I don't know about all of you...

TitanTiger

But I'm pulling for every SEC team to beat the absolute snot out of whoever they play. Even Bama. I want to prove to the nation that the SEC was far from "down" this year and the best way for that to happen is for the conference to run the table. We have three shots at Big Ten teams, two at ACC teams, and one at the Big XII.

Go :uga: , :lsu: , :ut: , :uf: , :ua: , and of course...the SEC Champion, Undefeated Auburn Tigers :au: !!

Guest Tigrinum Major

I find it absolutely reprehensible to pull for UAT. I absolutely cannot do it. If it will make you feel better, I will not watch the MCB (shouldn't be difficult to miss, isn't it on Christmas Eve at 2 in the afternoon or something?) and therefore I will not be actively cheering against UAT.

I normally do that too. But I have an overriding concern this time: proving Auburn's schedule, particularly the SEC schedule, was not "down" or "weak".

I'm torn too. I was talking to my dad last night (Auburn '67) and heard words come from his mouth that I've never heard before, "For the first time in my life, I'm rooting for Alabama." I almost dropped the phone.

Part of me wants the SEC to go 6-0, and prove that the SEC isn't "down." I think this is the only way we might get a share of the AP. Let OU beat USC in the Orange, and then have Tennessee slap Texas A&M around, along with the rest of the teams in the conference win.

i keep having this thought. if the sec wins out (possible if not probable with florida coachless), auburn will look great. if say cal or texas lose (texas clearly more likely) and their conference companion (ie. ou for texas) wins the title game. we'd have a much better shot at a split. think about it. if texas were to lose, they'd drop to AT LEAST 7 or 8 if top seeded teams win the bowls. if we beat vatech that would make way for lsu AND uga to finish above texas. a 6-0 record i bowls would say we played the stiffest competition and two teams that finished in the top 10 (possibly top 5 for uga). just a thought. it would work the same way for a usc win/cal loss.

It's harder for me to pull for the stinkin corndogs than it is to pull for the bammites.

But I always pull for Auburn so if it has a chance of helping us(which I seriously doubt) I will not root against lswho. Now, after typing that, I've gotta go wash my hands.

c'mon now. it's always tough. i'll be behind you this year, but it really will be the first time in my life. it's a self-serving applause.

so just to know what i'm pulling for, you guys getting back any of the injured starters? smokin ray? brodie? at least tell me darby'll be 100%.

Guest Tigrinum Major
You guys already beat us this year...I dont know why it is still so hard to pull for bama even after you win against us...SEC baby.

130027[/snapback]

BG, I must explain why I feel this way. I grew up in a small town in East Alabama in the 70's. Now, needless to say, your school had a great run during this time while my Tigers struggled transitioning from Shug to Barfield. Most of the people I grew up with were UAT fans. They were UAT fans because their daddys and granddaddys were UAT fans. Their daddys and granddaddys were UAT fans because Bear Bryant and Wallace Wade made them feel good about themselves during times when the state was down. ("We can't compete with the North, Midwest and West in anything but football, but we kick their ass at that.")

Now, most of these people were lucky to graduate high school, much less ever think about attending a college that didn't have "Beauty" in its name. (I had a fond saying a few years back that most of the bass awkward fans I grew up with could not even spell "Tuscaloosa". My neice challenged one of the ladies in the lunchroom at her high school after this woman gave her a rash of grief and the woman couldn't do it.) There was no spirited debate, mutual respect from these fans. It was always "You're for Auburn, you suck." Kind of like some of the posts you see on TiderInsider. At least in the open forum, because I am never paying for their premium service.

So, I developed what is probably an unhealthy hatred of all things crimson. I don't hate all Bama fans. I don't hate the school itself. But I cannot imagine hoping for anything that would give those dirt road alumni any pleasure in the realm of college athletics. And before you or anyone else says that I must think you have to attend a school in order to cheer for them, no, that isn't my point. There are many fine Alabama people that did not attend UAT that I actually enjoy being around, even when the subject of football comes up. They are able to carry on an intelligent debate without the words "you suck" being their main arguing point. But it is those ackjasses from an unnamed small town in East Alabama that turned me against UAT forever. Does that make any sense?

It's like lima beans. If you hated them as a kid, you will probably hate them forever...

war :au::lsu::uga::ut::ua::uf:

to bad we can't pull for :usc: !

the three best game imo to watch are:

auburn vs va. tech

louisville vs boise state

lsu vs iowa

I will say that although I will pull for UAT in their bowl game, I certainly won't shed any tears if the ball does not bounce their way. Just one of those can't lose situations if you know what I mean. :P

You guys already beat us this year...I dont know why it is still so hard to pull for bama even after you win against us...SEC baby.

130027[/snapback]

Have you been to tidefans.com lately. It makes not liking Bama pretty easy. That being said I'm pulling for :ua:

I find it absolutely reprehensible to pull for UAT.  I absolutely cannot do it.  If it will make you feel better, I will not watch the MCB (shouldn't be difficult to miss, isn't it on Christmas Eve at 2 in the afternoon or something?) and therefore I will not be actively cheering against UAT.

129998[/snapback]

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO............whew!

WDE!

This morning, the last 2 callers to the local call-in show were 2 of the consistent Bama callers to the show. They both chimed in about how the only reason Auburn wasn't going to the Orange Bowl was because Bama almost and should have beat Auburn. And if we hadn't of had those dang injuries....well, you know the rest.

I have some absolutely great friends who are Bama supporters and I can talk with them and honestly look at Bama in a different light. But then, you hear from so many others that make you go.. :banghead:

That being said, I will be pulling for the Tide against the rodents with large teeth. BG is right. Once we have bragging rights, I'm okay with pulling for them in a bowl game. "SEC Baby"

to bad we can't pull for  :usc: !

130044[/snapback]

After the way they embarrased the entirety of college football, I wouldn't pull for them against even UT, AU or ND... Much less anyone else.

I'm even going as far as cheering against tAmU so the SEC pulls a sweep. Remember, you don't have to PULL for a team, but you can pull AGAINST their opponent. :big:

Reauxll Dawagleteertors! :blink:

130027[/snapback]

Well, ... ... my Mom's from Minnesota. She didn't attend the University there but, that makes it personal now because it's family we're talkin' about. Go SEC (for the most part) and Go Golden Gophers! :au: WDE 12-0

As usual I will pull for any and all :sec: teams to win, even :ua: . If the :sec: could go 6 - 0 in the bowl games, it would be a good "In your face" to the AP voters and to the BCS hucksters.

Its funny you guys mention the bama callers who called in doggin AU...ive heard a BUUUUNCH of bama callers call into radio shows saying they think AU deserves a shot at the title...and its unfortunate what happened to them.

Those calls wont ever get mentioned over here if i dont bring em up ;)

I didn't grow up in bama, and don't live in AL, so I don't have to listen to them. HANDS DOWN I am cheering for every single SEC Team out there. . .and trust me, its going to be tough, b/c my wife went to Texas A&M. I want the SEC to win every dang game, and I want the Big 12 to lose every dang game. I want Cal to win, but ASU to lose to Purdue.

THAT is how we look the best . .end of story.

You should never hate a team more then you love your own, wanting other then the above does just that.

BamaGrad,

How long do you have to keep that LSU sig?

I feel for ya.

I'll see the Bama Bowl game as a can't lose situation. If they win, thats

one more win for the SEC, if they lose thats one more loss for Crimson Tide.

Something to be happy about either way.

Am actually looking forward to the seeing that game though, will be interested

in seeing if the Bama defense can stop that Minnesota offense. If they can, I

think I gotta give a alight edge to Bama, despite any offensive problems.

If they can't it could be ugly.

Guest Tigrinum Major
You should never hate a team more then you love your own, wanting other then the above does just that.

130125[/snapback]

I disagree. I find it disturbing and frustrating that we have to rely on the performance of others to justify what we already know in our hearts, that we are the best team in the best conference in the country. The fact of the matter is, bowl game performance is overrated. Injuries have time to heal, some coaches don't prepare, teams get out of shape, etc. If you aren't playing one of the top bowls, performance is discounted in my eyes.

And if you did not have to grow up nor live with the vile Alabama fans that I did, I can certainly understand your view on this. But let me have my opinion until you have walked a mile in my shoes.

I am pulling for

Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, and LSU

Though, LSU losing would make me laugh for Ellis' sake.

And I will never root for USuCk. I hate that f-ing school.

I've only heard one sorry bammer call in making fun of Auburn's situation and Eli hung up on him. Nothing but respect!

Go SEC!

Archived