Media

API50

Here's who LSU played out of the conference LAST YEAR!!!

Louisiana - Monroe

Louisiana Tech

Western Illinois (1AA School)

Arizona

We played the first two plus The Citadel. This just show how the media can manipulate the issues on any subject.

LSU played that schedule and beat Oklahoma and now the Sooner fans are saying we didn't play anybody this year. Well, they got beat by a team last year that didn't play anybody either! At least according to them.

I guess the 'kicker' is Arizona. While a Pac 10 team, they rate at about the same level as .........(thinking of the worst SEC team) ... .Miss State , Kentucky?

LSU had 1 loss. Auburn is undefeated. There is no rhyme or reason what so ever in these polls.

Here's who LSU played out of the conference LAST YEAR!!!

Louisiana - Monroe

Louisiana Tech

Western Illinois (1AA School)

Arizona

We played the first two plus The Citadel. This just show how the media can manipulate the issues on any subject.

LSU played that schedule and beat Oklahoma and now the Sooner fans are saying we didn't play anybody this year. Well, they got beat by a team last year that didn't play anybody either!  At least according to them.

126827[/snapback]

However, LSU's overall 2003 schedule was more difficult. AU has played only 4 teams out of 11 with winning records while LSU played 6 teams with winning records in 2003. Plus LSU played a much better Ole Miss and a better Arkansas. AU did play a somewhat better Bama this year. Plus LSU had to play a highly rated GA twice whereas AU is having to play a mediocre TN in the championship game. All this said, LSU just made it in by a hair.

However, LSU's overall 2003 schedule was more difficult. AU has played only 4 teams out of 11 with winning records while LSU played 6 teams with winning records in 2003. Plus LSU played a much better Ole Miss and a better Arkansas. AU did play a somewhat better Bama this year. Plus LSU had to play a highly rated GA twice whereas AU is having to play a mediocre TN in the championship game. All this said, LSU just made it in by a hair.

Yeah, but Auburn finished the season undefeated. 3 of Auburn's victories come against to 15 teams, for what that's worth. Still, 2 more games to be played, so there's really not much to be said at the present. We'll just have to wait and see.

I hate to say it but we're not going to the Orange Bowl if one of these two teams ahead lose. I thought that maybe ND could keep it close and the votes may change, but it doesn't look like we can catch OU now because for some reason they gained points on us even though neither team played. Go figure. SOS is hurting us, but I think that the preseason polls is what is hurting us the most.

Archived