The 9 that dropped Auburn

bo knowz

I'm thinking about TJ Yeldon. We stuffed him twice on 4th and 1 for no gain or for a loss. I'm in the back of his mind, he's wishing like crazy that he had stuck with his commitment to Auburn that he made many months before saban got a hold of him on signing day.

Don't be ridiculous. You sound like the bitter guy whose girlfriend cheated on him wishing she would break her leg ... two years later. TJ already has one nc ring (when he could have been a part of the dumpster fire that ws our 2012 season) and was within sight of playing for another. I doubt getting stuffed on 4th down by the school he flipped from has him questioning his choice. I think both he and AU made out ok without each other.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemond Johnson was actually screwed by us

As I said above, there were several of that nine that the new staff didn't like as well as the previous staff did. Lemond Johnson was recruited by and committed to Tennessee after AU dropped him so he should be allright. The linebacker from south Georgia ended up signing with Florida so he's ok too. To the best of my knowledge, every one of them ended up signing with a major program.

Lemond Johnson was actually screwed by us

As I said above, there were several of that nine that the new staff didn't like as well as the previous staff did. Lemond Johnson was recruited by and committed to Tennessee after AU dropped him so he should be allright. The linebacker from south Georgia ended up signing with Florida so he's ok too. To the best of my knowledge, every one of them ended up signing with a major program.

Jarrad Davis is the backer from GA. 3* who played at Camden County.

I'm thinking about TJ Yeldon. We stuffed him twice on 4th and 1 for no gain or for a loss. I'm in the back of his mind, he's wishing like crazy that he had stuck with his commitment to Auburn that he made many months before saban got a hold of him on signing day.

Don't be ridiculous. You sound like the bitter guy whose girlfriend cheated on him wishing she would break her leg ... two years later. TJ already has one nc ring (when he could have been a part of the dumpster fire that ws our 2012 season) and was within sight of playing for another. I doubt getting stuffed on 4th down by the school he flipped from has him questioning his choice. I think both he and AU made out ok without each other.

TJ also used the reasoning that the last 2 years bammer RBs were hiesman finalists. he would have played behind a hiesman finalist at AU this season so i guess he did make the right choice for himself. his stature fits bammer offense better than gus'. ill take tre 7 days a week.

Just to have a little fun here. We pretty much had a full class last year. I'm sure we could/would have managed things a little differently to leave spots for some of these guys, but here's the last 9 guys we had commit to us in this last class:

Montravius Adams (5*) - 2/6/13

Mackerno Alexander (3*) - 2/6/13

Elijah Daniel (5*) - 2/6/13

Johnathan Ford (4*) - 2/6/13

Deon Mix (4*) - 2/6/13

Peyton Barber (3*) - 2/3/13

Marcus Davis (3*) - 1/27/13

Kenny Flowers (3*) - 1/25/13

Dominick Walker (3*) - 1/25/13

*Not to mention Nick Marshall committed 1/14/13.

I'm just saying, looking at some of the names on this list and how they've contributed this year, I'll happily trade the 9 who decommitted for this group!

Absolutely!

Just to have a little fun here. We pretty much had a full class last year. I'm sure we could/would have managed things a little differently to leave spots for some of these guys, but here's the last 9 guys we had commit to us in this last class:

Montravius Adams (5*) - 2/6/13

Mackerno Alexander (3*) - 2/6/13

Elijah Daniel (5*) - 2/6/13

Johnathan Ford (4*) - 2/6/13

Deon Mix (4*) - 2/6/13

Peyton Barber (3*) - 2/3/13

Marcus Davis (3*) - 1/27/13

Kenny Flowers (3*) - 1/25/13

Dominick Walker (3*) - 1/25/13

*Not to mention Nick Marshall committed 1/14/13.

I'm just saying, looking at some of the names on this list and how they've contributed this year, I'll happily trade the 9 who decommitted for this group!

Absolutely!

Yep.....hope all of those kids are happy with their final decisions and one thing I've learned in my later years....there is nothing gained by looking back and playing the "what if'" game with your life.

Archived