Miss. State vs LSU

WFE12

Every team has peaks, and every team has valleys. After UGA's beatdown of Clempson, and aTm's beat down of USCe, who would have thought USCe would have beat UGA?

I would not read too much into either LSU or MSU based on this game other than to expect an plan for the best in both cases. We knew MSU was a dangerous team. We also knew this was not the LSU of the past. I thought MSU on the road would be tougher than LSU in JHS. However, I doubt we will face the MSU team LSU saw tonight. Maintaining that level of performance is hard. MSU will likely be beaten at some point this season. This is the SEC East. You don't win, you survive.

West. Otherwise, yep.

Duh. My bad. It was late.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed that lsu was in a position to win the game at all but glad to see msu win.

^^This^^. I turned off the game because I figured it was over (and it should). Whoa.

Mullen tried to run out the clock to preserve the victory while there was still over 8 minutes remaining in the game, and didn't sustain many drives. LSU's backup QB came in and went to work. Nearly pulled a miraculous comeback after many thought State had this one sealed earlier.

Well perhaps, but there was also a huge turnover when the Mississippi State center snapped the ball over Prescotts head. He went back to get it but couldn't cover the ball and LSU got it on the MSU 30. Backup center getting some work and it didn't work out too well. After that miscue they brought the starting center back in.

Also, the MSU center escaped without a penalty when he came back in. By rule it should have been a penalty because he put his knee brace back on and it was outside the pants. I'm wondering if the officials didn't notice it or just chose to ignore it.

No pads or protective equipment may be worn outside the pants.

Mullen tried to run out the clock to preserve the victory while there was still over 8 minutes remaining in the game, and didn't sustain many drives. LSU's backup QB came in and went to work. Nearly pulled a miraculous comeback after many thought State had this one sealed earlier.

Well perhaps, but there was also a huge turnover when the Mississippi State center snapped the ball over Prescotts head. He went back to get it but couldn't cover the ball and LSU got it on the MSU 30. Backup center getting some work and it didn't work out too well. After that miscue they brought the starting center back in.

Also, the MSU center escaped without a penalty when he came back in. By rule it should have been a penalty because he put his knee brace back on and it was outside the pants. I'm wondering if the officials didn't notice it or just chose to ignore it.

The announcers caught it and mentioned it, although being announcers, they were utterly clueless that it was an equipment violation that way.

I'm amazed that lsu was in a position to win the game at all but glad to see msu win.

^^This^^. I turned off the game because I figured it was over (and it should). Whoa.

Yes...Completely forgot to mention that. It was a critical and near costly turnover.

That msu center is a dirty player he will be one to watch out for.

Who is the MSU player that does all the stomping on downed players?

dillion day, their center. He stomped on 2 tonight and had a personal foul called. He was suspended for stomping one of our guys last year. He is scum. He trails the play and then "has" to jump over the pile and stomps on the other teams guy. You can tell it's intentional.

He landed on one guy's stomach and another's inner thigh.

I saw both those plays and thought they were just a fat guy being clumsy. He probably could have avoided both if he really wanted to, but i didn't get that he was doing it intentionally. But if he has a history doing that in multiple games, that paints a different picture. If there's a pattern there, the SEC should suspend him if the school won't.

FWIW, Day issued a statement today saying it was unintentional.

That msu center is a dirty player he will be one to watch out for.

Who is the MSU player that does all the stomping on downed players?

dillion day, their center. He stomped on 2 tonight and had a personal foul called. He was suspended for stomping one of our guys last year. He is scum. He trails the play and then "has" to jump over the pile and stomps on the other teams guy. You can tell it's intentional.

He landed on one guy's stomach and another's inner thigh.

I saw both those plays and thought they were just a fat guy being clumsy. He probably could have avoided both if he really wanted to, but i didn't get that he was doing it intentionally. But if he has a history doing that in multiple games, that paints a different picture. If there's a pattern there, the SEC should suspend him if the school won't.

FWIW, Day issued a statement today saying it was unintentional.

I felt like there was clear intention on the one when he stomped on the guy's stomach. I wasn't so sure about the other one, but twice in one game? And knowing there's a history there... have even heard rumblings from folks who say they went to high school w/ him (no links, just random stuff from around the web)... yeah, that guy is a dirtbag and is going to injure somebody worse than he already injured the one guy.

Dillan Day suspended by SEC for one game over his "unintentional" stomping.

considering he stomped two players and had an unrelated pf, that's a light suspension to me.

Dillan Day suspended by SEC for one game over his "unintentional" stomping.

considering he stomped two players and had an unrelated pf, that's a light suspension to me.

a repeat offender too.....bet someone will take another look at that in the next few days.

Overall, LSU was flat unprepared & unmotivated. One of those games where if they play 10 more times the losing team wins 9. IMHO.

I don't know, it looked like MSU physically dominated LSU at he LOS and LSU's QB Jennings is not good. MSU came to play ball and they took LSU to the woodshed even though the score was relatively close at the end, MSU whipped the corndogs.

Overall, LSU was flat unprepared & unmotivated. One of those games where if they play 10 more times the losing team wins 9. IMHO.

I don't know, it looked like MSU physically dominated LSU at he LOS and LSU's QB Jennings is not good. MSU came to play ball and they took LSU to the woodshed even though the score was relatively close at the end, MSU whipped the corndogs.

I'm hoping that's the best game they play all year. When Prescott is healthy they will be a handful and then some.

I have seen nothing from LSU's play this season that validates this..

Yeah, no way. Miss State is a better team than LSU.

I was about to argue with you, then I noticed the period. #PunctuationMatters

:big:

I was about to argue with you, then I noticed the period. #PunctuationMatters

:big:

:laugh:

Archived