What's the latest word in recruiting

Dlewis23

Where do we stand in recruiting. Are their any new names coming up. Are solid verbals still leaning our way. Just wondering?

just watched countdown to signing day and it looks like AU is in on a large number of elite players.....i heard another guy on the radio say that AU could possibly have a top 5 rated recruiting year.....i saw some film on the trott kid......he is a big time prospect......great looking tight end.......there is nothing to indicate that this year will be anything but a great year

just watched countdown to signing day and it looks like AU is in on a large number of elite players.....i heard another guy on the radio say that AU could possibly have a top 5 rated recruiting year.....i saw some film on the trott kid......he is a big time prospect......great looking tight end.......there is nothing to indicate that this year will be anything but a great year

126253[/snapback]

Mark Murphys site has free access right now..don't know how long it will last

FYI

wde

Recruiting sucks. Alabama is beating us for all the good players. TT should be fired. We'll never be a top-20 team with these players. The sky is falling.

Sorry, I just slipped and regurgitated a summary of last years recruiting threads. Wrong then, whatever gets said this year is just as likely to be wrong.

That said, take a look at Murphy's site. It looks like we are having a better "big-name" recruiting year. We'll have to wait a couple of years to see if it is actually a better class, though.

The high profile players really don't come up to the headlines until Jan/Feb. anyways...

I'm a little surprised we haven't landed a 5* RB yet though. With all the publicity with Caddie/Brown as being Seniors I feel like we should land an All-American at this position in particular.

In addition at the QB. I really think we should only offer 1 scholly to a drop back passer.

We are going to need more DT/DE's and LB's, DB's. I also think we need to sign another big time WR class. All our WR's are going to be Seniors next year... We are going to need a new class to step in.

Basically every postion...

WE

Auburn will have a top 10 recruiting class, maybe even top 5. We will definitely be ranked above bama. Take it to the bank. Having said that I will note that this, IMHO, dosen't mean jack. The proof will be 2-3 years down the road.

Here is a list of current commitments.

DT 33 Rudy Odum (Fontainebleau HS) Mandeville, LA 6-3/265/5.10 11/14/2004 Auburn

WR - Prechae Rodriguez (Coffeyville) Coffeyville, KS 6-4/195 11/14/2004 Auburn

DE 18 Alonzo Horton (Abramson, Marion, Senior HS) New Orleans, LA 6-2.5/215/4.70 11/8/2004 Auburn

WR 43 Montez Billings (Pelham HS) Pelham, AL 6-3/175/4.50 11/2/2004 Auburn

LB 40 Patrick Trahan (St. Augustine HS) New Orleans, LA 6-2/205/4.60 9/21/2004 Auburn

LB 36 Rex Sharpe (Fairfield HS) Fairfield, AL 6-3/210/4.60 9/13/2004 Auburn

OL 74 Andrew McCain (Briarwood Christian HS) Birmingham, AL 6-6/256/5.10 8/17/2004 Auburn

CB NR Aairon Savage (Westover HS) Albany, GA 5-11/178/4.48 8/10/2004 Auburn

RB 44 Ali Sharrief (North Jackson HS) Stevenson, AL 5-9/198/4.50 8/3/2004 Auburn

OL 80 Oscar Gonzalez (Hialeah Senior HS) Hialeah, FL 6-6/285/5.20 7/26/2004 Auburn

OL 61 Michael Harness (Pacelli HS) Columbus, GA 6-3/300/5.20 4/28/2004 Auburn

I'm a little surprised we haven't landed a 5* RB yet though. With all the publicity with Caddie/Brown as being Seniors I feel like we should land an All-American at this position in particular.

126323[/snapback]

How is Ali Sharrief rated? Although I did hear post-Iron Bowl that he was taking a visit to Bama after committing to us, which makes me nervous.

I have every confidence in CTT and his staff to find the players they need. And to make winners out of jewels in the rough that aren't as highly publicized as some celebrity picks--see Karlos Dansby and Dontarrious Thomas!

We currently lead for 3 of the top 10 prep linebackers in the country including #1, #3, and #9. We also lead for the #1 DT prosepect, although Im afraid he may be a sign and place.

126323[/snapback]

How is Ali Sharrief rated? Although I did hear post-Iron Bowl that he was taking a visit to Bama after committing to us, which makes me nervous.

I have every confidence in CTT and his staff to find the players they need. And to make winners out of jewels in the rough that aren't as highly publicized as some celebrity picks--see Karlos Dansby and Dontarrious Thomas!

126348[/snapback]

sharrief is rated a 3 star but we are recruiting him to play defense. that is why he is still looking at alabama, because they told him he could be a rb there.

I have been doing some internet searches and found one of the top linebacker prospects Tray Blackmon and several other good players.He says hes chosing between us and jawga the site is lagrangefootball.com.The site has several videos including several nice hits by him. He wears number 10.and its free

...We will definitely be ranked above bama. Take it to the bank....

126329[/snapback]

i'm sure you're not including danny sheridan's rankings in this statement, right?

I'm driving up to Montgomery tonight to watch Trinity play. I'm anxious to see the Trott kid play. Going with my brother in law that coached against him a few weeks ago. He said this guy is absolutely the real deal and will step in immdeiately wherever he goes. I believe they play Demopolis tonight and all indications are this will be a classic. Anyone know anything about Demopolis or any players to watch?

Demop has scored at least 60 points on everybody they have played this eason (I'm pretty sure of this) except last week's playoff game against Thomasville, which they won 14-0. They also have something like 8 or so shutouts. I'm not sure these stats are totally correct, but they are in the ball park and give you an indication of the team Demop has. Being from west Alabama, I have read about them numerous times; their coach has been criticized in the press for running up the score, which he has.

Trinity also has a great team. I hope they tatoo Demop (I don't like coaches that run up scores). Should be one of the best games in HS football this year.

P.S.--I'm not aware that Demop has any D-1 recruits this year.

Spent the weekend in Lagrange, Ga. and talked to one of their supporters. He told me that he felt sure Blackmon was going to Auburn. Said that "he has a two year old kid and wants to stay close to home". Good news.

Archived