Transfers?

AubTiger14

Well, I certainly hope Alexander comes to Auburn (if he's transferring), but let's not pretend like there is some dearth of talent in Gainesville. This season was odd. Tons of injuries. Boring offense. All sorts of nonsense going on. Even with all that, you sure they aren't going to win the East next year?

UGA has no QB (see: Nebraska game), replaces 3/5 of its offensive line, and will spend spring hoping its awful defense shows a pulse this season

South Carolina just lost the best (or at least dang close) QB to ever take snaps at the school, lost its best playmaker WR to the NFL draft, and saw its entirely defensive line (the strong suit of the entire team) either graduate or declare for the NFL draft (including the best player to ever put on a Carolina jersey)

Vandy lost its coach, its QB, statistically the best WR in the history of the SEC, and pretty much its entire 2014 signing class

Mizzou lost its QB, its LT/C, both starting DEs (the best part of its defense), and five OTHER defensive starters (including an All-Conference CB)

Tennessee has had one WINNING season in the last SIX YEARS, they're 33-41 in that stretch and can legitimately refer to the Lane Kiffin season as "the good old days" (that 7-6 team is the only winner by the way), they also lost 4/5 offensive linemen PLUS the top two RBs on the roster, AND lost the ENTIRE starting defensive line and every starting LB (including three-time All-SEC LB AJ Johnson... they also lost two of the backup LBs)

Kentucky is still Kentucky

So yeah, it's not a stretch to think UF could play in the SEC championship game next year. It would take far less of a turnaround than what we saw in Auburn this year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lionheart, it's very, very unlikely that he'll get such a waiver. Those are becoming rarer and rarer in college football and basketball, and there was a proposal not long ago to do away with the waiver/exception regime altogether (every transfer sits a year no matter what). Unless the issue is as severe and easily demonstated as Prosch's, don't hold your breath on a waiver.

alexava, Corey Grant transferred to Auburn as a walk-on so it's certainly possible Alexander could do the same. Here or elsewhere.

yes he can. i seem to remember that these kids were from the end of the earth in florida, a poverty stricken orange picker town or something of that nature. i doubt family can pay his way. also doubt he would want to take on the debt of a year of college when there are probably 100 or so places he can attend under scholarship. i might be wrong on all this, but i would hope dabo would not deny his release to any school outside the acc and not scheduled to play clemson.

lionheart, it's very, very unlikely that he'll get such a waiver. Those are becoming rarer and rarer in college football and basketball, and there was a proposal not long ago to do away with the waiver/exception regime altogether (every transfer sits a year no matter what). Unless the issue is as severe and easily demonstated as Prosch's, don't hold your breath on a waiver.

Oh, I completely agree... doesn't mean that it isn't part of why he's considering Florida.

Per EDW on Twitter, the potential transfer is a 4* OG from last year's FSU signing class This could only be Ira Denson.

The other potential transfer is MacKensie Alexander. He's unhappy at Clemson, but most people believe that he'll end up at Florida.

Could it be Wilson Bell who almost signed with AU last year? Not as highly rated as Denson but higher than Dampeer maybe. Seems I recall Craig's Mobile connections made the difference for FSU. My guess would be Bell having to walk on if it's him.

Per EDW on Twitter, the potential transfer is a 4* OG from last year's FSU signing class This could only be Ira Denson.

The other potential transfer is MacKensie Alexander. He's unhappy at Clemson, but most people believe that he'll end up at Florida.

Could it be Wilson Bell who almost signed with AU last year? Not as highly rated as Denson but higher than Dampeer maybe. Seems I recall Craig's Mobile connections made the difference for FSU. My guess would be Bell having to walk on if it's him.

Not a 4*. The possible ia supposedly a 4*

Not a 4*. The possible ia supposedly a 4*

You're right. If transfer is definitely a 4* it's not Bell. He was a 3* and probably a low one at that.

alexava, Corey Grant transferred to Auburn as a walk-on so it's certainly possible Alexander could do the same. Here or elsewhere.

yes he can. i seem to remember that these kids were from the end of the earth in florida, a poverty stricken orange picker town or something of that nature. i doubt family can pay his way. also doubt he would want to take on the debt of a year of college when there are probably 100 or so places he can attend under scholarship. i might be wrong on all this, but i would hope dabo would not deny his release to any school outside the acc and not scheduled to play clemson.

the hardship waiver is for a REAL hardship in the family - immediate family I think. An ailing grandfather probably won't be enough. Being poor and wanting to transfer to a school closer to home so it's easier on family and not wanting to pay your own way somewhere else is not a hardship. I bet the NCAA will simply say, your poor choice of your original school is your problem not ours. He may have a legit hardship but I haven't seen it here IMO.

Well, I certainly hope Alexander comes to Auburn (if he's transferring), but let's not pretend like there is some dearth of talent in Gainesville. This season was odd. Tons of injuries. Boring offense. All sorts of nonsense going on. Even with all that, you sure they aren't going to win the East next year?

UGA has no QB (see: Nebraska game), replaces 3/5 of its offensive line, and will spend spring hoping its awful defense shows a pulse this season

South Carolina just lost the best (or at least dang close) QB to ever take snaps at the school, lost its best playmaker WR to the NFL draft, and saw its entirely defensive line (the strong suit of the entire team) either graduate or declare for the NFL draft (including the best player to ever put on a Carolina jersey)

Vandy lost its coach, its QB, statistically the best WR in the history of the SEC, and pretty much its entire 2014 signing class

Mizzou lost its QB, its LT/C, both starting DEs (the best part of its defense), and five OTHER defensive starters (including an All-Conference CB)

Tennessee has had one WINNING season in the last SIX YEARS, they're 33-41 in that stretch and can legitimately refer to the Lane Kiffin season as "the good old days" (that 7-6 team is the only winner by the way), they also lost 4/5 offensive linemen PLUS the top two RBs on the roster, AND lost the ENTIRE starting defensive line and every starting LB (including three-time All-SEC LB AJ Johnson... they also lost two of the backup LBs)

So yeah, it's not a stretch to think UF could play in the SEC championship game next year. It would take far less of a turnaround than what we saw in Auburn this year.

That was good. I was looking for a short, succinct rundown of the league for next year. That was good enough for me. Can you do the west now?

yes he can.pay his way. also doubt he would want to take on the debt of a year of college when there are probably 100 or so places he can attend under scholarshihis w i seem to remember that these kids were from the end of the earth in florida, a poverty stricken orange picker town or something of that nature. i doubt family can pay his way. i might be wrong on all this, but i would hope dabo would not deny his release to any school outside the acc and not scheduled to play clemson.

i think we should be carefull about how we talk about one of our players family

That was good. I was looking for a short, succinct rundown of the league for next year. That was good enough for me. Can you do the west now?

Auburn gets better, dominates the SEC West, wins SECCG, goes to the playoff, wins the national championship.

yes he can.pay his way. also doubt he would want to take on the debt of a year of college when there are probably 100 or so places he can attend under scholarshihis w i seem to remember that these kids were from the end of the earth in florida, a poverty stricken orange picker town or something of that nature. i doubt family can pay his way. i might be wrong on all this, but i would hope dabo would not deny his release to any school outside the acc and not scheduled to play clemson.

nothing disrespectful was said or implied. As I remember the article they were not wealthy, if that sounds better to you.

nothing disrespectful was said or implied. As I remember the article they were not wealthy, if that sounds better to you.

My wife's family are 4th generation FL small town orange/grapefruit pickers and thanks to the federal government's bizarre notions of agricultural subsidizing when it comes to fruit, hardly hurting for money.

My wife's family are 4th generation FL small town orange/grapefruit pickers and thanks to the federal government's bizarre notions of agricultural subsidizing when it comes to fruit, hardly hurting for money.

I know of no subsidies for fruit except in cases of disasters. Then, the disaster aid goes to the grove owner, not any pickers. Go to the Alexander's hometown of Immokalee, Florida and look around. I've been a rather frequent visitor there since I was about age 10. It ain't pretty.

Did prosch sit out a year? I cannot remember.

No, because Prosch was granted a hardship waiver due to his mother having that terminal cancer. Such waivers are not handed out willy-nilly. It has to be a severe, verifiable case. "Muh family wishes I was closer t' home" won't get it.

Did prosch sit out a year? I cannot remember.

No, because Prosch was granted a hardship waiver due to his mother having that terminal cancer. Such waivers are not handed out willy-nilly. It has to be a severe, verifiable case. "Muh family wishes I was closer t' home" won't get it.

Jay having a sister currently enrolled at Aubun helped as well to get Auburn cleared as an acceptable place to transfer, as opposed to only someplace closer to Mobile, like USA for example.

But, he did sit out more than he should have in 2012!

I sat out the 2012 season -- along with everyone else.

Archived