There's trouble in Volville

Benefbj

wow...they mentioned schaeffer, but i hope for his sake he wasn't in it. haha...go vouls

I just got word that the NCAA and Fulmer have completed their investigation and decided to close the books on this one. Newly appointed NCAA special investigator, Tee Martin, said he found that all allegations were unfounded and in fact, all players were actually participating in a late night commumion service next door.

Fulmer could not be reached at the Krispee Kreme for comment, however, sources close to the coach said he is satisfied with the thorough investigation that Martin did but will make the players do an extra set of stairs for missing curfew.

I'll find the link later.

Wow.... two successive nights where UT football players got into bar trouble at the SoHo Club and the Electric Ballroom Club, mixing it up with the Greeks

Maybe Fulmer should take a couple of pointers from the Zooker and head on over to fraternity row :lol:

''Several people commented how stupid it was for them to be there,'' Gray said. ''I guess the championship game is not too big a deal for them.''

I still have to find out what exactly happened before I say much else, but we're not going to let this become a distraction. Our focus doesn't change.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. a little too late there, phil.

He (Brooks) had his shirt off and was acting all wild,'' Ellis said. ''He was looking to fight. Why me? I don't know. I weigh about 155 pounds, and that's with all my clothes on. I'm a non-violent person and involved in campus ministries.

''But the next thing I know, he's in my face. He dwarfed me. I knew what was about to happen because he has a reputation of starting fights. About the time I looked up at one of my fraternity brothers to catch his eye, Brooks punches me dead in the face.''

repeat offender?

Ellis said not all the football players were involved in the fight.

''Some of them were trying to stomp on people, and some were trying to defuse the situation,'' Ellis said.

fine upstanding citizens, they are.

Another Phi Beta Sigma fraternity member, Chester Hurleston, said football players took turns kicking him across the dance floor after the fight started. Hurleston is a Knoxville College student.

''I don't know names, but I saw faces,'' said Hurleston, adding that he also plans to pursue assault charges.

will there be any vols left to play the game?

I can't wait until phat phil drops the hammer on them and they have to sit out the first half of the 2005 opener.

He and houston nutt should get together and start a support group, "Coaches who won't discipline players".

We all know they won't do anything. Especially with Schaffer(sp?). He will probably play Saturday. I too believe Phat Fhil will wait until the first game next year, IF he does anything at all, to discipline them.

Well of course nothing will happen to them. They do not want to "loose focus for this weekend". I am so thankful that the :au: football players are real Auburn men and we have not had to open a paper up this year and read about them being in a stupid fight, drugs, stealing, anything like that. I think :au: is probably more "focused" than :ut: . War Eagle! Beat the hillbillies!

Darn, I hate to see this. :ut: is my second favorite :sec: team after all.

Isn't Schaefer injured? If so, this would be the perfect time for Phil to enforce a suspension on him wouldn't it?  :rolleyes:

128413[/snapback]

I figured it would be done during the summer, you know, like that ex-tenn rb in Baltimore.

HAHAHAHA!

Let's give em one more reason to be at a bar in the middle of the week!

Expect Phil to announce almost immediate sanctions. The offending players which have been found to be two non-starting players will no longer be allowed to be in bars after midnight on weeknights. This restriction will begin Sunday, December 5, 2004, (on which the restrictions do not apply - not a weeknight) and continue until the week prior to their bowl game. However these players will be allowed to practice and drink alcohol in their rooms after the forbidden hour. *grin*

Archived