're overrated. Kind of like recruiting if you ask me...a 4 star becomes a 2 star after he commits to AU. Well, buddy, all those two stars of ours are beatin' the jam out of those 5 stars!!! WDE! :angry:

:au::au::au:

This is the same debate every year for the 40 years I have been following SEC football. SEC teams beat each other up causing worse won-loss records than those teams playing in a conf. with ony two good teams ie the old big 10 (big 8 little 2), or the Pac 10 -usuall good for usc and one other good team per season. They would finish 8-2 or 9-1 and compare to the sec teams for won loss records and the sports writer would brag about their regional power-house teams. i even lived in Normal OK for 5 years--what a BS bunch of fans--only considered good games if the blew out helpless opponets by 50 points.

the irony is this:

we beat three 'then top 10' teams...they were top 10 because the pollsters thought they were at the were.

either they are top 10, or the pollsters were wrong.

those same pollsters have contended all season long that USC & OU were 1 & 2. either they are, or the pollsters were wrong.

the problem is that the pollsters never reconsider their picks until they're made to, i.e., proven wrong by what actually happens instead of what they think would happen.

I agree with yall on the issue that we're not getting due credit for teams we've beaten, but I think the bigger issue is the statement made by someone who has a significant pull in the BCS. The computer poll is supposed to be a completely unbiased, neutral vote. Statements like the one above knocking AU are extremely biased. I hope someone takes note of all the anomolies in the CPU polls that are killing AU's BCS numbers, because they are definately off. For instance, take a look at the SEC rank.... its 5th and 6th. Give me a frickin break. Look at the SOS in the PAC10 and in the SEC. Again, something is not quite right.

Now, to address the ignorance of Anderson and Hester...

No, we did not take 1/3 of the season off. Instead of playing games against 5-6 teams that we knew we could have beaten, we had to play them against 2-9 teams. Wins over Stanford, Arizona, OSU, Nebraska, and Kansas impress me about as much as our win over LaTech. While it was good, and we shut down a pretty assertive running game, we went in knowing we were going to win and did just that.

Those who knock us for playing a 1AA school are ignorant, for most 1A schools have one slated on their schedule. Its great revenue and exposure for 1AA schools, and it gives the 1A school a chance to work on basics and fine tune their O and D. Not to mention that we only played a 1AA school this year because Bowling Green pulled out... not our fault.

Hmm biased

Texas A&M ranked 13th I don't care if they lost to OU or Utah. They lost to Baylor! I think there should be a strenght of lose col. Basically the worse a team is that you lose to the lower your points the strong a team the higher your points.

UT losing to ND kills us look at UT SOS in this poll .569 if they only had 1 lose us they might actually be 4th but no less than 5th

AU beat LSU,UGA, and UT

UT beat UGA 2nd lose

UGA beat LSU 2nd lose

So does that mean our team stink or as a group are that much better?

Not sure

Bowl Eligable:

SEC 7 possible 8 (yes that included USC I said eligable)

Big 12 7 possible 8 but doubt it

Pac10 5

Big10 7

ACC 7 (including Clemson)

MWC 3 which ranked just below us in the conf standing

I guess that is becuase out OOC schedule is so weak

One last thought !!!

Everyone always spouts off stats week in and week out, we are better becuase of this, we will kick your butt because of that..

Then someone says well on paper it appears such and such will win then there is an upset and everyone preaches that is why we play the game!

Well now is the time to suck it up and play the games... Playoff, BCS +1 to N who cares just play the game anyone can win on paper!

Pick a side and stay with it.

Archived