Miss. State vs LSU

WFE12

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welp...i said it in the OP guys,some of yall didn't believe me, my score prediction was close too..I think Dak will play us better than Waters did and the defense is legit

welp...i said it in the OP guys,some of yall didn't believe me, my score prediction was close too..I think Dak will play us better than Waters did and the defense is legit

If LSU had connected on the Hail Mary, I'd have won the pick and the bonus. Congrats to those who saw Miss State winning this one, though. I was sorely tempted but made the wrong call.

That game has become more interesting ...

Lots of people dogging LSU on here. Maybe MSU is just that good.

That game has become more interesting ...

That game has become worrisome to me.

Who has MSU played that gives people the idea that they have a chance at beating LSU at night in Baton Rouge?

:poke:

Who has MSU played that gives people the idea that they have a chance at beating LSU at night in Baton Rouge?

:poke:/>

Going into the game, they beat up on the little guys. There wasn't any indicator that they were good enough to play LSU like they did.

I will say that my level of concern of playing either team has swapped.

While MSU's stock has definitely risen, LSU looked equally unimpressive in their opener against Wisconsin. After their showing tonight, that suggests a pattern.

We're going to need to play well to be both of them. The West is so far and away the toughest division in CFB, it's not even funny. The playoff shouldn't just have 2 SEC teams, it should have the top 4 teams from the West.

Every team has peaks, and every team has valleys. After UGA's beatdown of Clempson, and aTm's beat down of USCe, who would have thought USCe would beat UGA?

I would not read too much into either LSU or MSU based on this game other than to expect an plan for the best in both cases. We knew MSU was a dangerous team. We also knew this was not the LSU of the past. I thought MSU on the road would be tougher than LSU in JHS. However, I doubt we will face the MSU team LSU saw tonight. Maintaining that level of performance is hard. MSU will likely be beaten at some point this season. This is the SEC West. You don't win, you survive.

Every team has peaks, and every team has valleys. After UGA's beatdown of Clempson, and aTm's beat down of USCe, who would have thought USCe would have beat UGA?

I would not read too much into either LSU or MSU based on this game other than to expect an plan for the best in both cases. We knew MSU was a dangerous team. We also knew this was not the LSU of the past. I thought MSU on the road would be tougher than LSU in JHS. However, I doubt we will face the MSU team LSU saw tonight. Maintaining that level of performance is hard. MSU will likely be beaten at some point this season. This is the SEC East. You don't win, you survive.

West. Otherwise, yep.

Well, according to Mark May, we can just go ahead and crown M$U the 2014 SEC champs. To quote him directly, M$U is the "new alpha dog in the division. First time beating LSU in 15 years, they have established themselves as a dominant force in the SEC west."

I kinda thought it took a little more than one victory to establish yourself as a dominant anything.

That msu center is a dirty player he will be one to watch out for.

Who is the MSU player that does all the stomping on downed players?

dillion day, their center. He stomped on 2 tonight and had a personal foul called. He was suspended for stomping one of our guys last year. He is scum. He trails the play and then "has" to jump over the pile and stomps on the other teams guy. You can tell it's intentional.

He landed on one guy's stomach and another's inner thigh.

That msu center is a dirty player he will be one to watch out for.

Who is the MSU player that does all the stomping on downed players?

dillion day, their center. He stomped on 2 tonight and had a personal foul called. He was suspended for stomping one of our guys last year. He is scum. He trails the play and then "has" to jump over the pile and stomps on the other teams guy. You can tell it's intentional.

He landed on one guy's stomach and another's inner thigh.

He should be thrown off the team for that. Disgusting.

I think MSU will struggle in this one. MSU's defense gave up 34 points and over 500 yards to UAB. Their other two wins were an awful USM team and an equally awful South Alabama team.

This year's UAB is not your typical UAB team. I'm proud of their improvement.

The Miss St score and Bama score against southern miss were similar, 49-0 and 52-12 respectively. I believe Miss St is better than most think.

This should be a good game and my pick is Miss St by a field goal.

I didn't see Miss St running away with it most of the game like they did but I felt like they were going to pull the upset with a healthy Dak Prescott.

I'm amazed that lsu was in a position to win the game at all but glad to see msu win.

^^This^^. I turned off the game because I figured it was over (and it should). Whoa.

I'm amazed that lsu was in a position to win the game at all but glad to see msu win.

^^This^^. I turned off the game because I figured it was over (and it should). Whoa.

Mullen tried to run out the clock to preserve the victory while there was still over 8 minutes remaining in the game, and didn't sustain many drives. LSU's backup QB came in and went to work. Nearly pulled a miraculous comeback after many thought State had this one sealed earlier.

While MSU's stock has definitely risen, LSU looked equally unimpressive in their opener against Wisconsin. After their showing tonight, that suggests a pattern.

That's kind of what I was thinking. LSWho was able to complete their comeback against Wisconsin, but how good is Wisconsin? MSU had a ton of yards and a lot of points, but right now I still don't know if LSU or MSU are actually really good or if a decent team was just playing one that, at least right now, isn't.

Archived