Reality Approaches for McCarron

Proud Tiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may not like AJ because of the team he played for but the guy is a lock for the CFHOF or something is wrong. He wasn't a star but he rarely ever made a mistake when asked to make a play. His NFL future is definitely shaky but I could see the Patriots taking a flyer. No team needing an immediate starter is going to touch him.

:laugh:

"It would be a massive upset if A.J. McCarron gets drafted where he thinks he will." -@EyeOnNFL

After A.J.'s last two games this past season, he should be used to upsets...just not being on the winning side of such. Hee, hee. :dunno:

Rarely do I pay attention to things on TV with bama players, but I saw Gruden with AJ on TV last night. Did not see all of it, but one part caught my attention. Gruden asked AJ to stand up and show him his footwork for throwing an out route to the left. After AJ showed him his drop and stance - Gruden made an interesting comment that almost any school could use against uat in a QB recruiting battle. Gruden said that in AJ's 3 years as a starter - he has changed his fundamentals each year as far as which foot is back and how he swaps his feet to throw to the left. He said that AJ still needs to work on his fundamentals and find the correct foot placement for professional ball. This says 2 things. 1) uat is great at covering up the QB's flaws and 2) in 3 years, Saban and his staff could not make uat's best ever QB a legit NFL QB - mostly a lack of fundamentals. This is what separates him from the top QB's in the draft.

Rarely do I pay attention to things on TV with bama players, but I saw Gruden with AJ on TV last night. Did not see all of it, but one part caught my attention. Gruden asked AJ to stand up and show him his footwork for throwing an out route to the left. After AJ showed him his drop and stance - Gruden made an interesting comment that almost any school could use against uat in a QB recruiting battle. Gruden said that in AJ's 3 years as a starter - he has changed his fundamentals each year as far as which foot is back and how he swaps his feet to throw to the left. He said that AJ still needs to work on his fundamentals and find the correct foot placement for professional ball. This says 2 things. 1) uat is great at covering up the QB's flaws and 2) in 3 years, Saban and his staff could not make uat's best ever QB a legit NFL QB - mostly a lack of fundamentals. This is what separates him from the top QB's in the draft.

Nothing unusual to me about it, Nick Saban does not perfect his players craft as the media makes it out to be. He just try's to out talent other coaches while other coaches TEACH

Say what you will, AJ is not that bad as a starter. He is still College Hall of Famer, no doubt.

Now, as an NFL Player? They could do worse. He can throw long, He can hand the ball off. Now, out running a corner blitz or throwing the ball away in time, i am not so sure about. But the kid is a solid at QB in college and has an awesome record as a starter.

No doubt? Oh plenty of doubt my friend, plenty! He wasn't even close to being the best QB in the conference. Hall of Fame?

Name me one other QB with back to back National Titles?

Look, i know some of us really detest the kid. Some even detest his tattoos. Some hate his GF. Some hate his poor sportsmanship.

BUT, in 20 years, when they look back, qbing wins in two consecutive National Title Drives will tilt his way.

Granted, he was on a Minor League Pro team at the time, he will still be in the Hall of Fame. As will be Cam.

Hall of Fame? Unlikely.

Halls of Fame recognize career accomplishments much more than annual awards do, which is why Cam is not a lock for the CFHOF.

AJ: Career 36-4 as a starter. Back to back titles. Athlon lists him as the #7 QB of the BCS era.

CFHOF likely. NFL HOF? Extremely unlikely.

The victories were team ones. The reason he's garnered accolades is because of the power of the U@T's press machine, the buying in of uninformed talking heads to this press machine, and the surrounding cast of characters (talent). Like many if he does garner a spot, it'll be because of who get's to write the history of college football, rather than solely upon his merit. To the victor, the spoils, and the right to broadcast their version. Not to say not good QB.

So does he even meet this first criteria: (link)**

Hall of Fame Criteria:

• FIRST AND FOREMOST, A PLAYER MUST HAVE RECEIVED FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICA RECOGNITION BY A SELECTOR RECOGNIZED BY THE NCAA AND UTILIZED TO COMPRISE THEIR CONSENSUS ALL-AMERICA TEAMS.

** not sure which selector's are recognized by NCAA

Nothing unusual to me about it, Nick Saban does not perfect his players craft as the media makes it out to be. He just try's to out talent other coaches while other coaches TEACH

He has the physical measurables and is a pretty fart smeller (as evident by throwing so few Ints) - he is a project with high upside IMO.

Those NFL scout look at a lot more than just ability and on the field stuff. AJ is arrogant and a blame the other player kind of guy. I think they see that in him and while mechanic's can be fixed what is between his ears might not be so easy to fix. Also I don't think they want a drama queen either. If he is getting a TV show for his wedding can you just see a reality series about a backup QB in the NFL second guessing everything. No team wants that drama.

Not surprising at all - AJ was nothing more than a "game manager" his entire time at uat. He wasn't gonna lose them games by making stupid mistakes, he had ultra talent surrounding him which made the team successful. The NFL is great at coaching technique though, so if he gets drafted he'll get a chance to learn from the best trainers in the business.

Those NFL scout look at a lot more than just ability and on the field stuff. AJ is arrogant and a blame the other player kind of guy. I think they see that in him and while mechanic's can be fixed what is between his ears might not be so easy to fix. Also I don't think they want a drama queen either. If he is getting a TV show for his wedding can you just see a reality series about a backup QB in the NFL second guessing everything. No team wants that drama.

Drama queen? Arrogant? I wonder what the NFL scouts think about Johnny F'ing Football?

Drama queen? Arrogant? I wonder what the NFL scouts think about Johnny F'ing Football?

and Eli manning, and Philip rivers. AJs attitude is no where near a problem. This is a situation that reminds me of Arkansas old qb that is backing up Brady. Matt Jones I think.

Say what you will, AJ is not that bad as a starter. He is still College Hall of Famer, no doubt.

Now, as an NFL Player? They could do worse. He can throw long, He can hand the ball off. Now, out running a corner blitz or throwing the ball away in time, i am not so sure about. But the kid is a solid at QB in college and has an awesome record as a starter.

No doubt? Oh plenty of doubt my friend, plenty! He wasn't even close to being the best QB in the conference. Hall of Fame?

Name me one other QB with back to back National Titles?

Look, i know some of us really detest the kid. Some even detest his tattoos. Some hate his GF. Some hate his poor sportsmanship.

BUT, in 20 years, when they look back, qbing wins in two consecutive National Title Drives will tilt his way.

Granted, he was on a Minor League Pro team at the time, he will still be in the Hall of Fame. As will be Cam.

Hall of Fame? Unlikely.

Halls of Fame recognize career accomplishments much more than annual awards do, which is why Cam is not a lock for the CFHOF.

AJ: Career 36-4 as a starter. Back to back titles. Athlon lists him as the #7 QB of the BCS era.

CFHOF likely. NFL HOF? Extremely unlikely.

The victories were team ones. The reason he's garnered accolades is because of the power of the U@T's press machine, the buying in of uninformed talking heads to this press machine, and the surrounding cast of characters (talent). Like many if he does garner a spot, it'll be because of who get's to write the history of college football, rather than solely upon his merit. To the victor, the spoils, and the right to broadcast their version. Not to say not good QB.

So does he even meet this first criteria: (link)**

Hall of Fame Criteria:

• FIRST AND FOREMOST, A PLAYER MUST HAVE RECEIVED FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICA RECOGNITION BY A SELECTOR RECOGNIZED BY THE NCAA AND UTILIZED TO COMPRISE THEIR CONSENSUS ALL-AMERICA TEAMS.

** not sure which selector's are recognized by NCAA

This should be the end of the AJ HOF talk, thanks for posting!

aj may make the all time crybaby HOF....That is about it.......

Winner...winner...chicken dinner! Three things worked in AJ's favor...best o-line for two straight years, Richardson/Lacy at RB for two years...and weakest schedule in the conference for two years, going on three.

If these didn't hide his flaws, nothing will.

and Eli manning, and Philip rivers. AJs attitude is no where near a problem. This is a situation that reminds me of Arkansas old qb that is backing up Brady. Matt Jones I think.

Well I can guarantee you one thing...if AJ does make it, the first time he throws a long TD pass and he acts like an idiot running down the field slapping his helmet, it will be the last time he does that...NFL defensive players don't play that game, Homie.

We are into the 4th round and no takes on poor AJ. Maybe he should call Saban and the Rec to see what they can do....

Oh wait, this is the NFL, sorry A.J.

Several of us tried to tell the turds that A.J. would be lucky to go in the third round. The UAT'ers told us we were crazy. Who's crazy now?

We are into the 4th round and no takes on poor AJ. Maybe he should call Saban and the Rec to see what they can do....

Oh wait, this is the NFL, sorry A.J.

Several of us tried to tell the turds that A.J. would be lucky to go in the third round. The UAT'ers told us we were crazy. Who's crazy now?

The honest-to-God truth is that AJ simply isn't all that good. A healthy Aaron Murray was heads and shoulders better than AJ and a much better prospect for an NFL team. (Someone may pick him up at a bargain price in later rounds, betting on his complete recovery.) But AJ was never a great QB at bama and certainly not a QB many NFL teams would be willing to spend an early draft pick on, even though he claimed he'd go in the first round.

His attitude may have given some hesitation to even those teams willing to consider him. When it was clear that he wasn't all the good, but was claiming to be the best, that indicated a problem with reality and with attitude. Just as did his claims that, "We're still the best team." prior to him and his team mates laying a huge egg in the Sugar Bowl.

However, like Brodie, he may get one of the best jobs in the NFL; holding a clip board while someone else gets the crap beat out of him.

For the record, i have never once thought CNS was a player developer as much as an accumulator of talent.

If those of us thinking the same way are correct, 2014 could be a real disappointment for turd fans.

So what happens if he doesn't get drafted at all? Or am I just hoping for too much?

So what happens if he doesn't get drafted at all? Or am I just hoping for too much?

He will still have his reality TV show. LMAO

He will be drafted. Probably will go in 4th or 5th round. In the event he goes undrafted he will get a free agent invitation to somewhere. He will get a shot at making an NFL roster.

Archived