Rammer Jammer Video

Tiger-Edge

Freakin' Saaawwweeeeet. I felt like I was there, Chill Bumps and all. Thank You. Now, let's get them Vols one more gin. War "BY GOD" Eagle

I hate to throw cold water on anyone's enthusiasm for Auburn, but this is one cheer I decidedly do not like. I don't like it when Alabama does it, and I don't like it any more just because Auburn does it when we beat Alabama. When Alabama fans do that cheer after a win, I always think it lacks something (quite a lot actually) in class. That's why it bothers me when Auburn fans do it to Alabama after beating them.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm 47 years old and played for an old-school coach in high school, but I DO NOT like trash talk by fans or players. In my opinion, that's all this cheer is. The scoreboard shows that we beat Alabama. To me, that's all the talking that needs to be done. Just celebrate with other Auburn people, shout at the top of your lungs that it's great to be an Auburn Tiger, but don't put the other team down, even if it is Alabama. I just can't participate in that cheer.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I'm not trying to tear anyone down. I just would rather we built Auburn up. We don't have to tear someone else down to do that. It's much more classy; much more of what I think Auburn is and should be.

Archived