Comcast and SEC Network Strike A Deal

WarDamnEagle#1

Good. Sounds like my calling every other day threating to cancel my comcast service might have done some good. Now on to next subject to harass comcast with and threating to cancel my service. I really do hate their customer service department.

Good. Sounds like my calling every other day threating to cancel my comcast service might have done some good. Now on to next subject to harass comcast with and threating to cancel my service. I really do hate their customer service department.

Don't be too hard on them...who would really want a job making about $12 an hour to listen to complaints all day about things over which they have absolutely no control...or even input?

I just switched to dish network from direct tv.......I just didn't trust direct to carry the sec network, seeing how they didn't pick up the pac 10 network last year.....I think they will pick up the sec network but it may be later on in the year and I would miss the first game and maybe, more

Good to know. Comcast is our cable provider where we live in Georgia and I was waiting on them. Not surprised it took this long. Now I just wonder if it is something that will cost extra / what package I need / etc.

Cancel them anyway.

I just switched to dish network from direct tv.......I just didn't trust direct to carry the sec network, seeing how they didn't pick up the pac 10 network last year.....I think they will pick up the sec network but it may be later on in the year and I would miss the first game and maybe, more

We may be doing the same! Direct TV has about two weeks, or I am making the switch.

Good to know. Comcast is our cable provider where we live in Georgia and I was waiting on them. Not surprised it took this long. Now I just wonder if it is something that will cost extra / what package I need / etc.

Yeah, I wonder if this will be included or if we'll have to pay for another extra sports package.

http://www.usatoday....twork/12831855/

As part of its agreement with ESPN, Comcast will also make SEC Network available on its digital platforms, including the Xfinity TV Go app and website, WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com, with the ability to watch the network live and on-demand any time on any device.

I called Comcast this morning shortly after it was announced. The rep I was talking to didn't even know it was official. She put me on hold to check. Came back and said "yep". I asked her what I needed to do. I already have the Sports Tier One package (or whatever they call it) She said it would be on that package and there would be no additional fee's to the customer. I said that to say this, I have been lied to by the Comcast phone rep's before. I will be calling again around the first of August to see what the story is then. I just wanted to pass along what I was told over the phone this morning.

http://www.usatoday....twork/12831855/

As part of its agreement with ESPN, Comcast will also make SEC Network available on its digital platforms, including the Xfinity TV Go app and website, WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com, with the ability to watch the network live and on-demand any time on any device.

I called Comcast this morning shortly after it was announced. The rep I was talking to didn't even know it was official. She put me on hold to check. Came back and said "yep". I asked her what I needed to do. I already have the Sports Tier One package (or whatever they call it) She said it would be on that package and there would be no additional fee's to the customer. I said that to say this, I have been lied to by the Comcast phone rep's before. I will be calling again around the first of August to see what the story is then. I just wanted to pass along what I was told over the phone this morning.

Congrats...hope the rate holds...and I have a bootleg comcast address so if Charter does not come through, I can "borrow" the game on my computer.

I already have the Sports Tier One package (or whatever they call it) She said it would be on that package and there would be no additional fee's to the customer.

What do they consider to be the Tier One Sports package? Is that the package with all the ESPN channels? I hope they include the sec network with that package. I just assumed they would try and charge additional fees for the sec network.

I already have the Sports Tier One package (or whatever they call it) She said it would be on that package and there would be no additional fee's to the customer.

What do they consider to be the Tier One Sports package? Is that the package with all the ESPN channels? I hope they include the sec network with that package. I just assumed they would try and charge additional fees for the sec network.

Yeah....ESPNU, ESPN Classic, NFL Red Zone, CBS Sports, Big 10 Network, Outdoor channel, Sportsman Channel, etc., etc., etc.. There are conflicting reports. Somebody on another site read an article that said it would be part of the basic digital package in southern states. If I was a Comcast customer, I would call and find out. I have called once, but am going to call again the first of August to see what their story is then.

This came from a MOD on the Comcast forum.......

Earlier this afternoon a deal was signed to distribute SEC Network. The majority of our cable systems will begin rolling out SEC Network in August to both SD and HD customers.

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Additional details will be provided as they become available. Thanks for your patience.

LINK

LINK

I have the Sports Entertainment Pack with Comcast. I will have to call them to see if this covers the SEC Network.

Charter... Where are you on this?

this customer service is no better.

Probably true but their customer service people will be the last to know...like we hear so often, they will know when they read about it in the newspaper.

I get ESPN and ESPN2 "expanded view" but ESNP News and ESPNU are on "Sports View" plus HD of course ($10) ...so SEC will almost surely be on yet another package...for another $5 per month. A person would need to be forensic accountant to interpret one of their bills.

Also we have a little cabin with Time Warner available and checked with them....no deal yet on SEC Network there either. Figured if Charter did not come through I had a back-up plan but no luck so far.

I just hope we're able to pick up the AU games like use to do on ESPN & ABC without having our cable bill go up even more.

Archived