K.C. Ross-Miller Commits to Auburn

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN

Auburn has landed New Mexico State guard K.C. Ross-Miller, his dad told ESPN. Former UK commit can play this season for Bruce Pearl.

image.jpg

K.C. Ross-Miller

In his first season in the Crimson and White, Ross-Miller played in played in 30 games and started in 26 contests. He averaged 5.3 points and 2.3 assists per game. Ross-Miller led the Aggies in free throw percentage (79.7) and ranked second on the squad in both assists (69) and steals (33). Offensively, he had five games in double-figures with a career-high 16 points at Idaho (Jan. 12). Ross-Miller collected his first double-digit scoring performance with 11 points on 9-of-11 shooting from the free-throw line, six rebounds and three assists in the 79-57 win over Louisiana (Nov. 23). Helping the Aggies to a 71-70 win at Idaho, Ross-Miller scored a career-high 16 points on 5-of-10 shooting including a pair of 3-pointers. He followed that performance with 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting in the 64-51 victory over Utah State (Jan. 17). In the regular season finale, Ross-Miller scored 12 points to help the Aggies edge UT Arlington, 69-66 (March 9). He also had a dozen points and five assists in the 74-65 win over Texas State in the WAC Tournament semifinals (March 15). Additionally, Ross-Miller recorded seven games with four or more assists including three games with six assists: Southeastern Louisiana, Missouri State and Texas State. Off the court, Ross-Miller earned Academic All-WAC team honors.

Prior to NM State

Ross-Miller spent his freshman season at New Orleans in 2010-11. He played in 11 games and started in nine contests. He averaged 9.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. He scored a career-high 20 points versus Pensacola Christian. Ross-Miller shot 44.3 percent from the field and 76.9 percent from the free throw line (40-of-52).

High School

He graduated from God’s Academy in Dalworth, Texas in 2010. As a senior, Ross-Miller led the Ambassadors to a 28-3 record and a league championship. He averaged 27 points and nine assists per game. Ross-Miller won three consecutive AAU titles, and he was most valuable player of the Texas-Oklahoma All-Star game.

Personal

Ross-Miller is the son of Tim and Loryree Miller and was born in Tulsa, Okla. He is majoring in sports management.

http://www.nmstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205311969

As a redshirt sophomore Ross-Miller started in 20 of the 30 games he played, averaging 8.3 points and 3.5 assists per contest. Ross-Miller, who at one point in time verbally committed to attend Kentucky (during the Billy Gillispie era), shot 43.7% from the field and 39.3% from beyond the arc. His best individual performance came in a win at UTEP in late November, as he accounted for 26 points, six assists and just two turnovers.

rossmiller-e1393605618489.jpeg

http://collegebasket...er-to-transfer/

Fantastic. Bruce Pearl and his staff are doing a heck of a job recruiting. They've hit the ground running. I'm already excited about basketball season.

Quote:"Former UK commit can play this season for Bruce Pearl."

How can he play without sitting out his required transfer year? Reading his bio, I think he just finished his junior year. What am I not seeing?

This can help us. What happens in NM stays in NM.

This can help us and him. What happens in NM stays in NM.

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/05/guard_kc_ross-miller_commits_t.html

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn picked up immediate help in its backcourt Monday with the addition of former New Mexico State guard K.C. Ross-Miller, according to ESPN.

Ross-Miller is immediately eligible to play at Auburn, which is in dire need of help in the backcourt. The point guard is expected to complete his undergraduate classes and graduate from New Mexico State this summer, which will allow him to play immediately for one season at Auburn.

A basketball gypsy it seems but right now I guess BP will take what he can to help improved results this coming season. Hoping for the best from him.

Nice pickup.

Since he is playing college basketball I assume he will have to be enrolled in some graduate classes since he already has his under grad degree.

According to NCAA rules, graduates can transfer and play at once if they have a year of eligibility left.

I thought the SEC passed a rule barring this for football? Is the SEC rule for football only?

According to NCAA rules, graduates can transfer and play at once if they have a year of eligibility left.

I thought the SEC passed a rule barring this for football? Is the SEC rule for football only?

I was wondering the same thing Mikey...

I was wondering the same thing Mikey...

Sounds like that's the case.....lots of "football only" rules out there I guess. Feel pretty sure that BP and the Athletic Dept would have checked that out before the announcement was made. Brandon M on al.com says he will graduate this summer.

Was another point guard what we needed? TSD will be a sophomore and Canada will be a senior & Ross-Miller a senior. Desperately need a shooting guard to compliment K.T.. Hopefully, Dion Wade will find his stroke.

Was another point guard what we needed? TSD will be a sophomore and Canada will be a senior & Ross-Miller a senior. Desperately need a shooting guard to compliment K.T.. Hopefully, Dion Wade will find his stroke.

We need any and all who can play!

Remember the Canty kid that committed and then ended up at South Florida or somewhere? ...he was a PG also...so guess BP thinks we need a another guy who can possibly start. I get the feeling that Canada is not necessarily the back-up PG of choice.

Remember the Canty kid that committed and then ended up at South Florida or somewhere? ...he was a PG also...so guess BP thinks we need a another guy who can possibly start. I get the feeling that Canada is not necessarily the back-up PG of choice.

We alo picked up shooting guard today so now I can amend my previous comment. WDE!

Isn't Alabama getting a QB this year from FSU that graduated?

I think he has 2 years to play.

I think he has 2 years to play.

I meant that he will be playing this year. He doesn't have to wait either.

Yes they are. He can do that because he has TWO years to play instead of one. The SEC's rule specified "no one and done". As usual, if there is a loophole in the wording of a law, bammer found it. The spirit of the law never occurs to their sort.

Yes they are. He can do that because he has TWO years to play instead of one. The SEC's rule specified "no one and done". As usual, if there is a loophole in the wording of a law, bammer found it. The spirit of the law never occurs to their sort.

I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for enlightening me!

Archived