Has anyone ever been to Green Bay

arnaldoabru

Some friends and I are flying up to Green Bay on Sat. for the Packers game.Has anyone ever been?Is there anything to do in Green Bay besides the game?Any good places to eat.Any good bars,etc...

By the way, the article by the guy in the Pickens County paper summed up my feelings exactly.It is a great read for any Auburn fan.

Also, where is the Woodland-Leroy game going to be played and what night?

Green Bay is by far the smallest city to ever have a pro franchise. It almost seems that the whole city revolves around football. There are a few pretty good places to eat in the downtown area, although I can't remember the names right now.

The one thing that I found interesting there is the Packers Hall of Fame; it was great!!!

I live in Green Bay and the best places to go are the Packer HOF, The Pro Shop @ Lambeau is the #1 pro shop in the leauge. Go to the stadium the day before the game and take in the HOF and the Pro shop and you can eat a Curlys ( Curly Lambeau) they are all in the atrium at Lambeau. The best bars are on Washington Street, Kitners , Hip Cats, Pi , DO NOT GO TO THE GIRLIE BARS THEY ARE TERRIFING does the phrase FAT GIRL mean anything (it is Green Bay)while you are at the stadium TAKE THE TOUR it is the only way you will see the field until gameday. If you are at the Atrium look for the short white guy in the AU HAT with the biggest grin on his face that you have seen ( I love rubbing it in the Big tens face that Ga gonna kick there BUTTTTTTS). WDE and have fun at the game let me know what you think when you get back. The New Lambeau is the finest stadium in the nation.... Period.

I visited last March. You have got to take the stadium tour, if possible. It was great. You get to walk out of the tunnel the players enter the field by, and go up in the sky boxes. Curley's resturant was good. If you have kids, there are some interactive games in the Atrium area to play. The museum tour is a must! They have Super Bowl rings and trophies, plus all the usual museum stuff. A lot to do and worth the time.

I was in GB for a week 2 years ago on business. The restaurants downtown are pretty good. I stayed at a hotel within walking distance of the stadium. i think it was Hilton Garden Inn or something like that. I found the microbrewery restaurants in town to be very good. They know how to make good beer and fried cheese curds.

... DO NOT GO TO THE GIRLIE BARS THEY ARE TERRIFING does the phrase FAT GIRL mean anything (it is Green Bay)... 

130331[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

LMFAO Thanks, grnbaytiger. You made my day!

They know how to make good beer

Oh yeah, I'm with you so far...

and fried cheese curds.

130411[/snapback]

D'oh....you just lost me. What the HELL is a fried cheese curd??? :puke:

A fried cheese curd is a small piece of cheese that has been fried. They're good hot.

If you don't like cheese, then skip the curds and go for a brat.

130435[/snapback]

So...it's like a mozarella stick? I like those. What is the "curd" portion of the item? That's the part that concerns me.

I love brats, though. :thumbsup:

If you ever go to Greenbay or Wisconsin in general, you will learn all about cheese curds: plain and fried. They have them everywhere from restaurants to gas stations. When I was there, I asked the attendant at a quickie mart what the heck a cheese curd was. Her response was "no s**t, you've don't know what a curd is". My coworker and I laughed our butts off over that. You have to hear the accent to get the true effect.

If you ever go to Greenbay or Wisconsin in general, you will learn all about cheese curds: plain and fried.  They have them everywhere from restaurants to gas stations.  When I was there, I asked the attendant at a quickie mart what the heck a cheese curd was.  Her response was "no s**t, you've don't know what a curd is".  My coworker and I laughed our butts off over that.  You have to hear the accent to get the true effect.

130442[/snapback]

Uh...so...what the hell is a "curd"?

I don't really know but I think its the fat that settles on top of the milk in a dairy that is then converted through some strange process into cheese. Its very healthy for you, especially fried! :no:

Its the solid part of milk. Cottage chesse is just milk that has started to separate the curds from the whey (the liquid part of the milk).

Guest Tigrinum Major

130445[/snapback]

Basically, it is cheese before it is cheese. It is cheddar cheese before they shape it into blocks and age it. It is the solid part of milk that is seperated and then formed into blocks and aged. Curds are two days old, cheese is 60 days old.

130445[/snapback]

Basically, it is cheese before it is cheese. It is cheddar cheese before they shape it into blocks and age it. It is the solid part of milk that is seperated and then formed into blocks and aged. Curds are two days old, cheese is 60 days old.

130453[/snapback]

So, it's something between cottage cheese and cheese? Ugh, think I'll pass. I think the cold weather has warped their taste buds.

Archived